• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Weak Great Buildings need to be upgraded

Tim911

There are several weak Great Buildings that need to upgraded so they have a competitive chance. I am thinking of The Oracle and The Coliseum specifically but I'm sure there are others. The Oracle (predicting the future) could easily add to defense % or recruit an additional Rough to protect you city is attacked. Or you get an extra friend at some point with her. Some Forge Point are an obvious solution to weak GBs. Maybe a bonus at the start of events or now with the Castle, Castle points. Let's give them a fighting chance to be built and kept.

The Lady Redneck

Why do they need changed? there are plenty other GBs that offer players the chance to be stronger and more competitive in whatever way they want to be. Delphi is relatively new and was simply put there as a learning GB for newbies. As for the poor old Col. I think most folk have build one when they were a complete noob in the game. It has become something of a standing joke. It would be a shame to change it now. Building that is somewhat akin to the joiners apprentice who gets told to go find a left handed screwdriver and is dumb enough to eventually come back and say sorry he could not find one.

..Boudica..

I've never built the Collesum. Huge foot print for Happy I can produce more efficiently. The Oracle is also pretty much useless and the first GB I suggest new players sell if they're hurting for real estate. No amount of leveling will make either of these worth building or keeping, imo.

Darkest.Knight

A lot of items r for the early game and quickly become useless, of course depends upon goals which buildings r useful but the ones mentioned never appealed to me. Doubtful they'll ever change them or the other "filler" items that exist.

Emberguard

The risk with updating such early game buildings to be competitive is you could end up making them game breaking. What they could do is introduce abilities that only come into play once the city reaches a set age/era, so the base building remains the same for its age but gets an upgrade when you reach Modern, Future and/or Space Ages (sort of like the unrefined goods doubling).

Oracle is meant to be training wheels. It's not trying to be anything more than a starting boost that you would outgrow quickly

Colosseum I agree is pretty weak. But again.... you're meant to be aging up and the Colosseum is from right near the start of the game. Though part of what makes it so weak is it's competing with the Oracle, Hagia Sophia and every Event building that comes along.

Ironrooster

Gaia Statue is so rare that I've never completed a single full set of prints, whereas I've got thousands of sets each for many great buildings (after 4 years and in FE).
Once I moved up to Arctic Future I got a complete set for Gaia before either of the other 2 GBs for Arctic Future - Arctic Orangery and Seed Vault. Of course it was the one I didn't want. LOL

..Boudica..

Gaia Statue is so rare that I've never completed a single full set of prints...

I've been sitting on several full sets for some time now, just not a build-priority. Some folks collect shoes, I accrue prints. I've been FoEing on and off several years now but I've got print sets for buildings I hadn't previously heard of. Most of them I'll never build, some I put up for a bit then take back down. Funnily enough I never °find° any Arc prints. Ever. Have to mine them in the 1.9s.

Sharmon the Impaler

High speed 1.9 off guild groups are the way to get prints. I have 99+ of every print for every GB. I have 400+ of every arc print. I have 13 GBs built and nothing in my sights for building yet. Maybe Jupiter will have a good one.

..Boudica..

I keep the Oracle in my Cities. I enjoy the look.
I liked the Rainforest but didn't really do what I needed it to and i got rid of it. I could build it again any time, but where?

If you're still in-like w your Oracle you haven't been playing very long. I admire your allegiance but there will come a time you need some room, and you'll have seen first hand what certain GBs do or don't do and you'll be a lot more willing to sacrifice not just your Oracle but anything not making a noticeable difference. Land is premium in this game. You need to use every inch of your city and to do it as efficiently as you can.

Ebeondi Asi

I like the Oracle and still have them in my cities. I am tempted every day to toss it for a Winners level two Plaza. LOL
I still like the look and want Oracle to stay in my cities. I know of one player with a level 80 Oracle which is an amazing accomplishment with the lack of prints available!!!

Dimondus

There are several weak Great Buildings that need to upgraded so they have a competitive chance. I am thinking of The Oracle and The Coliseum specifically but I'm sure there are others. The Oracle (predicting the future) could easily add to defense % or recruit an additional Rough to protect you city is attacked. Or you get an extra friend at some point with her. Some Forge Point are an obvious solution to weak GBs. Maybe a bonus at the start of events or now with the Castle, Castle points. Let's give them a fighting chance to be built and kept.
Then lets also mention 2 tabs of cultural and decoration buildings that are never built. And Inno keep spending development resources to create assets none is using.

BSkelton

Not sure this is the correct place for this, but now that I am at the Space Age - Venus, I look back and wish I had taken things a bit slower in my first world (Jaims), that way I could have acquired Terrace Farms from each age/era to collect goods. Having the renovation kit and the one-up kit are nice, but would like to see a GB that would enable us to select the age/era to produce goods. This would help significantly so high-level players (like myself) can generate lower-level goods faster to help those who are first starting their journey in this game.