• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What could I do better?

Godly Luke

Because most of ya'll here on the forums are professionals, I would like to know what I could be doing better. I think my city is ok for PE, but I want to know what ya'll think. Currently, I have LoA 10, Traz 10, CDM 8, Zeus 8, SMB, 6, Arc 7, Obs 5, CoA 7, Basil, 7, and ToR 4, as well as 14 Soks, as well as 89 / 69 AD, 21 / 137 city defense. Working on getting an HC as well. The economy is really good with 58 mil supplies and 125 mil coins. I currently make about 45 fps a day with event buildings and townhall. (6 fps) I am in a pickle and don't really know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-13 at 9.58.42 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-13 at 9.58.42 AM.png
    839.9 KB · Views: 76

DeletedUser

The main thing I see is that you need to fill in that notch on the lower right side with your next 2 expansions and then fill in to the right next to the Traz with the ones after that to square up your city. That will make city layout design a bit easier.

DeletedUser38090

That looks like a lot of 2-lane streets for the amount of 2-lane buildings there. I'll try to come up with something in city planner to help you out. Stay tuned.

BruteForceAttack

Because most of ya'll here on the forums are professionals, I would like to know what I could be doing better. I think my city is ok for PE, but I want to know what ya'll think. Currently, I have LoA 10, Traz 10, CDM 8, Zeus 8, SMB, 6, Arc 7, Obs 5, CoA 7, Basil, 7, and ToR 4, as well as 14 Soks, as well as 89 / 69 AD, 21 / 137 city defense. Working on getting an HC as well. The economy is really good with 58 mil supplies and 125 mil coins. I currently make about 45 fps a day with event buildings and townhall. (6 fps) I am in a pickle and don't really know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

I'd get rid or ranches and add garage or deli, add inno tower and reduce houses.

Algona

Yell us a bit more about you,

What world are you in?

Do you have any ambitions or hopes? What do you want to do with your city?

What do you like in this game? What do you not like?

Do you like fighting? Negotiating? How far do you go in GE? DCs? Events? Mobile, PC or both? Any plans for GvG? Do you plunder?

How are you on Expansions? Where are you on your Medals Expanions? Do you have all your Diamond Expansions?

General rule of thumb, It's all about FPs. Talk about your FP strategy. How do you spend FPs now? How you plan to add to your daily income? How many Inventoryy FPs do you have and how do you spend the?

Last edited:

Godly Luke

What world are you in?
Noarsil
Do you have any ambitions or hopes? What do you want to do with your city?
I want to be able to handle the PE map for my guild and fight the "big dogs" in my hood. EDIT: and have fun without always having to recover from Gvg and GE. (Usually don't have to recover from GE, mainly, GvG)
What do you like in this game? What do you not like?
I like fighting, a lot, I love my guild, Merovingian, helping the younger players in my guild with trade and fighting strategies. There isn't really anything I don't like about my city or the game.
Do you like fighting? Negotiating? How far do you go in GE? DCs? Events? Mobile, PC or both? Any plans for GvG? Do you plunder?
I fight way more than I trade. Over 3,000 fights. Not bad for PE I usually get midway into level 3 in GE. Finish most events. I mainly play on PC, but sometimes mobile if I have to. I plunder whoever I can or whoever has those ME goods. GvG isn't something that my guild usually does, only if someone requests it. And when we do, it is usually in the FE or CE map. I expansions halfway through the PME map and am up to somewhere in 40k - 50k medal expansion range, I can't remember. I have invested in a few diamond expansions, I have stopped right up when the hit 400 diamonds a pop. I spend my FPs on fps swaps and very rarely sniping people in my hood. For gaining fps daily, I don't really know how to gain more besides soks or TFs. (which I have only 1 TF and 14 soks) In my inventory, I have 1,500 or somewhere really close to that. And when you say DC's, do you mean a Deal Castle? I don't actually know. I believe that hits all those questions.

Last edited:

Super Catanian

What’s with the Bronze and Iron Age buildings around your city? Since the Carnival Event is over now, you no longer need to donate goods to the Treasury.
I don’t see a Piazza Set anywhere. Do you plan on building it, or did you opt out of the event?
Either way, once you sell those BA and IA buildings, you’ll have plenty of space for WWs. I can never refuse a chance at extra goods and Diamonds.

DeletedUser33179

Some thoughts...

You've got a level 10 Traz. And you love to fight. But your zeus/cdm/coa aren't fully leveled to 10 yet. If you did so, you'll gain an additional 21/21 AD, taking you up to 110/90.

Look into getting a population GB (someone mentioned Inno). Traz will provide all the happiness you'll need to offset any added pop. Then you can get rid of all housing, freeing up space.

Several folks are Arc-centric, & would tell you to level that as priority. But you're only interested in doing guild swap threads for now (which is fine, everyone likes what the like) Thus, you're way underutilizing the Arc's primary benefit of increased GB donation rewards. Consider keeping Arc where it is for near future & focus on the fighting GBs

Unlikely a Goods Dealer will take BA goods from a PE player. Perhaps those here who sell goods can give you best insight.

Please tell me that I'm blind & that you have a rogue hideout/den for your Traz.

I'm not very familiar with some of your buildings. You have several 1x1 horse/rider statues. They aren't decorations for happiness, are they? If so, get rid of them. Traz should be providing more than you need for happy.

EDIT- you also have city parks & publishing house, I think. Those are happiness buildings too. Are you honestly needing that much extra happy beyond what level 10 Traz provides? (Once again, I'm not fully familiar with all your buildings, so perhaps there's a huge population required that I don't understand)

I love WWs, but not in my main city (that's part of what my alternate cities are for). They take up valuable space for only a %chance of various outputs - for example, wiinning 50 diamonds is a 1% chance, meaning for one WW you win diamonds one time within 100 collections.

Have you won any pieces of the cheery blossom set in DCs?

Your city layout does need some tweaking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Godly Luke

I am currently working on CDM, just started today as traz leveled up today, and I have 3 rogues hideouts and 1 rogue den in inventory, just have over 500 rogues and wasn't getting enough actual troops, just rogues. I got the Equestrian Statues from GE and built them for quests, guess I forgot to delete them. Should probably delete / store wishing wells. I have one piece of a cherry garden set but stored because it was from EMA and didn't have any other pieces.
Unlikely a Goods Dealer will take BA goods from a PE player. Perhaps those here who sell goods can give you best insight.
Guess I didn't think that through, I actually haven't ever bought a kit, so kind of playing it by ear, with guild advice.
Should probably convert my L world city (which is really bad) into a diamond farm. Thanks!

DeletedUser33179

I am currently working on CDM, just started today as traz leveled up today, and I have 3 rogues hideouts and 1 rogue den in inventory, just have over 500 rogues and wasn't getting enough actual troops, just rogues. I got the Equestrian Statues from GE and built them for quests, guess I forgot to delete them. Should probably delete / store wishing wells. I have one piece of a cherry garden set but stored because it was from EMA and didn't have any other pieces.

Guess I didn't think that through, I actually haven't ever bought a kit, so kind of playing it by ear, with guild advice.
Should probably convert my L world city (which is really bad) into a diamond farm. Thanks!

Just as you replied, I added an edit to my post concerning other happy buildings it looks like you have - are they needed

Makes sense about storing the rogue buildings

DeletedUser38090

I am in a pickle and don't really know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

So I tried to make your city a bit more efficient, and reduced your 36 double-laned roads down to 16. You also now have some extra rows to throw in some SoKs or other goodies that following events might give you. I used information on the wiki to see if which buildings require two-lane roads.
uoMK1YM.png

Since you are overflowing with happiness according to the city planner, you could easily get rid of your city parks and replace them with Terrace farms. They're the exact same footprint, which is pretty nice.

Freshmeboy

So much for levity..OK, do every event and build a forge point city so you can level GBs faster, do recurring quests until your fingers bleed, then do some more. Do every DC to completion then battle through GE until you can go no further..Build an Arc and snipe everyone in your hood and build up inventory to further increase your leveling strength. Plunder everyone in your hood for their valuables to gain an edge...Is that enough...?

Godly Luke

So I tried to make your city a bit more efficient, and reduced your 36 double-laned roads down to 16. You also now have some extra rows to throw in some SoKs or other goodies that following events might give you. I used information on the wiki to see if which buildings require two-lane roads.
uoMK1YM.png

Since you are overflowing with happiness according to the city planner, you could easily get rid of your city parks and replace them with Terrace farms. They're the exact same footprint, which is pretty nice.
Gee thanks! I was working on something very similar to that design. I believe yours is actually better than mine.

Godly Luke

And I actually just sniped a hoodie's in no and got the last 3# blueprints. Trades up, guild is pretty nice with higher era goods especially when it is f for gbs

Trobb de Grobb

1. You need to work on getting an Inno tower to replace all the residences to free up some space. (You want to use the Inno tower because it will help you with your second problem) Re-organize your city to be more efficient. Keep the 2 lane roads to the absolute minimum.

2. Next, your daily FP production is low. Use the freed up space to plant specialty buildings. Use the most space efficient per FP specialty buildings you can. Almost every event can give you one new specialty building that provides FP. You can also use terrace farms and Shrines of Knowledge.

3. Do all of the events, GE, and dailies when you can. For GE, fight until you start taking too many losses then use negotiation with a goal of completing level IV every week (if your guild unlocks it).

DeletedUser27889

I second everyones recommendation to get inno to free up space. Given your current set up I think for as much as I like HC it shouldn't be a priority for you just yet or you should at least wait for the price to drop more. The perks of HC are great but apart from the chance of Rogues nothing to really help you fight better or more and HC is very expensive to level. I'd think the points would be better suited to raising Traz, military buildings or even getting AO instead as these will help you fight. Never the less I'll PM you with the name of a Noarsil HC seller who typically allows BA/IA trade backs.

Godly Luke

I found someone in my guild that actually moved up in VF a good few months ago, they said they would help. I also have all bps for in no now, and have posted more "fair" trades. But once I get it up I strike yet another problem, what a surprise. Do I split my measly 50 fps on both CDm and Inno or do I focus one or the other? I am probably just going shove everything in t he cdm and other fighting gbs but I want to know what yall think.