• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What is driving people away from FoE?

Darkest.Knight

lol, the turnover rate has always been pretty high; took quite a while for my friends list to be full of active players. I only occasionally need to drop someone lately. If someone likes the game enough to spend a bit of cash they usually stick around for a while; I'm F2P so the game is fine as it stands.

Ebeondi Asi

What's driving people away?- The tremendous time suck it has become.
Most people want to to be able to do at least decent. The game does take way to much time to be able to reasonably keep up unless unemployed or retired. (Or a job were you can sneak time to play Foe at work).
There does seem to be a genuine disconnect between the developers notions of what it takes, and what it actually takes to do all the stuff they are tossing into the game.

Last edited:

Darkest.Knight

Easy to reduce the time spent by not spending forever during GBG, I'm still rolling along so it hasn't changed much; still climbing up the rankings; 113 at the moment.

Sharmon the Impaler

Easy to reduce the time spent by not spending forever during GBG, I'm still rolling along so it hasn't changed much; still climbing up the rankings; 113 at the moment.
The Grounds Tourney is the second largest QI boost so I hope you don't like QI either. GE5 has the single largest QI boost.

Darkest.Knight

For myself, as pretty much a solo guild, it's not worth sweet FA as a brit would say. QI is fine, put up 2 Neos which is good enough. I'm focused on FP's lately, my daily tallies are 6-8K, I'd like to get to 100 on my HYDRA before the next era is released.

Pericles the Lion

Looking now to see who it is but Q just lost a greater than #18 player this morning. City deleted and playing for at least 7 years.
Take a look at the top 100 players on any world. I wager that there will be at least 10 that have been inactive for over 30 days. I think that it's par for the course. I won't name names but I remember who the #1 player was on Tuulech when I started playing 3.5 years ago. That player was still #1 when she went inactive in mid 2021 with 1.2B points. She's still showing up in the rankings but is now #104. Still, when I look at the top 100 players on T there are 17 that have been inactive for at least 30 days. So, all of the players now in the top 100 were active enough to pass the former #1 player but 17% of them hung up the cleats. I see it as natural evolution. "And Alexander wept, seeing as he had no more worlds to conquer".

Meat Butcher

Take a look at the top 100 players on any world. I wager that there will be at least 10 that have been inactive for over 30 days. I think that it's par for the course. I won't name names but I remember who the #1 player was on Tuulech when I started playing 3.5 years ago. That player was still #1 when she went inactive in mid 2021 with 1.2B points. She's still showing up in the rankings but is now #104. Still, when I look at the top 100 players on T there are 17 that have been inactive for at least 30 days. So, all of the players now in the top 100 were active enough to pass the former #1 player but 17% of them hung up the cleats. I see it as natural evolution. "And Alexander wept, seeing as he had no more worlds to conquer".
On "E" world we just lost our 4th Ranked player, got a text saying its just too much time on game and not enough 200% offers coming in anymore to warrant spending, which makes sense as I do not see those offers hardly ever.

Might come back after a long break but who knows.

Sharmon the Impaler

I am #20 so I notice right away when we lose any of the top 20. The user disappeared completely which means they deleted their city.

Slavo76

So, what is driving people away from the game?
* One of bigger things is endless (constant) clicking to the point of getting Carpal tunnel syndrome, and coupled with pathetic reward for all that hassle you decide it is finally not worth it your time and effort. That goes for pretty much everything except perhaps GE, where the quality of individual comes to play a role and not just number of the dogs against one like in GbG, or now defunct GvG.
So, if you are looking for a fair challenge, then look elsewhere and go play chess where you see whole board...
* One other thing is that GB's are pretty much stagnant in growth as soon as they hit level 100 or so.
For example leveling Arc to level 80 and you get 90% return and max out at level 180 with EXTRA 10% (capped at 100%).
Before this changes in the past year or so, it took most of the ACTIVE people to level Arc to 180 some 4 years (my case)((EDIT: I was 2nd arc to level 180 on S world)). Then you realize that another GB will take you about same time, but will give you way less rewards(FP's) for future growth and you ask yourself what do you do now? Since there is another 20+ GB's you need to level up and each will take 3 years to give out meaningful rewards, so you are looking at 50 years of playing this game lol
Carry on with miniscule growth, or else?
* If you are leader of a guild that is active in GbG, YOU WILL burn out eventually, because this is a job and one you are not paid to do!
* Another thing is that there is thousands of little buildings that you put in your town and as you getting better ones to replace old buildings, you are stuck with rearranging your town many times getting rid of obsolete little(or big) buildings...
* Another one of bigger issues is that inno games is meddling with percentages of GB's or other buildings. ALL of GB's that have % are rigged and DO NOT give average %.
* Same goes for GbG, where I run 350 battles at 80% no attrition increase and I am at attrition 120. ((EDIT: and with attack boost at 3,000/3,000 % you have to swap your troops every 2 battles, or otherwise you lose all of your soldiers and fill them up again regardless. So to do 350 battles it takes you 2 hours straight clicking(tapping) ...))
* GbG lineups of 80 people guilds against 10, so good luck in that league
* Advertising for moderators that do the work for free(volunteering) for a 200 million Euros company lol
* Advertising in the game

Enough of me, but you get a gist.

Last edited:

SomePlayer5000

yeah honestly I just cant find myself really playing the actual game itself, and i have almost abandoned the forum entirely because it feels like almost everyone i knew and chatted with on the general forum last year just left. it's just not that engaging anymore, yet my mind still races on why

I agree and it's no small wonder that Discord is well on the way to displacing the Forum.
Discord sucks so badly, is so hard to use, that I will never go near it again. If I cannot communicate with Inno in an Inno forum without having to use any of the dangerous and miserable social media crap, I will be leaving, and I've already told them so multiple times. I don't care if someone wants to risk using discord, but forcing everyone to do it is disaster!