• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Where'd He Go?

PJS299

I just looked up "impaler" because apparently it's not a word...? Anyway, there was somebody named Vlad the Impaler, and when you look him up Sharmon's pfp comes up. Or, it's the same picture.

Johnny B. Goode

I just looked up "impaler" because apparently it's not a word...? Anyway, there was somebody named Vlad the Impaler, and when you look him up Sharmon's pfp comes up. Or, it's the same picture.
Impaler is most definitely a word. It refers to someone who impales others. Vlad the Impaler was a real person who was the inspiration for Dracula. He was a ruler of Wallachia in Eastern Europe in the mid-1400s. His father was Vlad Dracul, and Dracula means "son of Dracul". He was referred to as Vlad the Impaler due to his favorite form of execution, impalement.

Darkest.Knight

Maybe he'll "recover" and return to the game, they won't delete his character for a very long time even if he deleted it. I've deleted several chars and it usually takes months for them to disappear.

PJS299

Impaler is most definitely a word. It refers to someone who impales others. Vlad the Impaler was a real person who was the inspiration for Dracula. He was a ruler of Wallachia in Eastern Europe in the mid-1400s. His father was Vlad Dracul, and Dracula means "son of Dracul". He was referred to as Vlad the Impaler due to his favorite form of execution, impalement.
I have a browser extension that helps with grammar. I don't know why I have it, my spelling/grammar is usually pretty good, but I still have it. It's called LanguageTool, and it said that Impaler is not a word. It comes up with a red line underneath, and says "Possible spelling mistake found." The line's there right now.

Johnny B. Goode

I have a browser extension that helps with grammar. I don't know why I have it, my spelling/grammar is usually pretty good, but I still have it. It's called LanguageTool, and it said that Impaler is not a word. It comes up with a red line underneath, and says "Possible spelling mistake found." The line's there right now.
LOL. Okay. Keep believing your browser extension. Refuse to believe any new knowledge that isn't confirmed by one of your browser extensions. Stay uninformed. No skin off my nose. But, impaler is a word, even if they didn't load it into your browser extension's memory (or whatever they do).

xivarmy

1690315849583.png

I'd provide a link, but they don't like links on this forum :p There's also a Harper Collins and Random House Webster citation that include impaler as a derived noun.

PJS299

I'd provide a link, but they don't like links on this forum :p There's also a Harper Collins and Random House Webster citation that include impaler as a derived noun.
Yeah, I have no idea. It doesn't let me report it, either.

PJS299

LOL. Okay. Keep believing your browser extension. Refuse to believe any new knowledge that isn't confirmed by one of your browser extensions. Stay uninformed. No skin off my nose. But, impaler is a word, even if they didn't load it into your browser extension's memory (or whatever they do).
I know it's a word lol, but LanguageTool doesn't think so.