• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Temple of Relics might not be worth it

time4coffee

I upgraded to level 4 (13.5%) so far, maybe if I have the time, I may upgrade it to 5 (14%) but after that the increases feel negligible compared to the benefits at least up to level 10. Since GBG, I don't play play as much as before anyway. At this point, trying to level up ToR, doesn't seem worth it

Super Catanian

Great evidence. Because you were lucky everyone must be lucky. Makes you really doubt the school system.
Nowhere did I mention that I was lucky. I was referring to the fact that the percentage bonus for finding Relics changes very non-significantly. And the hundreds of FP, thousands of Goods, and dozens of Troops I've gotten from said Relics (Buildings, too) make it very worth the 6×6 space. The only GB that I can think of that does something similar is the HC, with the Spoils of War mechanic.

DeletedUser37344

Well, I'm still in InA, have battled my way to 3 spots short of completing level 3 of the ToR (level 3) and not one relic! I'm going to tear it down ... I think a 6x6 space can provide better rewards ... wondering if the Celtic Forest might be good there ...

RazorbackPirate

Well, I'm still in InA, have battled my way to 3 spots short of completing level 3 of the ToR (level 3) and not one relic! I'm going to tear it down ... I think a 6x6 space can provide better rewards ... wondering if the Celtic Forest might be good there ...
The answer is not tearing it down, the answer is leveling ToR to 10.

Emberguard

For that reason, ToR has been a great GB to own, but prior to the AD, I just couldn't justify the space or the FPs for something that mostly produced junk that would sit unused, in my inventory. Now, the more junk better. The occasional goods, rogues, and FPs are nice too, but I built it for more junk to sell in the AD.
Personally I've found it worth it even prior to AD simply because it's a low maintenance GB. Most of my lvls for my main city I haven't even put much FPs into for it either. The neighbours did that free of charge without asking beforehand.

DeletedUser37344

thanks for the feedback ... I'll consider it although I'm not sure what value there is in a Face .. it takes up 2x2, granted doesn't need a road, but happiness is taken care of by Traz,etc. I did get a tribal square in addition to the Faces but to go almost 3 of 4 levels without a single relic seems a bit ridiculous. I've been reading other posts and it seems my experience is shared by many

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4441

I dropped my Tor when it first came out and ran it up to 20 pretty quick. 20.25% chance of relic, this was sufficient for a very long time,, I felt I was getting a worthwhile amount of relics from GE (doing Tier 4 most every week). When AD was added to Beta I revisited my ToR and ran it on up to 58. 30% chance of relic, best source of auction fodder out there consistently.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure what value there is in a Face
Two values, as a matter of fact. Number one, obviously, is selling it in the Antiques Dealer. Number two, and the most useful, is that when you have a bunch of them you can easily fulfill the Happiness parts of quests in events. The build/sell method, along with the relatively high Happiness, enables you to increase your Happiness very easily using only one 2x2 space in your city with both the Face of the Ancient and Gate of the Sun God. No need to build 100 decorations or wait hours for a cultural building to complete.

Opened a new world in December and rushed to get every GB I love. Then they all sat at level 3 forever lol. Trying to level them all up to at least 10 before getting any new GBs. I’m just so addicted to getting new ones

OutlawDon

I agree. This is one of the many personal choices to make in the game.

My cities were 2 years old before I ever built ToR and the only reason I did so was the introduction of the AD. Having done the math, I didn't feel ToR was worth the space or FPs to level despite the fact that I finished GE IV weekly.

What it came down to was a limited supply of FPs to invest and putting them where I would get the most return for that investment. I much preferred to invest in GBs that were a sure bet, absolutely giving me something I needed every day. ToR is what I call a gambling GB. You invest in it hoping to maybe get something of value, while mostly getting crap. At least now we can sell the crap we get from ToR for items of value.

For that reason, ToR has been a great GB to own, but prior to the AD, I just couldn't justify the space or the FPs for something that mostly produced junk that would sit unused, in my inventory. Now, the more junk better. The occasional goods, rogues, and FPs are nice too, but I built it for more junk to sell in the AD.
I like ToR because it can give you a nice surprise in a Guild Expedition. Guild Expeditions can be a bit harrowing if you feel you are spending a lot of diamonds for not much.

RazorbackPirate

I like ToR because it can give you a nice surprise in a Guild Expedition. Guild Expeditions can be a bit harrowing if you feel you are spending a lot of diamonds for not much.
I've never spent diamonds in GE and complete GE IV weekly. As a result, GE has been a diamond mine for me. Currently sitting on 7,600+ diamonds, all free.

OutlawDon

I've never spent diamonds in GE and complete GE IV weekly. As a result, GE has been a diamond mine for me. Currently sitting on 7,600+ diamonds, all free.
I must not be playing in the right way. I am spending diamonds in the negotiations. If I was fighting, I think I would spend more diamonds repairing my military guys.

RazorbackPirate

I must not be playing in the right way. I am spending diamonds in the negotiations. If I was fighting, I think I would spend more diamonds repairing my military guys.
I do neither. I buy the extra turn boost from the tavern when I negotiate. If I can;t solve it within the 4 tries allotted, I abort and try again. As far as troops, I manually fight since the AI is stupid, and I have enough GB boosts that my units get sent to the hospital, not the morgue.

Algona

I fight 64. three cities, every week. There was even a pop song a few years back about it:

It's all about that boost, 'bout that boost, no trouble.

I think that's how the refrain went...