• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trophies for First Part of a Multipart Battle in Expedition

• Thread starter DeletedUser36665
  • Start date

DeletedUser31440

HMA is peanuts.

You get way more points in VF and those count.

It'll still be less than 10%, if you get half expedition points for just clearing wave 1 how would that be better? The mechanic to farm guild levels through GE is there to a small extent now, but would be actually viable if you got 50%+ of the expedition points from.just the first of a two wave battle.

Agent327

It'll still be less than 10%, if you get half expedition points for just clearing wave 1 how would that be better? The mechanic to farm guild levels through GE is there to a small extent now, but would be actually viable if you got 50%+ of the expedition points from.just the first of a two wave battle.

You are getting things mixed up.

In the OP Vensa states he gets no trophies for the first part of a battle in GE. No idea what trophies are, but you do get expedition points for the first part, so that can not be what trophies means.

Next thing heybo starts talking about battle points, not expedition points. From there, the discussion goes further about giving battle points for defeating the first wave. Not expedition points. Your concern about farming guild levels holds no ground, cause they are not talking abouit expedition points. Giving battle points for defeating the first wave will not change the expedition points.

DeletedUser31440

You are getting things mixed up.

In the OP Vensa states he gets no trophies for the first part of a battle in GE. No idea what trophies are, but you do get expedition points for the first part, so that can not be what trophies means.

Next thing heybo starts talking about battle points, not expedition points. From there, the discussion goes further about giving battle points for defeating the first wave. Not expedition points. Your concern about farming guild levels holds no ground, cause they are not talking abouit expedition points. Giving battle points for defeating the first wave will not change the expedition points.

I read it as OP asking about expedition points, but unable to figure out the correct term, heybo brings in battle points as an example of why first waves don't count for points, and then that is extrapolated out to show why expedition points aren't given in full for first waves of a battle.

Agent327

I read it as OP asking about expedition points, but unable to figure out the correct term, heybo brings in battle points as an example of why first waves don't count for points, and then that is extrapolated out to show why expedition points aren't given in full for first waves of a battle.

How can he be asking about expedition points when you get them no matter what? Basically OP has no clue what he is talking about and you were put on the wrong foot.

DeletedUser31440

How can he be asking about expedition points when you get them no matter what? Basically OP has no clue what he is talking about and you were put on the wrong foot.

Not sure, but I fully agree that OP's confusion and lack of update/calrification posts make this a pretty useless thread.

DeletedUser3882

Yeah... No clue what trophies are either. Just saying two waves have been like this for a while to prevent the abuse that did occur. After they nipped that in the bud, I’ve always implied everything related to two waves would work much the same.

Battle, Guild, “trophies”, whatever else kinda points players come up with don’t compute on the first wave. If they do, call me surprised that there’s an avenue for abuse left open like I described when two waves first came about.

Agent327

Battle, Guild, “trophies”, whatever else kinda points players come up with don’t compute on the first wave. If they do, call me surprised that there’s an avenue for abuse left open like I described when two waves first came about.

Expedition points count on the first wave, but they are peanuts compared to the total.

DeletedUser31440

Shame they didn't add the points from the first wave onto a successful second wave. But oh well, it's fair if everyone has the same condition

Just reread this with battle points in mind, the points from the first wave get added to the second when you win. They are the wave modifier that gets added in.

Emberguard

There you go then. The only thing to propose (if one were to propose) would be a graphic change so it shows the two waves winnings split when you win in the second round ;) (not going to happen, it'd require too much alteration)

Agent327

Just reread this with battle points in mind, the points from the first wave get added to the second when you win. They are the wave modifier that gets added in.

There you go then. The only thing to propose (if one were to propose) would be a graphic change so it shows the two waves winnings split when you win in the second round ;) (not going to happen, it'd require too much alteration)

From what I read, you do not get battle points for the first wave at all. You get those of the second wave twice.

DeletedUser36665

I did mean battle points. Didn't know that's what they're officially called. Sorry for any confusion.
But I don't see a way how they are given in the second wave also to account for the first wave
because I get much less battle points in a two wave fight than in a one wave fight with similar units.

DeletedUser33179

I did mean battle points. Didn't know that's what they're officially called. Sorry for any confusion.
But I don't see a way how they are given in the second wave also to account for the first wave
because I get much less battle points in a two wave fight than in a one wave fight with similar units.

Total battle points calculations take into account the specific unit tpye(s) that you injure/kill & how many. It also subtracts an amount for all the damage/death your units received. So, it is definitely possible to receive more points in some 1-wave battles then in some 2-wave battles.

DeletedUser3882

I did mean battle points.
Correct. As stated before, you only get points based off of the second wave. If there’s 3 units in the second wave, you’ll get a piddly amount of points vs if there’s a full 8.

*Zero* points are scored off of the first wave! GE points are a different matter.

We’ve got to go waaaaaay back to when this change was implemented.

Changelog 1.30 July 15 2014!
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/change-log-1-30.6839/#post-45099

Bug fix to that addition in 1.31
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/change-log-1-31.6962/#post-45758

DeletedUser31440

Correct. As stated before, you only get points based off of the second wave. If there’s 3 units in the second wave, you’ll get a piddly amount of points vs if there’s a full 8.

*Zero* points are scored off of the first wave! GE points are a different matter.

I don't think that's true, you'll get points for the first wave. They get added to the second wave, when you look at the point breakdown, of the 2nd battle, the points from the first wave are called "Wave Modifier". You just will only get those points if you win the 2nd battle.

DeletedUser3882

I don't think that's true, you'll get points for the first wave. They get added to the second wave, when you look at the point breakdown, of the 2nd battle, the points from the first wave are called "Wave Modifier". You just will only get those points if you win the 2nd battle.
Modifier is Guild Expedition *only*! Guild points *only* received in Expediion. Battle points are stated above. Cmap/quests.

Here’s the bug report on where modifier is explained. Still 2nd wave x2.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/expedition-bug.13582/#post-105806

Edit: and another
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...expedition-point-breakdown.18055/#post-147162

DeletedUser31440

Modifier is Guild Expedition *only*! Guild points *only* received in Expediion. Battle points are stated above. Cmap/quests.

Here’s the bug report on where modifier is explained. Still 2nd wave x2.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/expedition-bug.13582/#post-105806

Edit: and another
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...expedition-point-breakdown.18055/#post-147162

Good call, strange that it's just the 2nd wave x2. Wonder why on the first wave it gives a point breakdown with a -100% wave modifier even though it doesn't impact the battle points for the both waves.

DeletedUser3882

Good call, strange that it's just the 2nd wave x2. Wonder why on the first wave it gives a point breakdown with a -100% wave modifier even though it doesn't impact the battle points for the both waves.
No real clue and it *does* suck! Always has, but my belief is that it’s all related to that original two wave abuse-fix! Their way of trying to close back Pandora’s Box!

There have been plenty of proposals (talking 4 years here) and it sits the same over all that time.

Edit: wouldn’t -100% effectively be 0(zero)? And that cancels out the first wave points? Then 2nd wave x2? Interesting maths they’ve coded there!
0_o