• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Temple of Relics Feedback

DeletedUser25950

Weren't all y'all supposed to be leaving the country on Wednesday?

DeletedUser8152

Weren't all y'all supposed to be leaving the country on Wednesday?
People who believe in math and logic are supposed to be fleeing? Well, I can see the argument, but I guess it is a bit off topic here...

DeletedUser3679

People who believe in math and logic are supposed to be fleeing? Well, I can see the argument, but I guess it is a bit off topic here...

Not them, those who vowed to leave the country if Trump got elected (thinking of course that it was an impossibility).

DeletedUser8152

I see, that must be tied in from a different discussion all together then? So yeah, even more off topic...

DeletedUser25950

Not really off topic , just "deep" in the discussion, ,

Interesting , but with greed we will never make it off this rock, although greed usually financed all expeditions into the unknown so far.
Barring the many physical limitation of jumping to another rock, I suggest working on moving ypur soul to another place if you have one.

As to math and logic , what do you want to know? I got a piece of paper I paid IDK $30-50K for says I know statistics and actually got paid alot more than that for a few years to do so. On top of the fact, I have an averaged IQ from 3 tests says I "was" 154, back when I was younger , BFD. . Yea , I know math, and used to be able to do calculus in my head. So I considered it a slur to think my statements on the returns on a ToR were the result of a "confirmation bias". I rip people every day for such things on real topics, but I use the "ruse" of being a dumb ass redneck. Early Caylyr Rules :) , as does Cartman from Southpark.

Trump supporter? LOL , But I do laugh at the people that have to sign off their intelligence and morals to even consider being a liberal or that Hillary Clinton was suitable at all for US president rather than in jail.

We can talk confirmation bias all you want , if you brought it up as a warning , fine, but if you think I am not attempting to point out patterns and algorithms from a neutral point of view about this game , you are mistaken. It is a game to figure out the equation they are using for ToR returns, my posts are 'guesses" to what is going on. Years ago I used to correct such equations/computer speak BS. Nowadays , i don't even remember ho to write such codes.
Throw something else real out there. :)

Now let us get back to discussing the topic , without going too far. But it was mildly intersting to go there.

Anybody else have a differing PoV to returns on the Temple of Relics? It is the whole point of the debate to find the 'right answer" and judge the returns of the GB in game, which is what we are wasting our time(and you only got so much in RL) on here LOL..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

Understanding confirmation bias is a question of math and logic. And there is some reason to think that you and Tazmanian Mechanic are getting tripped up by it. I believe that was the point of Konrad's post, and my own response. If in fact you have a large, unbiased, and carefully collected sample you're basing your conclusions on, then let us know, I would certainly be interested to see.

DeletedUser13838

Not really off topic , just "deep" in the discussion, ,

Interesting , but with greed we will never make it off this rock, although greed usually financed all expeditions into the unknown so far.
Barring the many physical limitation of jumping to another rock, I suggest working on moving ypur soul to another place if you have one.

As to math and logic , what do you want to know? I got a piece of paper I paid IDK $30-50K for says I know statistics and actually got paid alot more than that for a few years to do so. On top of the fact, I have an averaged IQ from 3 tests says I "was" 154, back when I was younger , BFD. . Yea , I know math, and used to be able to do calculus in my head. So I considered it a slur to think my statements on the returns on a ToR were the result of a "confirmation bias". I rip people every day for such things on real topics, but I use the "ruse" of being a dumb ass redneck. Early Caylyr Rules :) , as does Cartman from Southpark.

Trump supporter? LOL , But I do laugh at the people that have to sign off their intelligence and morals to even consider being a liberal or that Hillary Clinton was suitable at all for US president rather than in jail.

We can talk confirmation bias all you want , if you brought it up as a warning , fine, but if you think I am not attempting to point out patterns and algorithms from a neutral point of view about this game , you are mistaken. It is a game to figure out the equation they are using for ToR returns, my posts are 'guesses" to what is going on. Years ago I used to correct such equations/computer speak BS. Nowadays , i don't even remember ho to write such codes.
Throw something else real out there. :)

Now let us get back to discussing the topic , without going too far. But it was mildly intersting to go there.

Anybody else have a differing PoV to returns on the Temple of Relics? It is the whole point of the debate to find the 'right answer" and judge the returns of the GB in game, which is what we are wasting our time(and you only got so much in RL) on here LOL..

Was this a response to me? It was a joke.

DeletedUser26788

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue. My ToR is level 7 and I just completed the second GE level without a single relic! Not cool.

DeletedUser7289

I've said this before, but folks are getting caught up in "small sample size theater". I have Temples on 5 worlds, and they are remarkably consistently inconsistent. When I take the overall from all of them over all the weeks, the rewards are about what I'd expect. But looking at any single temple for any single week can skew the view. On one world, no relics on the first 2 levels. On another world, 6 relics (and 2 Jade) in 2 levels. And it's only Wednesday.
(News Flash: random results might be random!)

Ylisaveta

I have Temples on 5 worlds, and they are remarkably consistently inconsistent.

Me, too, including beta. Bad weeks, good weeks, mediocre weeks. In one world, nothing but stupid premium decos this week, in a couple of others, a mixture of goods and junk, in 2 others goods and fps - got the 100 fps in both, and the 20 fps as well in one of them. In previous weeks, I've had a world or worlds where I've gotten zip or only a couple relics in 3 levels. As pygalgia said above, random results might be random!

Jase249

I just went through the first week and got one common relic across two levels of GE. Definitely a letdown, but at the same time only one week is far too small a sample to call it a bust so I'll be giving it a few more weeks before coming to any conclusion.

DeletedUser26154

I've won four gold relics in one week, and no gold relics in one week.
It's inconsistent. I've tried different ways to generate more relics.
I've bull-run my G.E. and finished it all in under three days.
I've spaced out the fights with mathematical precision.
I've done battles with the monitor upside down.
I've done battles with me upside down.
Nothing changes the randomness.

OldTyme72

Ok. I'm not buying the "random" crap anymore.
In my main world my ToR is 11. In my other worlds (4 worlds) they are level 5 or under.
I get so many more relics on my lower level ToR's and it has been like this for weeks. Random Schmandon.
#tinfoilhat

ITown

Ok. I'm not buying the "random" crap anymore.
In my main world my ToR is 11. In my other worlds (4 worlds) they are level 5 or under.
I get so many more relics on my lower level ToR's and it has been like this for weeks. Random Schmandon.
#tinfoilhat
The difference between level 5 and level 11 is tiny.

Try leveling your TOR to 60 and see if you still think the the rate is lower at high levels.

DeletedUser14197

Try leveling your TOR to 60 and see if you still think the the rate is lower at high levels.

Is that what this game is about? getting great buildings to level 60? I am struggling with whether I am having fun anymore. Clicking continually for the tavern, leveling great buildings to extremely high levels, collecting tons of decos and blueprints. I still enjoy GE in 2 worlds, but personally I do not find it fun raising great buildings to extremely high levels, but it is increasingly seeming to be the point. Really one should have the Aachan, CDM and Zeus to extremely high levels to make GE easier in the highest ages, though I am sure some people can do it without. I struggle. It is just you get so little for each level after 10,, and it just seems too much for too little.

ITown

Is that what this game is about? getting great buildings to level 60? I am struggling with whether I am having fun anymore. Clicking continually for the tavern, leveling great buildings to extremely high levels, collecting tons of decos and blueprints. I still enjoy GE in 2 worlds, but personally I do not find it fun raising great buildings to extremely high levels, but it is increasingly seeming to be the point. Really one should have the Aachan, CDM and Zeus to extremely high levels to make GE easier in the highest ages, though I am sure some people can do it without. I struggle. It is just you get so little for each level after 10,, and it just seems too much for too little.
Once you finish the tech tree, there's no use for your FP besides GB donations. Personally, I think TOR is one of the best ones to level above 10.

DeletedUser13838

I don't know about tiny. You get about 40% more uncommon/rare relics with the level 11 ToR over the level 5.

I finished my best week ever with a level 17 ToR - 420 fps, 200 goods, 10k medals (yes 4 underwhelming medal relics), an sok, a bazaar, 15 plasmas and some other troops, and a bunch of other pointless stuff (watchfires flower arbors bps etc). Actually I got my 1st seed vault bp from a relic, go figure.