• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Update to 1.180 - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser44834
  • Start date

Cordwainer

I really did search for some reference to this. I still don't see any original post from "a while ago" about this bug.

If I'm missing some section of Bug Reports, please let me know, as I'm honestly not trying to be a troublemaker. My earlier searches for "message" and "messages" through the entire Forum - plus some other keywords - didn't turn anything up. And when I don't see it listed in Bug Reports even now (except for the new report from today, which is now labeled as "Duplicate")....where am I supposed to search in future?

I realize it's annoying when people post the same thing repeatedly. So if you can point me to where the original report is, I'll make sure to check there in future, or search differently in future, and not be one of the duplicators.

I do want to know if I'm missing something, so I can correct my error and not repeat it.

On a final note: well, yes, we can still read and send messages. But it's awfully hard to get anyone's attention without the notification. I mean, likewise, I suppose technically you can still "communicate" by talking to a deaf person who has their back turned. But if they are completely unaware of what you're saying, is it actually communication? :)

RazorbackPirate

It's a known issue. Inno will fix it when they fix it. Is it annoying? Yes. Is it a game breaker? No.

In the meantime, adapt.

And stop with the triggered analogies. Having to take the initiative to check for new messages is hardly the same as trying to communicate with a deaf person. It doesn't help and it won't do a thing to fix the issue faster.

Agent327

I really did search for some reference to this. I still don't see any original post from "a while ago" about this bug.

If I'm missing some section of Bug Reports, please let me know, as I'm honestly not trying to be a troublemaker. My earlier searches for "message" and "messages" through the entire Forum - plus some other keywords - didn't turn anything up. And when I don't see it listed in Bug Reports even now (except for the new report from today, which is now labeled as "Duplicate")....where am I supposed to search in future?

I realize it's annoying when people post the same thing repeatedly. So if you can point me to where the original report is, I'll make sure to check there in future, or search differently in future, and not be one of the duplicators.

I do want to know if I'm missing something, so I can correct my error and not repeat it.

The forum isn't the only place you can report bugs. There is also an option to do it ingame. Most players prefer to do it that way. That can cause a bug to be "known" before it is posted on the forum. No problem if it is still reported on the forum, but we will label it as a duplicate and adressed, cause that is the actual current status.

Reporting it again and again does not speed up the process and neither does complaining that it takes to long.

On a final note: well, yes, we can still read and send messages. But it's awfully hard to get anyone's attention without the notification. I mean, likewise, I suppose technically you can still "communicate" by talking to a deaf person who has their back turned. But if they are completely unaware of what you're saying, is it actually communication?

If it is that important to you, just open the message center every 5 minutes, or move to guild chat with your guild for the time being.

Cordwainer

Sigh...OK, I apologize that somehow I've managed to offend when simply trying to add a little levity.

Honestly, I was just hoping someone could point me to the forums and/or threads that are the CORRECT ones to check, in future, to find out if a bug is known or new.

I still have been unable to find the original report. I genuinely would like not to repeat that error in future, so that I don't post duplicate or unnecessary reports. I also truly thought I was being pleasant rather than whiny about it.

And I did not complain that it takes too long to report a bug. I'm not sure where that criticism came from. I just want to know where I should look before reporting one.

Clearly, based on the hostility of the responses, I was wrong about my messages being appropriate or polite. I will refrain from posting in future.

RazorbackPirate

Sigh...OK, I apologize that somehow I've managed to offend when simply trying to add a little levity.

Clearly, based on the hostility of the responses, I was wrong. I'll refrain from posting in future.
Stop. Seriously. Stop with the faux persecution complex. It's juvenile.

Cordwainer

I don't feel persecuted, only frustrated that I seem unable to get an answer to my question.

I'm not so insecure that I would stop posting just because of the tone of the responses. I just don't see any point in posting if this is not a place where answers to questions can be found.

Agent327

Honestly, I was just hoping someone could point me to the forums and/or threads that are the CORRECT ones to check, in future, to find out if a bug is known or new.

Feedback thread on the latest update and the bugs forum.

I still have been unable to find the original report.

Try the Thai forum. That will be your best shot if it was on a forum. Otherwise it was reported on the ingame Support system like I told you. There are more ways a bug can be reported. It does not have to be on this forum for it to become "known", so us mods telling you should be sufficient.

DeletedUser46970

I still have been unable to find the original report...

The original report was made on the beta forum, as the bug was first observed there. See this.

EDIT: I think it was first reported via tickets, as it's mentioned there.

Last edited by a moderator:

BruteForceAttack

The original report was made on the beta forum, as the bug was first observed there. See this.

EDIT: I think it was first reported via tickets, as it's mentioned there.

So when you guys mark it as duplicate, simply link to the original report :)

Hope next time when inno has a "Wide impact Known Bug" they have the foresight of adding a note to the release notes. It will cost them less man hours to close all the tickets that get opened.

Cordwainer

Thank you, Agent327 and SacreBleu - that's very helpful. I wasn't aware of the Beta forum.

Also, based on your answers, it sounds like bugs reported via In-game Support are not necessarily added to the Bugs Forum

I had assumed known bugs would be "officially" posted in the Bugs Forum by a developer or moderator. My apologies for that incorrect assumption, which seems to have led to some confusion.

In future I'll either search the Update Feedback in addition to the Bugs forum...or just skip the search and default to in-game Support to report the bug.

Thank you again,
Cordwainer

Agent327

So when you guys mark it as duplicate, simply link to the original report :)

We would if we could. Not all of us are on beta as well and even if we would link to beta, if you do not have an account there you would not see it. At least that is how it was the last time I tried. Also sometimes we are told about it in a way we can not link to.

Hope next time when inno has a "Wide impact Known Bug" they have the foresight of adding a note to the release notes. It will cost them less man hours to close all the tickets that get opened.

From my experience they do if they can, or postpone the update. Sometimes it is just circumstances. Remember that the time between updates on beta and the live servers is much shorter than it was say 2 years ago.

BruteForceAttack

We would if we could. Not all of us are on beta as well and even if we would link to beta, if you do not have an account there you would not see it. At least that is how it was the last time I tried. Also sometimes we are told about it in a way we can not link to.

From my experience they do if they can, or postpone the update. Sometimes it is just circumstances. Remember that the time between updates on beta and the live servers is much shorter than it was say 2 years ago.

You dont need to be logged in to view a thread... You guys are the one asking ppl to go to Thai/Beta server. LOL

Inno had plenty of time to message the community about known issues: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...aily-changelog-w-c-1st-june.13258/post-104330

So instead of making excuses, please forward the feedback. Thank you.

RazorbackPirate

Dear Inno,

Everyone is still freaking out about the freak out they already freaked out about. In order to keep more freaks from freaking out about the freak out they keep freaking out about, could you please fix the thing that the freaks keep freaking out about? By fixing the thing that the freaks keep freaking about you'll stop them from freaking out about the freak out they've already freaked out about. Thanks.

A concerned player.

BruteForceAttack

I told you it has been forwarded. They got it, they asked for it, so why should they stop asking?

Context was

" Hope next time when inno has a "Wide impact Known Bug" they have the foresight of adding a note to the release notes. It will cost them less man hours to close all the tickets that get opened. "

Your reply was

"
I think 25 servers took take care of that.
"

When "mods" start telling posters that some server has taken care of something so you dont have to do anything... not good for the forum

DeletedUser46970

Guys we are slightly veering away from the topic of this thread. Let's get back on topic, shall we?