• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What the heck happened to the forum?

DeletedUser8152

This time was just a cosmetic change, it sounds like the powers that be wanted to rearrange the furniture :)

It's still running the XenoForo software, and as near as I can tell none of the features have changed. You just don't know where they are, sort of like how you bump into the chair in the dark after your spouse renovates the room. Well that's what happens to me anyway... :)

Darth Mole

My problem is I use the 'Recent Posts' link. Can find it when I first log on but as soon as I click on a thread (like this one) it's no longer visible. At least not to my moley eyes. Anyone found it?

DeletedUser8152

If you jump back to the main forum page (click "Forums" at the top left of this page), then in the third box down on the right hand side there's a listing of New Posts. Click the New Posts title itself for the page listing I think you want.

lemonwedgie

This time was just a cosmetic change, it sounds like the powers that be wanted to rearrange the furniture :)

It's still running the XenoForo software, and as near as I can tell none of the features have changed. You just don't know where they are, sort of like how you bump into the chair in the dark after your spouse renovates the room. Well that's what happens to me anyway... :)

You have a rather big green obnoxious label now lol

DeletedUser24787

this the same format that is on beta takes a lil getting use to the options we had to edit our profiles is now on the bottom of the page but everything else is pretty much the same just a facelift change.this is the new layout will take time(2 mins) to get use to this new format unless you cling to the past and then you turn into a memberberry
Screenshot 2017-05-09 at 4.49.46 PM.png
the old forum layout?

DeletedUser26120

It's probably more mobile friendly, at least from what I see.

Algona

Anybody know if/where the 'mark all threads read' button is? EDIT: Found it Forums lower left corner.

Otherwise seems fine. Except the overwhelming btownness, Even more then before...

DeletedUser

No big deal to me but I would have thought that as a courtesy they would have sent out an announcement prior. Sounds like the Mod's were not even informed.

lemonwedgie

this the same format that is on beta takes a lil getting use to the options we had to edit our profiles is now on the bottom of the page but everything else is pretty much the same just a facelift change.this is the new layout will take time(2 mins) to get use to this new format unless you cling to the past and then you turn into a memberberry
View attachment 4188
the old forum layout?

I will likely get used to it ... I would just prefer them to put effort into other things that need attention ... I thought the old format was just fine ... and maybe I do want to be a memberberry ... because I like saying it ... memberberry. I am a memberberry *snaugh*

Zatrikon

Didn't there used to be a "My Content" link somewhere? Where I could quickly find any responses to the posts I've made?

bomber9530

No big deal to me but I would have thought that as a courtesy they would have sent out an announcement prior. Sounds like the Mod's were not even informed.

They were informed on EN Forum servers. Not sure why US servers are dropping the ball on announcements...

DeletedUser8152

If people think it is important, I imagine we can in the future post an announcement of upcoming forum modifications.

bomber9530

If people think it is important, I imagine we can in the future post an announcement of upcoming forum modifications.

I think if its something major like the recent change definitely. But if its a minor change/update, then maybe not so necessary.

wolfhoundtoo

and an announcement would of helped how? People would of just asked question about how the forum was going to work (and without actually seeing the changes 1st I doubt any meaningful answers would of been able to be provided). Oh and of course questions/debate over whether the change was needed. :)

DeletedUser26120

It provides the why (like EN forum announcement said, mobile friendly) and provides a 'what' so users don't have to sit around asking what happened.