• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Time Travel

Alpha Persei

if i could go back in timee....i would stop eve from eating that fruit and see what prehistoric life was like

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

there is theory that dinosaurs could be the off springs of the fallen angels .
Maybe, but you don't really need that. You just need long life spans.

If you think about it, Greek and Roman Mythology is a loose retelling of what happened in the antediluvian world, when "when the sons of God [the fallen angels] came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore [children] to them." - Gen 6:4

Mythology is all about the gods mating with human women to produce the demigods and other mythical creatures. The flood was needed to kill all the half breed creatures, leaving one genetically pure human family to repopulate the Earth.

That's why the Bible has the genealogies. So we can trace a pure human bloodline all the way from Adam and Eve to Christ.

Alpha Persei

let's forget about this debate or topic as a whole and pretend this never happened...

if i could time travel , i'll love to find out what the Stonehenge was really for ^ ^

Nicholas002

let's forget about this debate or topic as a whole and pretend this never happened...
I agree. we will never get anywhere with that debate. when it comes to religion, everyone just has to decide for themselves.
No one will be convinced one way or the other by someone on the internet they have never even met.
if i could time travel , i'll love to find out what the Stonehenge was really for ^ ^
some kind of pagan celebrations? There's still a lot of druids and stuff that go there.

Alpha Persei

I agree. we will never get anywhere with that debate. when it comes to religion, everyone just has to decide for themselves.
No one will be convinced one way or the other by someone on the internet they have never even met.

very agreeable

some kind of pagan celebrations? There's still a lot of druids and stuff that go there.

a wild theory is that it may have been used for human sacrifice ,but no one is still too sure ^ ^

Alpha Persei

i know right , even though human sacrifice is quite .... dark ,it's still interesting ^ ^

makes me wonder what other crazier stuff people believed in or were willing to do ...

Edit: anyway if not to go back and see how wacky. sad or dark people can be then i'll go back and viste some concerts from famous people ^ ^

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Not really, no.
History books are written by historians that do, like, actual research to sort out fact from fiction, as best they can. Of course, even historians fail, and they are always biased by the culture they live in.

The authors of the Bible were not historians. They just wrote down folklore they heard from their Gramma. Is that not obvious to everyone?
You've obviously never actually read the book yourself.

The authors did not write down stuff they "heard from Grandma," they wrote down the things that were happening to them and around them at the time. The Book of Daniel? Written by Daniel during the time he lived, documenting the things that happened to him, at the time they happened. The same is true of all the major and minor prophets. Books they either wrote themselves about the events they lived, or written by those who walked with them at the time they lived. All autobiographies, or first person biographies.

Mathew, Mark, Luke and John? Written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John about the actual events they experienced, first hand, while they walked with Jesus. The book of Acts? Written by Luke (a physician) while he traveled with Paul converting believers throughout the Eastern Mediterranean. The books of Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Thessalonians? All letters Paul wrote while he was in prison in Rome to the believers he converted in Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, Philippi, Colossae, and Thessanolica. Real events written by real people, in real time.

Argue from ignorance if you must, but let's be clear, you're arguing from ignorance. Why not do some research yourself, instead of just blindly repeating something someone told you once?

Last edited:

Nicholas002

You've obviously never actually read the book yourself.

The authors did not write down stuff they "heard from Grandma," they wrote down the things that were happening to them, and around them at the time. The Book of Daniel? Written by Daniel during the time he lived, documenting the things that happened to him, at the time they happened. The same is true of all the major and minor prophets. Books they either wrote themselves about the events they lived, or written by those who walked with them at the time they lived. All autobiographies, or first person biographies.

Mathew, Mark, Luke and John? Written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John about the actual events they experienced, first hand, while they walked with Jesus. The book of Acts? Written by Luke (a physician) while he traveled with Paul converting believers throughout the Eastern Mediterranean. The books of Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Thessalonians? All letters Paul wrote while he was in prison in Rome to the believers he converted in Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, Philippi, Colossae, and Thessanolica. Real events written by real people, in real time.

Argue from ignorance if you must, but let's be clear, you're arguing from ignorance. Why not do some research yourself, instead of just blindly repeating something someone told you once?
^^ what he said

AwesomeAadi10

i know right , even though human sacrifice is quite .... dark ,it's still interesting ^ ^

makes me wonder what other crazier stuff people believed in or were willing to do ...

Edit: anyway if not to go back and see how wacky. sad or dark people can be then i'll go back and viste some concerts from famous people ^ ^
Have you seen the Aztec Empire? What they did is horrific to say the least. Among so many things, part of what they did is human sacrifice and then cannabalism as rituals.

Alpha Persei

Have you seen the Aztec Empire? What they did is horrific to say the least. Among so many things, part of what they did is human sacrifice and then cannabalism as rituals.
i read about those things like they 're bed time stories ^ ^
let's not forget the vikings, they were pretty brutal . i mean, have u heard of blood eagle