• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

tribal squares

OutlawDon

Well, I'm in CE, which you will find is a different animal than PE. I currently have 12 Tribal Squares producing 60 non-plunderable goods per day. They take up 144 tiles. Of the 3 CE goods that I am boosted in, the smallest building is 6x4, or 24 tiles. So I could fit 6 in the space that I have the Tribal Squares. Oh, but wait, they require 2 lane roads, so maybe only 4. So that's somewhere between 80-120 plunderable goods. There's more. With the Tribal Squares, I have 12 of each good per day. No fussing with finding trades to even out the inventory. If I want to get all 3 of the goods I've got boosts for, production would fall to about the same level as the Tribal Squares due to building size. And I still have to trade to get the other 2 goods. And they're susceptible to plundering. And the Tribal Squares help enable me to fufill 4 recurring coin quests per day, which has the potential for even more goods, which are enhanced by my Chateau Frontenac. So in my case it is hands down better to use the Tribal Squares instead of regular CE goods buildings. By the way, I didn't even get into the need for unrefined goods, which you haven't run into yet. That starts in Modern Era. So, if you don't have the goods GBs to produce the unrefined goods, guess what? You have to build lower era goods buildings (assuming you have the right boosts and don't have to trade for them) just to produce your current era goods.
Probably a dumb question, but where are you getting all your Tribal Squares? I only have one. Are they from Guild Expeditions?

OutlawDon

While the Story quest line will always show you the next action, it's up to you when to do it. There's nothing pushing you to do it, other than you. They're not going anywhere. I've not touched the Story line in months and won't touch it until I'm ready to age up. Then, as is typical for me, I'll rushj through the tech tree and Story quests until I get to the end of the age, then sit again until I'm ready to move on again.
I'm still learning how to play better. I suppose the reward was pushing me, and when I think about it, the Story Quest reward is not that important to have. Your tips are very helpful.

Jern2017

Probably a dumb question, but where are you getting all your Tribal Squares? I only have one. Are they from Guild Expeditions?

Yes. You can get them in certain chests after successfully completing an encounter or from the gold Relic if you have the Temple of Relics.

DevaCat

I agree with RP, while the Story can try to tug you along, sometimes it's best to resist and move to the beat of your own drummer. For me, I have certain GBs I want to build and get some levels on before moving on. I want to get myself to a place where I'm in the top 5 of the neighborhood or better before moving on. I want to have banked FPs and goods aplenty so I can race tech to quickly arrive at where I want to be when I decide to move up. All that I can control, rather than the game prodding me. And then, there are times when I can no longer stand to be in an age a minute longer, and that determines when I move up. It's all good. :)

For me, the Tribal Squares are kind of big for what they produce. Event buildings are more attractive to me. But I will be hanging on to any I get. I'm in no hurry, the A D will always be there, and there may be uses for them in the future of which I am ignorant now.

The Lady Redneck

I also agree with RP. I never allow a story quest to dictate my pace in the game. I always stay in each Era until I have every aspect of the game to where I want it to be before I move on. Even then, if I am enjoying being in that Era I may even stay well beyond that point, This is a game that has no end, therefor why rush to get to a point that does not exist.

As for Tribal Squares. they can be a very useful addition to your city. but like everything else, when another building comes along that serves your city better you replace them.

Last edited:

WinnerGR

I also agree with RP. I never allow a story quest to dictate my pace in the game. I always stay in each Era until I have every aspect of the game to where I want it to be before I move on. Even then, if I am enjoying being in that Era I may even stay well beyond that point, This is a game that has no end, therefor why rush to get to a point that does not exist.

As for Tribal Squares. they can be a very useful addition to your city. but like everything else, when another building comes along that serves your city better you replace them.
I started this game with the intent to get the SAM ( at the time the lates age ) but hearing people on the forum changed my mind a few months a go and when I changed my mind I started getting in the top 20 of hoods ( this week I am at the bottom because I rushed a few techs ) and getting more GBs and friend requests .
I advice that you do to what @Sheherazade said here.

On another note

2 weeks ago I got my first TS and I have so far been finding it very useful as I have lodes of spare space but I think that once my ToB is at level 4 I will replace it with a goods building as it produces a hell of a lot of unnecessary coins.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31499

How the game has changed since 2017. Between event buildings, the Settlement buildings, recurring quests while aiding at 1.9 I got rid of my goods buildings when my arc hit 80. I’ve sold all my tribal squares at the antique dealer that I’ve kept in inventory since I started playing. I see them as very limited and not a good use of space.

qaccy

How the game has changed since 2017. Between event buildings, the Settlement buildings, recurring quests while aiding at 1.9 I got rid of my goods buildings when my arc hit 80. I’ve sold all my tribal squares at the antique dealer that I’ve kept in inventory since I started playing. I see them as very limited and not a good use of space.

GE buildings are generally all like that. Entry-level buildings that give players a taste of what event prizes are like. Events aren't available year-round unlike GE, so these buildings are a good starting point while players work to win better buildings from events.

Face of the Ancient and Gate of the Sun God are just decorations.
Ritual Flame's two Watchfires fused together, which makes it slightly worse due to being harder to place.
Sacred Sky Watch is a bigger (worse) Shrine of Knowledge.
Tribal Square is just a rotated Oasis. Not necessarily worse, but it is worse than the Charming Cottage.
Fountain of Youth is a reskinned Wishing Well, but otherwise exactly the same.
Terrace Farm doesn't really have a true equivalent even after all this time, and remains the overall best GE prize to boot.

Of course, there've been numerous buildings added to the game since all these GE prizes were introduced that are way better than my comparisons, though most of them are thanks to having multiple levels/upgrades available. Lack of upgrades are a big part of why GE stuff has become even more obsolete over time.

All building prizes from GE are receiving level 2 upgrades though, which significantly improves them. Just makes them more 'modern' though, as most of them remain unappealing and/or worse than other stuff, again, from events.

Last edited: