• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Treasure Hunt

• Thread starter DeletedUser2145
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2145

TH.jpg

The Treasure Hunt is a completely new feature, accessed via the quest icon on the left of your city screen.

It can pretty much be summed up with:
  • Only active after Cultivation is researched
  • Each step of the hunt gives a reward after a certain time (ex. the first treasure is collected after 5 minutes)
  • When the reward is collected in time the treasure hunt goes on (ex. if you collect the 5 minute one before its "expiration time" you continue to the 15 minute treasure)
  • When the reward is not collected in time the treasure hunt starts again from the beginning (if you do not collect the 5 minute one before its "expiration time" you'll start from the 5 minute one again)

The various chests hold different prizes and the prizes increase as you go through the chests. The final destination is the 8 hour treasure, after which the treasure hunt restarts --- you go back to the 5 minute one. This will be a permanent feature so you can work on the treasures when you have the time for it, you don't have to feel pressured that you'll miss out on an "event", since it is not an event.

Example image of "expiration time" for the 15 minute treasure (the 15 minutes have passed so now there is 1 hour to collect the treasure):
cdJdRRJ.png

NOTE: We have already found the 15 minute treasure, so even if the expiration time passes we can still collect this treasure. However, if the expiration time has passed we will not be able to move on to the 1 hour treasure, we'll go back to the starting 5 minute treasure.

Example image of "hunting" for the 1 hour treasure (just collected the 15 minute treasure from the above image so now we're going after the next one):
wUL472y.png

Once this hour passes, we can collect this treasure. But it will also come with an expiration time and if do not collect before that time passes, we won't be able to move on to the 4 hour treasure, we'll go back to the 5 minute treasure.

NOTE: The treasure hunt is not yet available on the iPhone/iPad apps.

GOODS PACKAGES:
Bronze Age to Progressive Era:
4h Chest - 5 of each goods type
8h Chest - 10 of each goods type

Modern to Tomorrow Era:
4h Chest - 3 of each goods type
8h Chest - 5 of each goods type

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11463

Started doing this and it is an awesome new feature from Inno. Thanks! It will add another fun thing to the game, and the prizes shown are pretty cool too.

DeletedUser1862

sometimes I can't access the game for most of the day, does that mean that every morning I have to restart collecting the 5-minute, and then the 15 minute if I can get to it, and then leave?
The internet I use doesn't always let me access the site, so this does little to nothing because I can only seem to get coins and supplies, I can never count on being able to get on when the longer 'hunts' are available..

DeletedUser

You have to collect them before they expire. You will be forced to restart from the beginning (5 min) every time you let one expire.

DeletedUser11215

I am totally confused by this feature. Is there a particular building in my city I must click before the timer runs out? Do I have to perform a collection on a supply building bufore the timer runs out? Do I have to have no buildings requiring collection before the timer runs out? What?

Even after I did 5 minute productions on all of my supply buildings and cleared them before the 15 minute timer finished, it still proceeded to count down. I assumed that I had not cleared the quest, but then the 15 minutes elapsed and it said to click to proceed and started the 1 hour quest. So I did something right, but the dang thing didn't tell me I had. So even if I find the treasure before the captain I don't know it? WAH? Can someone please explain what needs to be done before the timer runs out, in simple terms.

I just re-read this post. Does it have nothing to do with collecting things on the city map? Is it just open the quest window and click on the proceed before the timer runs out? If it is, then I just wasted a bunch of my limited bonus supply on stupid 5 minute productions for nothing.

DeletedUser2145

The feature has nothing to do with the rest of your city/game, it's standalone. It completes the 5 minute prize, you collect it in time before it "expires" and you move on to the 15 minute prize. Again, you collect that in time before it "expires" and you move on to the 1 hour prize. Etc. If at any point you fail to collect before the prize "expires", or if you collect the final 8 hour prize, the whole thing restarts from the 5 minute prize. That's all.

DeletedUser11215

The feature has nothing to do with the rest of your city/game, it's standalone. It completes the 5 minute prize, you collect it in time before it "expires" and you move on to the 15 minute prize. Again, you collect that in time before it "expires" and you move on to the 1 hour prize. Etc. If at any point you fail to collect before the prize "expires", or if you collect the final 8 hour prize, the whole thing restarts from the 5 minute prize. That's all.

OK, so why doesn't it say so? Grrrr! If I am following this properly, it starts with a 1 hour timer. You have 1 hour to click "Collect & Sail" before the entire quest resets. Once you click it once you get the prize and it activates that chests countdown to let you know how long it is till the next "Click & Sail" appears. For the first chest it is 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes it then puts a "Collect & Sail" onto the 15 minute chest with another 1 hour countdown to click. If you don't click within the hour it resets, if you do then you get the prize and the 15 minute counter starts. After 15 minutes it goes on to the 1 hour ,and so on. Is that about right?

DeletedUser8152

Actually, it starts with the 5 minute chest, I'm pretty sure. But that starts automatically, so you don't really see anything until it finishes. But otherwise that sounds about right.

DeletedUser2145

It starts with the 5 minute chest, once the 5 minutes are over you have 1 hour to collect this in order to continue to the 15 minute chest. If you don't collect in that 1 hour the thing restarts and you're redoing the 5 minute chest again. If you did collect on time, once the 15 minute countdown is over you get 1 hour to collect it and move on to the 1 hour chest. Again, if you don't collect, back to the first chest. If you did collect you move on to the 1 hour chest, once that 1 hour is over you get a certain expiration countdown (I don't remember on top of my head what it was).

While it doesn't say anywhere that this is not related to your city productions, it also doesn't state anywhere that it is.

DeletedUser14140

Hey guys just wondering when you are waiting on an 8 hr. thing on the time to sail does it give you 8 hrs. to collect and sail again?

DeletedUser8152

Anyone know how many goods you get in a goods package? I won one, but it didn't say and I can't easily tell.

DeletedUser

Anyone know how many goods you get in a goods package? I won one, but it didn't say and I can't easily tell.

"The goods you receive from the treasure chest will be an amount of each good from our age. The amount varies according to the age you are in and whether it is the 4 hour or 8 hour reward."
-- Amy Steele

DeletedUser2145

Hey guys just wondering when you are waiting on an 8 hr. thing on the time to sail does it give you 8 hrs. to collect and sail again?
You need 8 hours to "reach" that chest so that you can collect. There's no timer after that since it goes back to 5 min anyway.

DeletedUser8152

You need 8 hours to "reach" that chest so that you can collect. There's no timer after that since it goes back to 5 min anyway.
But after the 8 hour timer finishes, you need to collect the chest, no? And if you don't collect in time, you lose the prize I think.

DeletedUser2145

No, you don't lose any of the chests if you start the 'hunt' for them. All you can lose is the opportunity to go after the next chest. So if you collect the second 4 hour chest, the timer for the 8 hour chest starts and you're safe --- you can come back in 10 days and you'd find the "collect and restart" button on the 8 hour chest.

Basically the "expire" timer is there for your opportunity to go after the next chest. You never lose a chest prize if you reach its hunt/search timer.

DeletedUser11323

Why can't I hunt the treasure on IoS? It's impossible to hunt if this feature works only on PCs...

DeletedUser3392

this is a great feature. glad you came up with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.