• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Toxic Taverns

lemur

I have never liked the tavern feature. .As I pointed out when it was first introduced two years ago, the main purpose of the tavern is to encourage game addiction — because it fills up in four hours or less. .One of its many annoyances is that it has the smallest mouse target in the game.

It also seems that the software for the tavern was poorly written, as it is a huge source of memory leakage. .I am so utterly sick of seeing my browser crash spectacularly when I either visit a tavern or try to open my own. .It often crashes so hard that it even logs me out of the game. .This occurs on both operating systems I have tried — one on a Mac and one on a PC. .Not that InnoGames gives a damn ...

DeletedUser30900

hey, i think your both your Mac and PC are made in Thailand.

Freshmeboy

Sorry you are still having problems Lemur but I won't agree with this at all...the boosts and benefits from tavern silver were a great addition to the game and for noobs gaining a few extra fps for visiting taverns is a boon. Frankly, the only time I have any issues with this game is when I have a poor signal..It's night and day, man..even aiding can cause a crash of freeze...

Graviton

.Not that InnoGames gives a damn ...

You've complained about everything in this game for the past two years at least, you've said Inno does nothing about any of it and yet you just keep playing. Meanwhile, there's not a single other player who has reported the crashing issues you have (on the forums at least), which seems to indicate the problem isn't with Inno Games. Unless you're dropping serious cash on the regular, there's no reason they would care.

DeletedUser34800

Try playing on your mobile phone. It's obvious that your Mac/PC is utter garbage, so you might as well try. You'll probably have a better experience on even a cheap smart phone of today than whatever terrible hardware from the 1980's you're using currently.

Honestly. Try a smartphone. Seriously. Also, stop complaining about Inno, it's a you problem, not a them problem.

Whatever. I don't really care too much. I'm sure you'll have some troll like response to my legit idea.

DeletedUser28371

I have never liked the tavern feature. .As I pointed out when it was first introduced two years ago, the main purpose of the tavern is to encourage game addiction — because it fills up in four hours or less. .One of its many annoyances is that it has the smallest mouse target in the game.

It also seems that the software for the tavern was poorly written, as it is a huge source of memory leakage. .I am so utterly sick of seeing my browser crash spectacularly when I either visit a tavern or try to open my own. .It often crashes so hard that it even logs me out of the game. .This occurs on both operating systems I have tried — one on a Mac and one on a PC. .Not that InnoGames gives a damn ...
You are using a overloaded browser when means you ar using a old computer. I know because I do too. This is why I actually play on a tablet. I have no problem with the tavern. I do miss the playhouse that give me free stuff and paid for my infltartions. I want that back,

DeletedUser36624

What version of MacOS or OSX are you on? Using Safari or other browser? Which version?

Emberguard

Ironically it not working does solve your worries about whether or not the tavern becomes a addiction

Both my computers can handle the tavern just fine. So it's possible it's just the specs of your computer without knowing more details

DeletedUser

What version of MacOS or OSX are you on? Using Safari or other browser? Which version?
Ironically it not working does solve your worries about whether or not the tavern becomes a addiction

Both my computers can handle the tavern just fine. So it's possible it's just the specs of your computer without knowing more details

Since you just recently joined the Forum, you can't know that he comes on here every couple of months to rag about Inno and how badly the game screws with his system and that Inno doesn't care, yada, yada, yada. He usually responds very negatively to any suggestion that his system is at fault, or any notion that the "problem" he is having isn't mentioned by anyone else. We all have started out trying to be helpful to him, but he doesn't want help, he wants to rant.

DeletedUser36624

Since you just recently joined the Forum, you can't know that he comes on here every couple of months to rag about Inno and how badly the game screws with his system and that Inno doesn't care, yada, yada, yada. He usually responds very negatively to any suggestion that his system is at fault, or any notion that the "problem" he is having isn't mentioned by anyone else. We all have started out trying to be helpful to him, but he doesn't want help, he wants to rant.
Oh man. Sounds like my dad. "Why doesn't this game work on my Pentium PC running Windows 95?"

lemur

the boosts and benefits from tavern silver were a great addition to the game ...

We certainly disagree about that. .My view is that the benefits are severely overshadowed by the relentless hassle of babysitting the tavern. .And if you don't babysit, then you acquire much less tavern silver.

... and for noobs gaining a few extra fps for visiting taverns is a boon.

I suspect that you're overestimating that "boon" — because new players have fewer friends, and those friends have fewer open tavern seats and tablecloths at lower levels — often much lower levels. .So these newer players acquire 1 or 2 FP per day from taverns. .That's all.

Frankly, the only time I have any issues with this game is when I have a poor signal.

A poor signal is not my problem. .Furthermore, the computer I use is also not the problem. .I know this because I have continual problems on ParkDog and no problems on other worlds. .Same computer, same connection, same Town Hall, same playing style. .The attack dogs on this forum would have us believe that any problems must be the fault of the user.

InnoGames at fault? .Perish the thought !!! . :rolleyes:

DeletedUser30900

We certainly disagree about that. .My view is that the benefits are severely overshadowed by the relentless hassle of babysitting the tavern. .And if you don't babysit, then you acquire much less tavern silver.

I suspect that you're overestimating that "boon" — because new players have fewer friends, and those friends have fewer open tavern seats and tablecloths at lower levels — often much lower levels. .So these newer players acquire 1 or 2 FP per day from taverns. .That's all.

A poor signal is not my problem. .Furthermore, the computer I use is also not the problem. .I know this because I have continual problems on ParkDog and no problems on other worlds. .Same computer, same connection, same Town Hall, same playing style. .The attack dogs on this forum would have us believe that any problems must be the fault of the user.

i keep telling you the programmer just decide to screw you game up for personal reasons. why don't you accept that?:p

Volodya

Furthermore, the computer I use is also not the problem. .I know this because I have continual problems on ParkDog and no problems on other worlds. .Same computer, same connection, same Town Hall, same playing style. .The attack dogs on this forum would have us believe that any problems must be the fault of the user.

I'll bet you $100 real money that if you bite the bullet and upgrade to a modern computer your issues will disappear. Yes, even on ParkDog.

Graviton

The attack dogs on this forum would have us believe that any problems must be the fault of the user.

I can't speak for the "attack dogs", whatever that means, but as someone who troubleshoots IT problems for a living I can tell you that the evidence points to a problem on your end, but you do you.

Algona

My experimental city on Rugnir. Having an annoying problem, I was having to scroll to the bottom of the Questgiver window whenever I got the UBQ. Didn't have to scroll on MK. Annoying no end.

Obvobvfobv INNO's fault,

Finally figured it out. I had used the browser zoom for some tight remodeling on Rugnir and had backed zoom out to 110% instead of 100%.

"ebkac?" "Never!" "What, never?" "Hargly ever!"

lemur

... as someone who troubleshoots IT problems for a living I can tell you that the evidence points to a problem on your end.

Declaring a conclusion without any reasoning does not constitute a sound argument — regardless of what you do "for a living". .How could my computer be at fault if I have multiple and persistent problems on one world while having no problems on other worlds?