• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

tribal squares

DeletedUser26120

Anybody use them? I just placed my first 3 in city. 21 of each current age good per week for slightly larger than a modern goods building? Good deal imo! At least in theory, I'll see how it works out in practice.

I think it'll go well with zen zone and queen, which comes out to 35 of each weekly. On top of the zen zones and queens I plunder it's adding up man! :D

Not to mention the population you get from tribal squares. Which means even more goods buildings. Solid.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25166

I have always been a fan of multi use buildings. Strike team barracks-troops and 4% attack, tribal square, I even liked caravansary because of 3 outputs.
I have 4 in city, simple goods, coins

DeletedUser28897

I'm up to 10 tribal squares and 6 oasis. Add that to my Kiosk, 2 Zen Zones, and lv 22 Dynamic and I produce 146 goods/day with 0 conventional goods buildings. I <3 Tribal Squares

DeletedUser15855

In earlier ages perhaps it's worth it. I'm in Oceanic Future and I can't bring myself to plant them. I've invested a lot of FP into my GBs so I have a TON of population. Enough that with 1 house I can support 5 goods buildings and 5 barracks. So, the pop savings from Tribal Squares isn't a benefit to me. The size is nice. BUT, if I put in 3 of them that's 36 squares to get 15 goods a day. 1 OF goods building is 30 squares and can easily give me 25 goods a day. So, they really aren't all that. True, they don't use up unrefined goods, but, my GBs put out plenty for my goods buildings to use. I'd say the real benefit would be if I were to plant my AF tribal squares, since it's getting harder and harder to get those goods at this point.

DeletedUser26120

Not sure how to factor in AF and OF goods as those can't even be used for gvg, can they?

DeletedUser5111

If I had the space (or was motivated 100%), I would use them. Saves me space on good producing buildings and generates coins for me.

DeletedUser26120

Now have 8 running. Combined with my oasis, zen zone, and queen I'm pumping out 77 same age goods per week. That's about a third of GE4 paid for so that's great! If I get a few more then I could cover GE4 costs completely, at least for same age goods.

Previous age goods are easy enough to plunder.

DeletedUser

The deciding factor for me in preferring Tribal Square and other special buildings that provide goods, over actual goods buildings, is that they provide all 5 of the goods from that particular age. No need to find a way to even out your inventory. In fact, when I'm camping in an era, and I have buildings like Bazaar and Terrace Farm, I will frequently run the 8 hour cycle to get goods built up for that age. On S world, I have 10 Bazaars and 1 Terrace Farm split evenly between 3 ages, so if I run the 8 hour cycle just twice a day, I get 8 of each good from 3 different ages every day. (Terrace Farm gives 10 goods per 8 hour cycle, so it counts as 2 Bazaars.)

qaccy

If you math it out, the 5 goods per day from these 'residential' buildings is actually more space-efficient than a setup to utilize a 'normal' goods building in the later ages of the game. That is to say, an Oasis is worth more goods per square than an Arctic Future goods building, once you factor in the population needed for the AF building as well, plus the two-lane road instead of a normal road, AND the fact that you may need unrefined goods buildings as well depending on your situation. Pre-modern I'm not too sure they're worth building because you can just collect from GBs and normal building footprints are far smaller, but they may be the best way to produce goods once you're at or beyond the point of producing refined goods.

Icing on the cake is being free to produce, unplunderable, and also providing a small amount of population and coins per day. You do need the aid but that shouldn't be a problem for most people.

DeletedUser29295

I love my Tribal Squares: I have 11 of them. I had to place some in storage for now because I have been adding several large GB's (Arc and Habitat, and almost ready for the AO and Voyager). I figure I will pull them out after I get to PME (only in HMA right now). Between the gold, goods and population boosts for each age, it is very valueable.

I also have 5 Terrace Farms, but I only use those for FP's right now. Once my FP GB's are producing better, I will swap 1/2 for FP's and the rest for goods. But in my city I have no goods buildings, and the only tool buildings I have right now are for quests. I have no barracks either: only my Traz.

DeletedUser26154

I have 7 Tribal Squares.

a55f4279bdd2dc3dd9138a569adcb17d.png

Very good for what they are, but they don't go with my play style.

DeletedUser27505

I only have 3 at the moment but I hope to earn more soon.
I like em! ;)

DeletedUser11463

I think they are great. I like the variety they pay out and as mentioned earlier, they off set for the goods building you don't have or are not boosted. Once you get a bunch of friends, getting them motivated is not a problem. Also, they can be leveled to a current level while waiting to get the techs done for the current goods buildings. Once your GB's are producing the unfinished goods in quantity, you can level up that age's building either one level up or to current age.

Mustapha00

I'm dabbling with them in a couple of worlds but have not done so long enough to form an opinion.

If they automatically aged-up when you advanced, I think I'd like them more...but, on the other hand, it's not like they are particularly difficult to acquire so, when you enter a new Age, just trash the ones you have and get new ones. Renovation Kits are too scarce to use on them, though.

Also, I'd love to see them produce one of each Good when not Motivated and 2 (or more, if I'm going to be greedy) if they are Motivated. Frankly, I find the Bazaar to be more useful to me- right now, FPs beat Goods- but Bazaars aren't as easy to get.

DeletedUser26154

I have a Heavy Production City.
I go for the most efficient buildings.
The Hybrid House-Goods are nice and un-plunderable.
Kind of like one of these, but without the medals.

0824acfa8f1e1a8deb54683e146b1f21.png

I don't use Hybrid Houses.
I use the biggest 24-hour Residentials.

download (6).jpg

And Proper Goods Buildings.