• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What would you do?

Jackshat

A random person in a community chat room announced he found a hair in his laundry that wasn't his. When someone asked where he did his laundry, he said at a local laundry mat.

I advised him to burn all his clothes he laundered that day.

What would you do?

stymie of Suwannee

Laundromats have everyone putting their dirty clothes in the washer. How much biological waste do you think you have on your hands after you touch the top of the washer ? Unless of course the tops are washed every time (more like once every year) lol. That hair is not the worst of their worries :)
Yep, hair is the least of their concerns.

Jackshat

Laundromats have everyone putting their dirty clothes in the washer. How much biological waste do you think you have on your hands after you touch the top of the washer ? Unless of course the tops are washed every time (more like once every year) lol. That hair is not the worst of their worries :)
When I suggested he burn the clothes, it's because I'm a fan and supporter of Barry Scheck's Innocence Project. My mind thought, "Someone else's DNA and that person turns up missing"!

xivarmy

When I suggested he burn the clothes, it's because I'm a fan and supporter of Barry Scheck's Innocence Project. My mind thought, "Someone else's DNA and that person turns up missing"!
You're not going to get blamed for the disappearance of a random stranger on the grounds of a hair lol.

To even *find* the hair to submit it for processing you would've had to be a person of interest in the case for other reasons.

The statistical probability that *that person* goes missing, that *you* as a random stranger are a person of interest in that case, such that *that hair* becomes evidence against you is *miniscule*. One would almost think someone would've had to have planned it like that! You should write a book :)

Jackshat

You're not going to get blamed for the disappearance of a random stranger on the grounds of a hair lol.

To even *find* the hair to submit it for processing you would've had to be a person of interest in the case for other reasons.

The statistical probability that *that person* goes missing, that *you* as a random stranger are a person of interest in that case, such that *that hair* becomes evidence against you is *miniscule*. One would almost think someone would've had to have planned it like that! You should write a book :)
Well, as I explained to him (paraphrased), "That hair could belong to a gal they have you on surveillance talking to in the laundry mat. They note your eyes follow her as she was quite captivating. But, she never made it home. They find her murdered not far from the laundry mat. They trace her known steps that led them to the laundry mat surveillance where they see you checking her out. You're the last known person to see her alive. They don't find your DNA on her body, but secure a search warrant for your car and home. They go through your laundry, find that hair, test it, it matches hers, and a warrant is issued for your arrest. It doesn't matter that you used the same washer she used; you're the only lead they have, and you're a loner that has no alibi. Dude, just burn your laundry." :D

Ironrooster

Well, as I explained to him (paraphrased), "That hair could belong to a gal they have you on surveillance talking to in the laundry mat. They note your eyes follow her as she was quite captivating. But, she never made it home. They find her murdered not far from the laundry mat. They trace her known steps that led them to the laundry mat surveillance where they see you checking her out. You're the last known person to see her alive. They don't find your DNA on her body, but secure a search warrant for your car and home. They go through your laundry, find that hair, test it, it matches hers, and a warrant is issued for your arrest. It doesn't matter that you used the same washer she used; you're the only lead they have, and you're a loner that has no alibi. Dude, just burn your laundry." :D
Great opening, when is the novel coming out?

Ironrooster

If you have to use a public laundromat then
Wipe the machine down with disinfectant, wash on the hottest setting. Same for dryer.

Ebeondi Asi

A random person in a community chat room announced he found a hair in his laundry that wasn't his. When someone asked where he did his laundry, he said at a local laundry mat.

I advised him to burn all his clothes he laundered that day.

What would you do?
I would remind you that every breath while you sleep, you inhale endless amounts of Mite dander and mite poop, No matter how 'clean' you think your bed is. You inhale the bacterial leftover scraped off your skin as you sleep, plus your own dander, and if you are with a partner, your partner's too. That you body by weight is as much bacteria as Human tissue. That everyone has small creatures living in most of thier pores, That there are tiny insects that live inside most Human's eyelashes. I won't even start in on Viruses, fungi and such...
And furthermore most atoms in molecules you breath have been in some form of poop and or decaying/ dead creature of some sort many times. Every breath you inhale molecules that have been in Jesus, Buddha, Confucius, And trillions of other creatures, including Dinosaurs,
So if you're worried about a hair? You are in deep deep doodoo once you realize all that alien stuff compromising your fear of stuff.is in you and "attacking" you every moment. LOL
? (Might the OP here wear a hazmat suit to change a diaper??? LOL )

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

I would remind you that every breath while you sleep, you inhale endless amounts of Mite dander and mite poop, No matter how 'clean' you think your bed is. You inhale the bacterial leftover scraped off your skin as you sleep, plus your own dander, and if you are with a partner, your partner's too. That you body by weight is as much bacteria as Human tissue. That everyone has small creatures living in most of thier pores, That there are tiny insects that live inside most Human's eyelashes. I won't even start in on Viruses, fungi and such...
And furthermore most atoms in molecules you breath have been in some form of poop and or decaying/ dead creature of some sort many times. Every breath you inhale molecules that have been in Jesus, Buddha, Confucius, And trillions of other creatures, including Dinosaurs,
So if you're worried about a hair? You are in deep deep doodoo once you realize all that alien stuff compromising your fear of stuff.is in you and "attacking" you every moment. LOL
? (Might the OP here wear a hazmat suit to change a diaper??? LOL )
You forgot about "feces water". That's what my kids call bottled water. LOL

SomePlayer5000

1. send it to the police, throwing the receptionist as many dollar bills as you have in front of them on the counter demanding a DNA check
2. wait like six months without any answers
3. find the dude who lost a hair in your laundry, do a little shaving, make a wig out of your "infected" clothing and superglue it onto their head

Mor-Rioghain

I'd forgotten how funny this thread was getting and after re-reading the possibilites, I'm again completely wigged out (no pun intended) about mites and all of that oogy stuff. <shiver> Eeeew!! LOL :oops:

The Lady Redneck

But you have to remember that some bacteria, viruses and such like are good and exposure to them strengthens our immune system and help our gut work. By being too clean we kill the good along with the bad and leave ourselves vulnerable. So if someone can please design a "Save the good guys thingy" I would be very happy.

And as for oogy stuff in our lives. think of how some of it deliberately part of our food. Like cochineal (red food dye) for instance. It is the crushed bodies of the female cochineal insect. So everything from Red Velvet cake to Strawberry ice cream to red lipstick contains it. . And why stop at bug poo :-