• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What does the future hold for Forge of Empires? Hear from our Product Head! Feedback:

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
Please try not to stir the rumor mill too much folks. There are no plans whatsoever to make the game mobile only and neither are we are discontinuing the forums. Discord as a platform is used by many many companies with an online focus from games developers to corporations, and it makes sense to allow our players the chance to share in an official channel there.

There is no requirement for anyone to join discord, but if you have not already tried it then please do pop over, see what its all about. You don't have to participate in chats to take advantage of the information shared there by both us and the players. Of course you do not have to do so - we will continue to share our news and announcements on the forum and will continue to pass on feedback (when it is constructive of course) from the forums.

JJ597

Pass this feedback to them:
Fix the lag on launch day!
I've played in other online games, where as part of the game championship, everyone started at the same time. This also resulted in lag at the start. Since it doesn't happen at GVG reset, as far as I know. We as players can make an assumption about how many players are active GVG vs GBG.

jaymoney23456

I've played in other online games, where as part of the game championship, everyone started at the same time. This also resulted in lag at the start. Since it doesn't happen at GVG reset, as far as I know. We as players can make an assumption about how many players are active GVG vs GBG.
I have seen lag in GvG too though I agree that more play GbG than ever played GvG.

NWWolverine

I haven't seen any recent profit reports from Innogames, but in 2020, they reported 266 million dollars in profits and had made over a billion dollars since inception. Love the changes they're making and I look forward to seeing what's next.

jaymoney23456

I haven't seen any recent profit reports from Innogames, but in 2020, they reported 266 million dollars in profits and had made over a billion dollars since inception. Love the changes they're making and I look forward to seeing what's next.
Since it seems like you are keen to like whatever changes are made then you should have no issue if GbG goes back to attrition free and the whole concept of using city defense to attack is dropped from the game.

NWWolverine

Since it seems like you are keen to like whatever changes are made then you should have no issue if GbG goes back to attrition free and the whole concept of using city defense to attack is dropped from the game.
I'll play the game as Inno evolves it. I just enjoy playing it and when it starts to make me complain as some do here, I'll move on and do something else

NWWolverine

The real reason for moving from the forums are the exact kind of posts made here. All negative griping over your own fantasy of what you want to believe. No one actually knows what will be coming. But some seem to have already passed judgment. If all you sour grape guys would just quit. Go find some other game to whine
about.
So far GE 5 is a success in my Guilds. It has made GE exciting again. Same for GbG. Something new ,something to really work to make it a good game. Fun.
I look forward to any new things Inno may offer us.
Perfectly said...!

jaymoney23456

The real reason for moving from the forums are the exact kind of posts made here. All negative griping over your own fantasy of what you want to believe. No one actually knows what will be coming. But some seem to have already passed judgment. If all you sour grape guys would just quit. Go find some other game to whine
about.
So far GE 5 is a success in my Guilds. It has made GE exciting again. Same for GbG. Something new ,something to really work to make it a good game. Fun.
I look forward to any new things Inno may offer us.
The only things the changes to GbG are doing is making guilds hate each other and filling inno coffers from the increase in diamond spending and decrease in diamonds won in GbG. Also, more and more are deciding GbG isn't worth the bother now that there is no more attriiton free fights which actually were fun!

85gt

"Game Balancing" This is no longer going to be the game many started playing some 10-12 years ago. they added junk like GE,GBG and now oh boy Guild Incursions, I started when only GVG was here and enjoy a 1 time a day reset, Not going to be tied to some silly game every 4 hrs or 10 hrs like the latest garb to climb out the poop pit, for you all that have no life stick around and blindly follow your nose to that pit, it stinks so you should have no problem getting there

Pericles the Lion

"Game Balancing" This is no longer going to be the game many started playing some 10-12 years ago. they added junk like GE,GBG and now oh boy Guild Incursions, I started when only GVG was here and enjoy a 1 time a day reset, Not going to be tied to some silly game every 4 hrs or 10 hrs like the latest garb to climb out the poop pit, for you all that have no life stick around and blindly follow your nose to that pit, it stinks so you should have no problem getting there
It's called "Evolution". FOE hasn't been the "game that many started some 10-12 years ago" for a very, very long time yet you are still here - and doing quite well I might add.

Edit: Btw, you ridicule players that put a lot of time into the game, eh? What a hoot! For sure, you didn't get to the #7 spot on Brisgard (with over 1M fights) by playing 30 minutes of GvG each day at reset. Nice try.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

So you must have no life then after 10-12 years ?

Dominator - X

Game Balancing means less rewards and benefits for the players. Benefits and rewards that many of us built our cities in a certain way to reap from, only to have INNO try to sell us something as a new and better way to play. When reality sets in and we observe the real meaning of game balancing, reality bites. The new and improved GBG is boring and monotonous. It takes way too long for most to level a province when it requires 400+ advances. Even 300 is too many. Even so, when we do put on that many advances, the rewards are a pittance. Yeah, that is some real game balancing alright.

The only exciting day in GBG is the launch day. The 2nd best day is the season ending day. Everything in between, save for a few moments, is boring and monotonous. I realize I do not speak for everyone, but I think a large swath of players are starting to lose interest and put their attention elsewhere.

Sharmon the Impaler

Game Balancing means less rewards and benefits for the players. Benefits and rewards that many of us built our cities in a certain way to reap from, only to have INNO try to sell us something as a new and better way to play. When reality sets in and we observe the real meaning of game balancing, reality bites. The new and improved GBG is boring and monotonous. It takes way too long for most to level a province when it requires 400+ advances. Even 300 is too many. Even so, when we do put on that many advances, the rewards are a pittance. Yeah, that is some real game balancing alright.

The only exciting day in GBG is the launch day. The 2nd best day is the season ending day. Everything in between, save for a few moments, is boring and monotonous. I realize I do not speak for everyone, but I think a large swath of players are starting to lose interest and put their attention elsewhere.
You forgot the excitement of the non-existant Championship matching. That makes GBG really suck. We have been waiting for 4 seasons for a war season and keep getting matched with scrub guilds. Inno really only cares about money.

Last edited:

Vexeens

You forgot the excitement of the non-existant Championship matching. That makes GBG really suck. We have been waiting for 4 season for a war season and keep getting matched with scrub guilds. Inno really only cares about money.
Same the other way around, where is the fun when 1 or 2 30 member guild is put on the map with a bunch of 65-80 members guilds and then get ganged up on so that they for the love of god cant keep even one single sector. so much fun!

Fix the effing matchmaking for once...