• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why is Park and Plunder with GB above age allowed?

DeletedUser12620

What a bunch of whiny butts. You should have been here with the old neighborhood shuffle. You could get stuck in a neighborhood with players 5-7 ages ahead of you on the tech tree. I once got stuck in a hood with 12 of the top 20 players in Sinerania. I was ranked in the low 200s. They were in Future Era, I was in either LMA or Colonial. Now, all you have to do is keep up with the players that are within 1 era. I've played over 2 years to get to the point that I'm at right now. I rarely get attacked. I almost never get plundered. On my active worlds. My stuff gets motivated, I put up a decent-to-good defense. I mostly use buildings that can't get plundered, when I have that option. That's part of why I prefer Tribal Squares over goods buildings. Unplunderable.:cool:

We have a REAL FOE veteran here... lol ;)

Mustapha00

Believe you (ya'll) me, I understand the frustration.

Inno went to a great deal of trouble (though, in my opinion, not great enough) to introduce the concept of a player having the capability to mount an active military defense of their city and then went to a great deal of trouble (though, in my opinion, more than sufficiently great) to invalidate it, especially once certain GBs are made available and leveled sufficiently.

Am I the only one that has noticed how many of the Special Event Buildings have City Defense as one of their benefits?

Inno is trying to slap a Band Aid over an amputation. Worse, they seem unwilling to admit, publicly, at least, that there is a problem with the Plundering system at all, yet they do make attempts, some more effective than others, to balance things a bit. While I do absolutely appreciate the steps, I do wish that they would pay attention to very experienced players when they offer constructive suggestions and make positive proposals that make a whole lot of sense. It's a feature of the game that is here to stay, no doubt, but that isn't to say that changes cannot be made- even though changes to Plundering are, if I'm not mistaken, on the "Do Not Suggest" list. Inno seems to have to convince themselves that they themselves thought of the changes rather than reading player proposals on the subject. Whatever works, I guess.

DeletedUser29530

If you don't like plunder mechanics, Elvenaar is a similar game by Inno with no PvP.

DeletedUser29218

I was thinking about that very question, don't ask me why :p
But would that not break the game? It's basically like he can do an infinite amount of UBQs if your statement is completely true. And if so, then he would have access to an infinite amount of FPs, one of the random rewards, being able to level up his great buildings further, further, and even further, and if true he could be the number 1 player in Rugnir.

There is a finite amount of clicks you can do a day, so it's not really "infinite" :p

I had thought about doing it but decided not to. The main reason is that, once you factor in the amount of time you can/want to click, the output isn't as impressive anymore.

DeletedUser31505

I had this question but after reading some of the guides i can actually see why a good amount of players 'park'. As you progress it gets harder to gather coins and supplies (i recently hit a hard part in Late IA where i just couldnt get enough supplies!) So parking in an era, spending your FPs on upgrading your friends/guild-mates/neighbors GBs for the rewards, and 'farming' (although i myself avoid plundering at this time, since it would far too easy for my neighbors to return the favor, and since they finally stopped plundering me after i unlocked a few defensive rewards, i would prefer to not risk this current peace).

I'm probably going to hang out in IA until ive got at least 2 GBs. So 'parking' is actually not only a valid strategy, its a good one. Now if you end up like i was, with around 30-40 people plundering you, that can be frustrating, but as pointed out, focus on military for a while, get a solid city defense, and that wont be an issue after a time.

and as i have told repeatedly already, COLLECT ON TIME.

Oh BINGE this game on your days off...i have the next week off, and im going to spend it here, because i have no social life...

DeletedUser30312

I had this question but after reading some of the guides i can actually see why a good amount of players 'park'. As you progress it gets harder to gather coins and supplies (i recently hit a hard part in Late IA where i just couldnt get enough supplies!)

It's not really the coins and supplies that's the big deal, it's about building up things like GBs, keeping the city up to date rather than having obsolete buildings, improving combat abilities, and/or increasing the FP you can produce.

Emberguard

This thread was from 2017 xD But totally agree with the sentiment. No to the limiting of what GBs can be built or what plunderers can take based on age of GBs owned. Neither option would benefit players.

If someone is having trouble with plundering they should keep in mind plunderers can never touch
- GBs
- motivated buildings
- Any Age buildings
- disconnected buildings
- tavern shielded city (if they have not yet attacked within 24 hrs prior to the shield going up)
- more then one building per plunderer per 24 hrs