• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Why am I always put at the end in new neighborhoods?

• Thread starter DeletedUser4927
  • Start date

DeletedUser4927

Why do you always put me in neighborhoods where I am in the bottom 1/4. I am constantly plundered and have no chance of building an army strong enough to protect myself. I am in 13 worlds, and every time you move me, I am at the bottom.

It's frustrating and causes me to leave the game for weeks on end. I've even considered giving it up a few times.

Why aren't the neighborhoods more even. And if you set me in one where I'm at the end this month, move me to another where I am closer to the top the next time...

They put a man on the moon, we should be able to figure out how to even out the neighborhoods. Someone with 10,000 points shouldn't be in a neighborhood with people who have 2 million. It's just ridiculous.

DeletedUser30900

Am I the only one here think it’s funny?
Back to topic ...... no, not even gonna try

DeletedUser13736

The hoods are decided based on the TH level. Ranking points have no effect. The system should not be changed to benefit a vocal minority.

Instead, you can do one (or more) of 3 things
1.) Put down WF's or RF's.
2.) Invest in defensive GB's.
3.) Collect on time (by far the easiest).

DeletedUser26965

The system should not be changed to benefit a vocal minority
Why not, it does anyway as far as we know. They changed it once already because people complained about such wide disparities between players. Sure that's gone down now but still remains to some degree, how much we can't really know, we can sample and get a bit of an idea but IG would have a much clearer picture.

I think on Beta once in IA I was in a hood with a guy with like 30,000,000 points lol, yeah that's really fair, oh and I love the response to that too, well you can do the same, what, in 2 weeks to catch up while we're in the hood together or on the off chance I'll run into him again? lolz, no.

DeletedUser13736

Why not, it does anyway as far as we know. They changed it once already because people complained about such wide disparities between players. Sure that's gone down now but still remains to some degree, how much we can't really know, we can sample and get a bit of an idea but IG would have a much clearer picture.
But we don't know the stats. The instances in which you are referring to could actually be a majority instead of a minority. IG has the clearest picture of the stats, so what they do (probably) reflects that. Now, that argument I just used could be used against me. This particular situation may be a huge problem to players not speaking on the forums, but have sent tickets complaining. I don't know. But, from the players I've seen (on the forum) the complaints are a minority.
I think on Beta once in IA I was in a hood with a guy with like 30,000,000 points lol, yeah that's really fair, oh and I love the response to that too, well you can do the same, what, in 2 weeks to catch up while we're in the hood together or on the off chance I'll run into him again? lolz, no.

Buy a metric butt-load of diamonds and you can ;)

But in seriousness, I don't see the reason to separate the hoods based on Tech and Ranking points (or anything other than Tech). It may not be the easiest to play with a whale taking up all the water in the hood, but we don't need to segregate all the animals in the pool to have fun :)

DeletedUser26965

Any idea what he did after the PvP change?

Oh I don't know, it was quite some time ago before that I ran into him. I think I have a pic of it somewhere on this forum, god knows where though.

But we don't know the stats.

Wish we could look up and sort players by Age in the Ranking board, that would give us a pretty good idea of the picture. I'm not sure what the effect would be if say the merges were not done with tech as they are now but with Attack Power. So if you have 150 Attack Power from your GB's and Special Buildings then you get placed with people in some range of that and tier it off so there's not such a wider disparity, you know, like weight classes in Boxing and such.

DeletedUser13736

Wish we could look up and sort players by Age in the Ranking board, that would give us a pretty good idea of the picture.
Agree with that!!
Wish that was a proposal at some time...some where... lol
I'm not sure what the effect would be if say the merges were not done with tech as they are now but with Attack Power. So if you have 150 Attack Power from your GB's and Special Buildings then you get placed with people in some range of that and tier it off so there's not such a wider disparity, you know, like weight classes in Boxing and such.
So you could have FE and IA in the same age? providing they each have similar attack power? Or keep the tech together and seperate by attack power?

The first option would make it harder for lower aged players (troop stat disparity)
The second option is intriguing though...

DeletedUser26965

Agree with that!!
Wish that was a proposal at some time...some where... lol

So you could have FE and IA in the same age? providing they each have similar attack power? Or keep the tech together and seperate by attack power?

The first option would make it harder for lower aged players (troop stat disparity)
The second option is intriguing though...
I'd think you'd have to do it cross age too though, I mean I guess it all depends again on the stats we don't have but how many IA players have like 150%? So where would that guy go except up to fight stronger units but weaker players.

DeletedUser31592

I have the opposite problem. 7 worlds, and this hood rotation has me ranked: 1, 2, 3, 1, 3, 1, 2 (And this is the first time since Zorskog opened- in November- that I have not been 1st in my hood. I am 2nd behind someone who paid for their city.) And, honestly, this is worse than normal. I'm usually 1st in 5 of my 7 cities.

In multiple posts, in-between the hijacking, is your answer. Neighborhoods are formed by your progress on the tech tree. So, if you are continually at the bottom of your neighborhood, this means that you are doing worse than all the players at the exact same spot as you. You are rushing through the tech tree and you need to slow down. Make sure all buildings are from your current age (with the exception of a couple of boosted goods buildings from the previous age only, if needed). Focus on building up GBs.

I never enter a new era if I am not in the top-10 in my neighborhood. I know that if I do, I will be at the bottom of the new neighborhood and you never want that.

DeletedUser30900

I have the opposite problem. 7 worlds, and this hood rotation has me ranked: 1, 2, 3, 1, 3, 1, 2 (And this is the first time since Zorskog opened- in November- that I have not been 1st in my hood. I am 2nd behind someone who paid for their city.) And, honestly, this is worse than normal. I'm usually 1st in 5 of my 7 cities.

In multiple posts, in-between the hijacking, is your answer. Neighborhoods are formed by your progress on the tech tree. So, if you are continually at the bottom of your neighborhood, this means that you are doing worse than all the players at the exact same spot as you. You are rushing through the tech tree and you need to slow down. Make sure all buildings are from your current age (with the exception of a couple of boosted goods buildings from the previous age only, if needed). Focus on building up GBs.

I never enter a new era if I am not in the top-10 in my neighborhood. I know that if I do, I will be at the bottom of the new neighborhood and you never want that.
Comon, why would you give the right answer already, OP can sit in “I didn’t do nothing wrong but Inno hates me” mode for way longer. However, he might not listen to you so :p

DeletedUser

Why not, it does anyway as far as we know. They changed it once already because people complained about such wide disparities between players.
It is really a stretch to say that was done for a "vocal minority". In fact under the old neighborhood system the only ones that never complained were the top era players. Everybody else was at a disadvantage. Which would make it a majority, vocal or not. :)

DeletedUser26965

It is really a stretch to say that was done for a "vocal minority". In fact under the old neighborhood system the only ones that never complained were the top era players. Everybody else was at a disadvantage. Which would make it a majority, vocal or not. :)
No stretching here Stretch Longshanks;

"We have frequently received feedback from players who are dissatisfied with how neighborhood merging works...."

We have no idea what that "frequently" really means, I mean we frequently here all kinds of things yet they don't change stuff because of it so who knows what happened really. Regardless it says "feedback" and I'll bet the most feedback they receive is here on the US forum.

"We hope that this new system will eliminate the problem of players ending up in unbalanced neighborhoods."

Well, clearly there still exists unbalanced neighborhoods as a player in IA with level 100 Zeus can sit alongside a player who just started playing the game and has no GB's except that thing they give you at the beginning now.

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM

DeletedUser

We have no idea what that "frequently" really means,
I do. And you should, too, if you were playing and visiting the Forum before the hood system change. Constant complaining in-game and here. By almost everyone. Maybe you blocked it out as too traumatic. ;)

DeletedUser26965

I do. And you should, too, if you were playing and visiting the Forum before the hood system change. Constant complaining in-game and here. By almost everyone. Maybe you blocked it out as too traumatic. ;)
pfft, puleez, years of "complaints" about AF/OF goods, crickets, top three things asked everywhere; Diamonds, Expansions, turn buildings, no ,no no. Oh, the points in GvG for PvP, how many times that has come up ugh, nope nutin doin, oh but some people whine about getting plundered, yeah that's really gone away. the merge thing is merely an extension of that.

oh god how could i forget, GvG on mobile, yeah but I know you dont care about that but MILLIONS DO SHANKS

Algona

Ranking points have no effect.

Sorry but this is no longer true.

Which hood you are in is based on tech. Where you are in the hood is based on RP.

Rabid plunderers are gonna pop anyone they can but a new factor kicked in late last year: Every time any hoodie gets a DC to win fights or defeat troops they wander down to the lowest player in the hood and start beating up those poor yutzes. And as long as they are smashing the yutz in the face, mise plunder. amirite?

JCera nails the easiest way to get out from under this:

...In multiple posts, in-between the hijacking, is your answer. Neighborhoods are formed by your progress on the tech tree. So, if you are continually at the bottom of your neighborhood, this means that you are doing worse than all the players at the exact same spot as you. You are rushing through the tech tree and you need to slow down. Make sure all buildings are from your current age (with the exception of a couple of boosted goods buildings from the previous age only, if needed). Focus on building up GBs....

Hood placement manipulation has moved way up in my list of plundering mitigation steps. I've got it fourth on the generic list I pass on to new players.