• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What would you say would be you "winning" FoE?

Ebeondi Asi

Wow not my cup of tea.. But the wonderful thing about Forge of Empires there are a lot of ways to play the game and "Win". !!!

For me right now would be getting all thee Titan Great Buildings up to level 100
I have seen a level 100 Pegasus around. But not all three. Closest I've seen of all thee together one player is level 83
I have gotten GE 5 fighting down, so that is a win. And trying to get to 5000 attack boost in GbG is one I am still striving for.

Sharmon the Impaler

A roadless city would be a win for me. One line of GBs in the back and that's all the roads I want to see. Only 14 GBs and that's all I am using. I don't like the Cent GB so that is two answers that are all different from each others wins so far.

Johnny B. Goode

I long ago realized that there is no "winning" FoE, shortly after I started playing. Not that it bothered me, I'm not here to be "competitive". Games are for relaxation. If there's a clear "winning", such as in board games or card games, I definitely do play to win. However, winning or losing are irrelevant as to whether I enjoy playing a game or not. I usually win at a word game named Quiddler, but I rarely play it because I don't enjoy it at all. On the other hand, there are games I rarely win, but play as much as possible because I find them enjoyable. All this to say I consider it "winning" if I enjoy the time I spend actually playing FoE. (Oh, and also being as annoying as possible here. :) )

Expletive Deleted

For me, I would say getting every GB. What would you say?
I currently own every GB. it is a doable task and your city can still function at a high level.

I have 2 cities I have 'goals' with.

One is to get all those GBs to L80 - that is my 'main city.

My challenge city has the goal to have no duplicated buildings. I've been slowly collecting old prizes from AD and am now only a few items away from owning one of everything* I will be forced to make a decision soon to pick what gets cut once I run out of expansions to place. I'm wondering how many unique items can actually fit in a single city.

xivarmy

Reaching the end of the final age is probably the closest to a clear "winning" moment that comes to mind for me.

There's ongoing competitions with other goals (this ranking or that ranking for guild or individual) but as those don't really have endpoints, it's hard for me to view it as "winning the game". Also in many of their cases the things being measured are just of no interest to me (i.e. player points = pretty much who has spent the most time clicking autobattles in the top age - i don't even want to be there).

Really the more nebulous condition of "anything I want in the game is in my reach" is probably my "real" win condition. When it's no longer a question of if I'll reach my goal but how soon. As that's around the time I stop wanting to play anymore - so the game must be close to over ;) There's nothing much to figure out anymore, which is what i actually enjoy in the game, it's just rote action at that point. And there's just no interest there for me.

Emberguard

I'm already at the point where I could never touch an Event again and only do city collections. One could call that "beat the game" given how prominent Events are in the game design

Other goals that could be considered for "beat the game":
  • reach the end of the tech tree
  • build a diamond farm
  • raise the Great Buildings you intend to build until they're at a level where you see no point in raising them further
    • This could be on the basis of how fast you can reasonably raise a building to a higher level
      • Leveling buildings slows drastically by the time you reach lvl 80. While level 80 is a decent spot to call a building "finished", and you could stop there, I'd gradually move the goalposts until I decide I've had enough in the following pattern, possibly reducing the amount of Great Buildings I'm continuing to level up at each step:
      • Everything to Lvl 80
      • Lvl 100
      • Lvl 120
      • Lvl 150
      • Lvl 180
      • infinity
    • Or this could be a level where the Forge Point to added boost ratio is no longer worth the effort, regardless of time needed
    • Or this could be when the boost stops increasing for those that have a boost cap. Not all Great Buildings seem to have a cap, but those that do seem to reach it at or prior to lvl 180
  • Win the Championship 5/6 times in Guild Battlegrounds within the same Championship season
  • Reach top 50 in Global Ranking
  • Have 10 million Forge Points in inventory (and have your Great Buildings at a decent level)

Really the more nebulous condition of "anything I want in the game is in my reach" is probably my "real" win condition.

Pretty much. Could I get all my buildings to lvl 180? Sure. Do I consider that more complete than getting Great Buildings to lvl 100? Not in any meaningful way due to diminishing returns and the unlimited level cap. It's more of a "am I done with the game yet? No? Find something to level up further"

The closest to a "endgame" state the game has would be the techtree and/or level the great buildings until you can't level them higher, and we don't yet know what that means for Space Age Hub

Last edited:

OldeDog

It's a game that can't really be won, I've been in the top 10 of my world for many years, and top 5 for at least 3, during this time I've seen many players get to #1, then burn out and leave the game.

jaymoney23456

Going back to the way FOE was a few years ago-attrition free GbG, events that weren't always such a nuiscance to play and try to win the main prize from!
You know, little things like that lol
Also, inno can keep silver gold, platinum, etc. levels of buildings and the prizelines you have to buy to get!

Xenosaur

You're a winner when you set a goal, and achieve it - no matter what it is. That sounds like a cliche, or what a coach would say to a player on a team, but this game has a lot of similar "sense".

If you want to do something NO ONE ELSE has done, that's a goal.
If you want the HIGHEST GB in the game - that's a goal.
If you want the BEST attacking army A/D boost % in the game, that's a goal.

If you want to autobattle all of GE with Iron Age Ballista troops and not lose 1 over the entire 5 difficulty levels, that's a goal.

Hit any goal, or a series of increasingly more difficult goals - you're a winner.