• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What about minimum attrition? Please comment on this.

Dominator - X

In regards to RQ's being limited: INNO punished EVERYONE due to the cheating actions of a few? Yeah, that makes sense. If INNO sees someone running 50,000 RQ's a day (as you say), they should put a limit on them, not all those who built their city with RQ's in mind. All the while many were advertising how it is done right here on these forums. For years. It wasn't until many had built their cities with the RQ's in mind that they then dropped the hammer on them. They should have punished the cheaters not the standard heavy RQ(ers) for the advantage they were getting from that method. Yet, they allow an even larger advantage to those who employ higher age troops, which in GBG is a huge advantage to resisting attrition.
Again, and for the record, I have never been a heavy RQ(er) nor do I find fault with those who take advantage of higher age troops. I just enjoy pointing out INNO's hypocrisy in allowing 1 huge advantage, while limiting the other.

Dominator - X

The reason they allow HAU is because people pay diamonds to revive them. Not so with RQs
That MAY be a motivating factor, but most of those whom I know that use the higher age troops, rarely if ever use diamonds to heal them. They just put them in the hospital and start using their same age troops while they rest up. Either way, if the player has a good amount of boost, they don't take much damage.

Frostblade

No offense, but I think your knowledge on higher age units is limited. In GBG, you are fighting computer units not player units. With a good amount of unit boost, I have seen lower age players with HT's and Rogues kill provinces with little to no damage to their troops. Many assume they are using software to help fight faster, but in reality, they just dominate and rarely have to change out their Rogues. That is a huge advantage in time, which gives them more fights than most of those who have to change out troops regularly. And I am pretty sure they are not up against an AO. Higher age troops are a much larger advantage than an AO at just about any level. Not to mention the AO is only active when fighting same age troops.
I'm not offended at all, but did you do the math to compare same age units with lvl 100 AO vs. one era above units? (yes I know AO is useless for higher age units in GbG, and the math applies to GbG only not fight vs hoodies)
I've said in my previous post this applies only to higher age units of one era above, not multiple eras ahead.

And boosts, you can apply boosts so same age just like you can to higher age units, the boosts applies to all units right?
You can calculate with or without boosts it doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is unit base stats, boosts and your raw stats combined are then affected by AO no matter how high or low you set them.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

200 attrition by fighting is possible for a SAT player, and I have a guildmate who did it. But you will have to raise your defense for attackers with tons of black potions (we are talking 15+K defense!). You will also lose 100s if not 1000s of units going that high. The guildmate lost over 2K, I lost nearly 1000 units going to 155 attrition last night.

Even at 80% attrition reduction, you are unlikely get 1000 fights for 200 attrition, just as it's unlikely that you will get 500 fights for 100 attrition. That's because Inno's programmers don't know how to set the margins for randomization.
Getting to 200 attrtion once with using a ton of potions doesn't really mean much since its not something that one can do except rarely.

Dominator - X

I've said in my previous post this applies only to higher age units of one era above, not multiple eras ahead.
We are talking about 2 different things, since 1 age higher units do not make a huge difference. I am talking about Indy Age using HT's or something similar. I have seen some instances of lower age guys using OF troops. Much larger advantage than an AO.

Frostblade

We are talking about 2 different things, since 1 age higher units do not make a huge difference. I am talking about Indy Age using HT's or something similar. I have seen some instances of lower age guys using OF troops. Much larger advantage than an AO.
Yeah every unit era beyond 1 no matter which unit outperforms same age unit with AO.

I assume by HT you mean Hover Tank which has A\D 120\120
Compared to industrial equivalent Howitzer which has A\D 35\35 that's a huge difference.

lvl 100 AO and 1K A\D stats with same age howitzer unit gives 35 x (10 x 1.3) = 455 A\D
HT (no AO effect in GbG) and same 1K A\D stats gives 120 x 10 = 1200 A\D

Therefore HT without AO outperforms lvl 100 AO and same age unit by 1200 \ 455 = 263%

This is only the A\D part without any combat taking place,
next step is to input those results into combat formula to calculate the actual damage that HT gives and takes more than howitzer vs same age units.

Example for GbG.
Combat vs same age Jaeger unit with same 1K A\D and base (A\D 28\37) (the opponent in GbG does not have AO effect therefore x10)
Jaeger A\D with same 1K stats gives 28 x 10 & 37 x 10 = A\D 280\370

In the above scenario Howitzer damage vs Jaeger is 455 \ 370 x 5 = 6 (+-1) = 4-6 damage
In the above scenario HT damage vs Jeager is 1200 \ 370 x 5 = 16 (+-1) = 15-17 = 10 damage (max is 10 damage)

In other words Howitzer will need to attack at least twice to destroy the Jaeger while HT will instantly kill it (each unit has 10 hit points).
No sure but I think HT will take damage regardless of instant kill, which is only 280 \ 1200 x 5 (+-1) = 1-2 damage (min 1)
Howitzer will instead take 280 \ 455 x 5 (+-1) = 2-4 damage

Thus vs Jaeger HT will take 2x times less damange and deal 2x more damage compared to howitzer.
Ofc. no level of AO can bet that.

But if you repeat calculation with only 1 era above then you'll see that lvl 100 AO outperforms HAU by some 4%

edit:
I completely forgot about bonus vs. light unit in this example, that would make the HT even stronger than same age unit with AO.

Last edited:

Dominator - X

Yeah every unit era beyond 1 no matter which unit outperforms same age unit with AO.

I assume by HT you mean Hover Tank which has A\D 120\120
Compared to industrial equivalent Howitzer which has A\D 35\35 that's a huge difference.

lvl 100 AO and 1K A\D stats with same age howitzer unit gives 35 x (10 x 1.3) = 455 A\D
HT (no AO effect in GbG) and same 1K A\D stats gives 120 x 10 = 1200 A\D

Therefore HT without AO outperforms lvl 100 AO and same age unit by 1200 \ 455 = 263%

This is only the A\D part without any combat taking place,
next step is to input those results into combat formula to calculate the actual damage that HT gives and takes more than howitzer vs same age units.

Example for GbG.
Combat vs same age Jaeger unit with same 1K A\D and base (A\D 28\37) (the opponent in GbG does not have AO effect therefore x10)
Jaeger A\D with same 1K stats gives 28 x 10 & 37 x 10 = A\D 280\370

In the above scenario Howitzer damage vs Jaeger is 455 \ 370 x 5 = 6 (+-1) = 4-6 damage
In the above scenario HT damage vs Jeager is 1200 \ 370 x 5 = 16 (+-1) = 15-17 = 10 damage (max is 10 damage)

In other words Howitzer will need to attack at least twice to destroy the Jaeger while HT will instantly kill it (each unit has 10 hit points).
No sure but I think HT will take damage regardless of instant kill, which is only 280 \ 1200 x 5 (+-1) = 1-2 damage (min 1)
Howitzer will instead take 280 \ 455 x 5 (+-1) = 2-4 damage

Thus vs Jaeger HT will take 2x times less damange and deal 2x more damage compared to howitzer.
Ofc. no level of AO can bet that.

But if you repeat calculation with only 1 era above then you'll see that lvl 100 AO outperforms HAU by some 4%

edit:
I completely forgot about bonus vs. light unit in this example, that would make the HT even stronger than same age unit with AO.
So, we agree. Higher age troops and I mean HIGHER age, are a huge unfair advantage. And they are much more powerful than AO assisted troops and can withstand a ton of attrition. Which was my point.

Frostblade

They are not an unfair advantage everyone can have them.
Not true, game interface doesn't let new players know they could cheat by obtaining higher age units.
Majority of players who only start playing game have no clue about it.

One needs to google out and search forums to perform this hackery which is not how games are meant to be played.

Angry.Blanket

Not true, game interface doesn't let new players know they could cheat by obtaining higher age units.
Majority of players who only start playing game have no clue about it.

One needs to google out and search forums to perform this hackery which is not how games are meant to be played.
It is not a cheat and the interface lets every one know exactly the same

Frostblade

It is not a cheat and the interface lets every one know exactly the same
Really? how is it then possible it didn't tell me?
I got to know HAU's from forums, the game told me nothing about it and it's still not telling me anything after 5 months of play.
I guess I was lucky to visit forums, a huge chunk of player base does not visit forums at all lol, what about them?

When you start new city you're toured by short tutorial on how to play, it says nothing about higher age units.
After that point you're guided by story quest which also says nothing about it, in fact story quest doesn't guide you precisely so that you obtain HAU's.

So how is that not cheating everyone else who doesn't visit forums or google out random hackery online?

Angry.Blanket

Really? how is it then possible it didn't tell me?
I got to know HAU's from forums, the game told me nothing about it and it's still not telling me anything after 5 months of play.
I guess I was lucky to visit forums, a huge chunk of player base does not visit forums at all lol, what about them?

When you start new city you're toured by short tutorial on how to play, it says nothing about higher age units.
After that point you're guided by story quest which also says nothing about it, in fact story quest doesn't guide you precisely so that you obtain HAU's.

So how is that not cheating everyone else who doesn't visit forums or google out random hackery online?
Are you asking me why people that read and do research have and advantage over people that just crash through with out thinking first ?

Frostblade

Are you asking me why people that read and do research have and advantage over people that just crash through with out thinking first ?
First of all you're contradicting your previous post, first in your post #54 you said the game interface tells everybody the same thing but now one post later you claim one needs to read and research to get the information.

Anyway you don't appear to know much about how any game is supposed to work to be fair, I suggest you read more about it on the link below:

When you're done studying feel free to come back to me to recognize the mistakes you're saying.

Sharmon the Impaler

First of all you're contradicting your previous post, first in your post #54 you said the game interface tells everybody the same thing but now one post later you claim one needs to read and research to get the information.

Anyway you don't appear to know much about how any game is supposed to work to be fair, I suggest you read more about it on the link below:

When you're done studying feel free to come back to me to recognize the mistakes you're saying.
Really , you play a game then you read the instructions first , if it's open ended like FOE then you look it up on the forums. Just because people are lazy doesn't mean they are disadvantaged , it just means they are lazy.

Angry.Blanket

The game interface includes the forums, it is right in the game