• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

tribal squares

DeletedUser26154

The buildings that add population and goods are inefficient when you do by pure math numbers.
But they fit anywhere easily and provide a small, but reliable amount of goods every day.

I have a Heavy Production City.

praxis 6 9 2017.png

Yellow Arrows can be plundered at any time, between finish time and collection time.
White Arrows can be plundered if not motivated, between finish time and collection time.
Experienced Plunderer Eyes spot these targets with ease, then lick their lips in anticipation.

I can be plundered.

Tribal Squares produce goods that are immune to plunder.
So the goods are safe, but produced in smaller "full-spread" amounts.

DeletedUser26154

My Tribal Square Collection is growing.

tribal squares.png

Add Arctic Future to the mix.

DeletedUser26120

I just got another from a chest in GE4, was that or a culture building. Sure glad I didn't win my 8th public pool!

End reward is still 50% chance for store building though. RIP. I know I'll get it instead of the skywatch. Already resigned myself to the fact.

DeletedUser26120

Just saw someone with 14 tribal squares in their city! PME player in my hood.

She also has 3 Oases and at least 3 zen zones. Mad goods lol.

DeletedUser26120

Added my 9th square just now, after getting rid of hedge maze.

DeletedUser29295

Right now I have all 15 of my Tribals in storage: they will stay there until I get to Modern: then I will rearrainge my city and take them out and upgrade them. I love my Hedge Maze: seems at least once a day it is giving me 2 FP.

DeletedUser26120

I won 2 more this week in GE :) Itching for the space to lay them down. I did the math, 3 more (including this 2) and I will be at 105 goods per week.

One thing nobody's mentioned is that on top of the goods and coins (51,000+ per go!) there's also the bit of population it gives. I did the math, I am getting well over 3,700 from the 9 squares I have. I have 18 pop remaining so that's one and half residentals I don't need to build. Altogether a 4x4 + 4x2 space saved.

DeletedUser

On Sinerania, I have 16,227 excess population without one regular residential building. And over 5000 excess Happiness (past Enthusiastic) with no regular Cultural buildings, and no regular decorations. LOL
Regular = Non-Premium.

DeletedUser27849

I like the idea, as I continue to learn new strategies to the game. For me I think the biggest issue with it is not getting enough upgrades/reno kits to keep them leveled up to your current age. Not seeing how to carry around 15-20 of them to keep it up to date. I assume if you don't level up until you have enough or just swap out the event buildings with new ones as they come out to stay up to date.

DeletedUser

I like the idea, as I continue to learn new strategies to the game. For me I think the biggest issue with it is not getting enough upgrades/reno kits to keep them leveled up to your current age. Not seeing how to carry around 15-20 of them to keep it up to date. I assume if you don't level up until you have enough or just swap out the event buildings with new ones as they come out to stay up to date.
Well, if you take the game slow and linger in each age, you can replenish your supply of buildings like the Tribal Square from GE rather than worry about upgrading with a Reno/One-Up Kit. Also, my Bazaars are at 3 different eras, so I get a variety of goods from them, which helps with GE and Continent Map negotiations, as well as unlocking techs. The same strategy would also work with Tribal Squares. And things like the SoK, where the main thing is the FPs, can stay at a lower age, if necessary. Since the number of aiding targets in my city is relatively low, they still get motivated.

Mustapha00

Stephen hit upon something that cannot be emphasized enough:

"Well, if you take the game slow and linger in each age, you can replenish your supply of buildings like the Tribal Square from GE rather than worry about upgrading with a Reno/One-Up Kit."

If there is a reasonable chance- and "reasonable" depends upon the player- that you can replace an outdated building via something like the GE, then that type of building moves up a bit in terms of desirability because you won't have to expend a Renovation Kit- and we all know how tough those are to come by- to keep it current. I can honestly say that had not occurred to me until he mentioned it.

DeletedUser

Stephen hit upon something that cannot be emphasized enough:

"Well, if you take the game slow and linger in each age, you can replenish your supply of buildings like the Tribal Square from GE rather than worry about upgrading with a Reno/One-Up Kit."

If there is a reasonable chance- and "reasonable" depends upon the player- that you can replace an outdated building via something like the GE, then that type of building moves up a bit in terms of desirability because you won't have to expend a Renovation Kit- and we all know how tough those are to come by- to keep it current. I can honestly say that had not occurred to me until he mentioned it.
See, this is what I really like about the Forum. Finding out from each other about things we hadn't thought about or noticed. I have learned a ton of stuff since I really started coming here regularly. And it is nice when I mention something that someone else learns from. That, my friends, is how a community (online or not) is supposed to work. :)

DeletedUser27849

I like the idea and currently running numbers to see what works. I also see using this type of play then you don't necessarily have to rush through the tech tree to get things unlocked, you are able to take your time and get through it at your own pace. However there is a couple things I do see where it could cause trouble, depending on the ERA that you are in.

1. If you are at an ERA where players may want to get the goods for certain Great Buildings, as they want to pay you forge points to get some goods. Not sure if would be enough to sustain it. Progressive, Contemporary, and Future are the 3 that have the biggest desire due to the Traz, Inno and Arc.
2. If you are involved in GVG and need to get through the tech fast enough to get the military unit barracks that is needed.

I am currently playing around the idea in the city planner to see how I can make it work for what I have. I am thinking of trying it out in one of my cities. I usually sit in a ERA for about 4 months, but I am think if I take this route I might sit for a little longer and try it out.

DeletedUser

1. If you are at an ERA where players may want to get the goods for certain Great Buildings, as they want to pay you forge points to get some goods. Not sure if would be enough to sustain it. Progressive, Contemporary, and Future are the 3 that have the biggest desire due to the Traz, Inno and Arc.
While it is nice to help guildmates/ friends out when you can, to me that is a secondary concern. My city in Contemporary doesn't provide enough CE goods to do this, but my GBs provide enough Progressive goods to occasionally supply someone.
2. If you are involved in GVG and need to get through the tech fast enough to get the military unit barracks that is needed.
I generally don't do GvG.

DeletedUser27849

While it is nice to help guildmates/ friends out when you can, to me that is a secondary concern. My city in Contemporary doesn't provide enough CE goods to do this, but my GBs provide enough Progressive goods to occasionally supply someone.

1. So that is the one thing that bothers me about trying this out, even tho I am in LMA at the moment it might not be that big of an issue for me. But has I move forward then it might become and issue, I know for me to get the Inno, Traz, and Arc higher level players benefit from me in paying them forge points to get the goods at such a lower cost in the trade.

I generally don't do GvG.

2. That is 2nd problem for me then as I am very active in GVG in both cities. So helping with the Treasury is very important, even tho I have the OBS and ARC we still donate weekly to maintain the Treasury.

DeletedUser29295

I am activein GE (to level 4 every week), GvG (when I am available) and hood taxing.One thing I have learned since I have been learning about trading is to have several friends in the eras you may need goods from. Working the trades up/down helps so much: between trades and my hood (where I get the goods from my age, 1 age up and 1 age down) I usually have enough goods to get what I need. But taking your time is the most important thing: and usually what I tell people who send me cry mail about taxing them.

DeletedUser26120

Mine are locked to PME which I will need plenty of for tech tree in CE, TE, and even FE.

Once you are up past ME having your squares age locked isn't as much of a problem.