• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

There are Four Different Guild Expedition Kits, But are Any Worth Keeping?

I've accumulated several of each but I don't really see much of a point in placing them, for they don't give much of a boost compared to other options. The only I've even really bother with are the ritual flames since they were small in size but even then I'm not sure if there are better options.

xivarmy

They're mostly of value in a new city where you have a lot of city space to use up and a relative lack of good event buildings yet to use all that space up. They're better than nothing, but that's about the best that can be said for them now.

Dominator - X

I've accumulated several of each but I don't really see much of a point in placing them, for they don't give much of a boost compared to other options. The only I've even really bother with are the ritual flames since they were small in size but even then I'm not sure if there are better options.
They are great AD fodder. And don't worry about selling them. If INNO decides to boost them they will just put them back in your inventory... I think.

jaymoney23456

They are great AD fodder. And don't worry about selling them. If INNO decides to boost them they will just put them back in your inventory... I think.
I don't know. GE kits are so easy to get they keep piling up for most players. Would be easy for anyone to simply get more of them unlike the situation with the cultural settlement buildings.

Flavius Belisarius

The Guild Expedition Kits benefit "lower age cities" and are great AD sale items for "higher age cities".
One can only hope that once the flurry of all the recent major changes (demise of GvG, installment of QI-with its' pressure to redesign/expand cities, introduction of Polynesia, and substantial increases in Settlement Buildings) INNO will introduce GEV Expedition Kits that benefit "Future and Space Age Cities. Maybe add a QI only Decoration or Culture Building.

Just An Observer

Keep GE kit 2 around as it produces a fine 2x1 that delivers 12 D for Blue. It is a very efficient building for the footprint.

Last edited:

Ironrooster

They all are useful in new cities for a while.

But even the ritual flames become obsolete. The boost per tile is nice, but they only provide that one benefit. Over time the event buildings and cultural settlements provide enough boosts for GE5 plus other benefits. I still have 12 level 2 flames, but they will be replaced as better buildings come along.

Just An Observer

They all are useful in new cities for a while.

But even the ritual flames become obsolete. The boost per tile is nice, but they only provide that one benefit. Over time the event buildings and cultural settlements provide enough boosts for GE5 plus other benefits. I still have 12 level 2 flames, but they will be replaced as better buildings come along.
When Blue GBG and GE10 come out, you'll love 'em!

Pericles the Lion

Not true, many better things for blue defense than ritual flames at this point and who is to say which boost higher levels of GE will need.
Check again. Here's a short list of buildings that are better (i.e. more efficient) than an L2 Ritual Flame for blue defense:

1) Tourney Grounds (difficult to sustain w/o lots of GBG battles)
2) Tower of Champions (only available to top Diamond Guilds)
3) Royal Tower of Champions (only available to top Diamond Guilds)
4) Hydra (difficult to build for all but SAT players)
5) Royal Bathhouse
6) Pegasus (difficult to build for all but SAT players)
7) Observatory
8) Forgotten Temple (only available to players that complete GE80)

I may have missed something but there are not many things that are better than Ritual Flames.

jaymoney23456

Check again. Here's a short list of buildings that are better (i.e. more efficient) than an L2 Ritual Flame for blue defense:

5) Royal Bathhouse
7) Observatory

I may have missed something but there are not many things that are better than Ritual Flames.
well I was more thinking of combined blue stats-lv 2 alligator swamp is better for just blue defense-also the max level mughal temple would be better -lv 1 alligator swamp would be even

Just An Observer

5) Royal Bathhouse
7) Observatory

6 of 8 of those are already in my city. Towers would be useless to me as they have no Blue D. Given the frag generation rate for the Temple and Tourney Grounds, then add in the rest just are one of a kind buildings, the Ritual Flame Level 2 is a keeper for filling in those small spots we would also use for things like Sentinels and such.

Last edited: