• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why is Park and Plunder with GB above age allowed?

DeletedUser28670

Oh yeah I totally forgot about the abort aspect of it :)
Takes me 10 minutes to loop my 38 blacksmith city and that's only 19 quests and I'm getting bored already LOL.

DeletedUser28670

You could ask Cosmic Raven what the boredom factor is in heavy questing/quest looping, except he quit playing about a month and a half ago. And he never got close to #1 on Noarsil, even with being the master of heavy questing. :cool:
Now we just need to formally appoint a new CR to answer all his acolyte's questions in his place :p

Czari

The manly kind.

Please tell me that you play in Jaims.

Though possibly, you'd like Greifental even better.

There are two kinds of paying players in this game, the type that blows their money on premium buildings that become junk in two ages and fly up the tech tree, and the type that may or may not park in an age, but spends their money where it counts -- buying expansions and very useful buildings like Rogue Hideouts, SoKs, WWs, and the like. Or possibly they spend on a full set of bps and the goods to quickly set up good GBs.

I've fought the first kind of player and they're easy to beat because they haven't bothered to learn any of the game fundamentals. The second kind of player has already responded to this thread and they tend to be among the better players.

Well said! I will just add that the type of player who rushes through the tech tree ends up hitting a wall sooner than later because they don't have the goods to do most anything. From my experience they either (a) quit playing or (b) start begging for goods...constantly...in guild chat.

DeletedUser26120

Quest looping is easier in beta, they removed the popup confirmations.

DeletedUser27849

I get plundering is part of the game. My question: Why are players allowed to build Great Buildings beyond their age?

Everything in game is linked to the age (maps, buildings, diamond expansions, etc.) – everything that is EXCEPT Great Buildings. This gives players who ‘park’ in an age an unfair advantage. And in my opinion – it undermines one of the games main attractions. (This is supposed to be a strategy game. What kind of strategy is it to park and plunder with a superior advantage?)

First – I do not believe it should be allowed.

Second – If allowed, at least restrict it to one age above or at a minimum place some in-game restrictions on those who abuse the spirit of the game.

Additional Info:
I have seen many players leave the game because of this type of abuse. Less players – less purchases. I also suspect ‘parked’ players make few if any in game purchases. Why should they? They have no incentive. That in itself should be enough motivation for the game developers to do something.

I play in 3 worlds. Currently in HMA. In every world I have at least 1 player who has ‘parked’ in that age. Some as high as 1.2 million points. In HMA, really! They do nothing but build Great Buildings and plunder. They put no effort into developing any other part of the game. They max out Military bonuses – so there is no way you can defend or attack back in kind if so inclined. A sense of fairness is fundamental to sustaining continued game play. Make game play futile - or even give the impression - people quit.

The one part of it you are missing the point of about higher age GB is this. You don't have the experience at what it takes to participate at higher ages, both on the map and in GE. It doesn't get easier, it gets harder. So if your smart you get those GB's and get them leveled up before you move on past Colonial age. You see once you get into Industrial age (I believe is where it starts could be Colonial) GE starts with the encounters having a boost at the start. The continent maps as you go higher will increase the amount of boost the army you are facing. Not to mention their regular attack and defense boost is higher. So it benefits you to have those buildings and get your own attack and defense boost much higher to limit how much your troops get damage.

Now lets look at the other side of it, having the Traz means less barracks you need if you are a fighter and you produce more each day not just once. This means you don't have to wait till you heal to fight again, you can keep fighting and really helps if you have Rogues. Also goes for the Innovation Tower, means you can delete all your residential buildings. The Cape just produces forge points who doesn't need that. The Chateau gives bonus' to the quest you do. Would you like me to keep going as to why you shouldn't limit yourself to just your age level buildings as some of the buildings are not worth building at all.

So before you go off and say that it shouldn't be allowed maybe you should learn the game and understand the strategy of how to improve your city to not get plundered. In my first city I have 13 GB's and still sitting in LMA and I have been playing just under a year. So I have set my city up that when I am ready to move up I can move up through the ERA's at a decent pace and be more productive than if I just rush up through the ERA's as your stated should happen. And, I will benefit from it more than you would.

Czari

The one part of it you are missing the point of about higher age GB is this. You don't have the experience at what it takes to participate at higher ages, both on the map and in GE. It doesn't get easier, it gets harder. So if your smart you get those GB's and get them leveled up before you move on past Colonial age. You see once you get into Industrial age (I believe is where it starts could be Colonial) GE starts with the encounters having a boost at the start. The continent maps as you go higher will increase the amount of boost the army you are facing. Not to mention their regular attack and defense boost is higher. So it benefits you to have those buildings and get your own attack and defense boost much higher to limit how much your troops get damage.

Now lets look at the other side of it, having the Traz means less barracks you need if you are a fighter and you produce more each day not just once. This means you don't have to wait till you heal to fight again, you can keep fighting and really helps if you have Rogues. Also goes for the Innovation Tower, means you can delete all your residential buildings. The Cape just produces forge points who doesn't need that. The Chateau gives bonus' to the quest you do. Would you like me to keep going as to why you shouldn't limit yourself to just your age level buildings as some of the buildings are not worth building at all.

So before you go off and say that it shouldn't be allowed maybe you should learn the game and understand the strategy of how to improve your city to not get plundered. In my first city I have 13 GB's and still sitting in LMA and I have been playing just under a year. So I have set my city up that when I am ready to move up I can move up through the ERA's at a decent pace and be more productive than if I just rush up through the ERA's as your stated should happen. And, I will benefit from it more than you would.

Also well said. :)

DeletedUser29563

good points, I have learned quite a bit from investing time in reading forum threads.
I realize I may not always come across as I may intend, and readily accept any and all criticism. Though I may not take all advice, I want to hear and see others points of ponder.
I can see..and agree with Ardak's point of view on this.
That being said...I am certain you didn't intend this to be offensive. And my opinion of you as a poster here is unchanged.
As a Forum Pundit, there are four topics I never touch.
1. Sexual.
2. Racial.
3. Religious.
4. Politics.

I make no references, I make no innuendos.

View attachment 6417

Any person on the planet can sit down and read these forums.
What might seem like a funny reference to you.
Is tasteless, crude and common to others who've seen it a 1000 times before.
The readers don't visit the FoE forums to see writing of that nature.

If you want to talk like that in private channels, with like-minded people, that's alright.
But to join a public forum and make sexual references until everyone blocks you, is your call.
You give yourself time in the spotlight when you come here.
Make that time count and be good for you.

Also, all people can judge you on, is what you say.
Step back for a moment and read your own writing.
As if you were someone else.
What kind of impression would you give yourself?
My impression of you Ardak...for what it's worth.
Respectful
Respected
And a class act.
Keep it up

DeletedUser29651

I'll give you the interesting idea.

I would say it isn't something you can retroactively change on an already existing world but I see no reason Inno couldn't create a new world with that limitation.

Honestly, I don't get how people can play on more than one world since everything is essentially the same on all of them.

I think it would be very interesting if different words had different properties, some to offset others. So in mystical world where you can only get gb one age up, maybe fp is generated every 35 minutes instead.

Maybe some world military weaknesses are different.

TL,DR: nothing wrong with trying something different on a newly created world where everyone knows what's going on from the beginning.

Good idea but like you mentioned you cannot change retroactively.

There are plenty of equitable solutions if FOE really wanted to level the playing field against park and plunderers:

What is that plunderers seek most?
1. Forge Points
2. Goods

Place plundering limits on these goods and the problem fixes itself.

For example:
· Build GB 1 age above era – cannot plunder forge points
· Build GB 2 ages above era – reduce goods by 50%
· Build GB 3 ages above era – cannot plunder any goods

FOE claims it limits those who abuse but results don't bear this out.
3 worlds - have had at least one every week in every world since first post.
Most cases able to make good friends but there are always the exceptions.

DeletedUser24787

All I needed to see.
i_see_you_by_animelover0831-d5elbgu.jpg

DeletedUser29651

Let me show you an Exquisite LMA Gamer.

Meet Shroomy01 of Rugnir.

View attachment 6334

View attachment 6335

View attachment 6336
View attachment 6337

Shroomy01 taught me how the Arc works.

Great aspect of the game - multiple strategies for personal style of game play.

But my point still stands. Someone at your level should not be allowed to plunder with such an unfair advantage - whether or not you plunder.

Put everyone with an arc and traz in the same neighborhood regardless of age. THAT would be fair!

DeletedUser29651

Good idea but like you mentioned you cannot change retroactively.

There are plenty of equitable solutions if FOE really wanted to level the playing field against park and plunderers:

What is that plunderers seek most?
1. Forge Points
2. Goods

Place plundering limits on these goods and the problem fixes itself.

For example:
· Build GB 1 age above era – cannot plunder forge points
· Build GB 2 ages above era – reduce goods by 50%
· Build GB 3 ages above era – cannot plunder any goods

FOE claims it limits those who abuse but results don't bear this out.
3 worlds - have had at least one every week in every world since first post.
Most cases able to make good friends but there are always the exceptions.

Or even a better idea - put all the players who have an ARC and/or TRAZ in the same neighborhood REGARDLESS of age.

DeletedUser28970

Or even a better idea - put all the players who have an ARC and/or TRAZ in the same neighborhood REGARDLESS of age.

(Hi, Cyrus)
Works for me ... BUT ... the outdated DNSL makes it totally impossible to suggest anything to limit plundering, including this facet. The plunderers pretty much have it guaranteed that their bodily orifices are watertight ... just like frogs ... or ugly ol' toads

DeletedUser

What a bunch of whiny butts. You should have been here with the old neighborhood shuffle. You could get stuck in a neighborhood with players 5-7 ages ahead of you on the tech tree. I once got stuck in a hood with 12 of the top 20 players in Sinerania. I was ranked in the low 200s. They were in Future Era, I was in either LMA or Colonial. Now, all you have to do is keep up with the players that are within 1 era. I've played over 2 years to get to the point that I'm at right now. I rarely get attacked. I almost never get plundered. On my active worlds. My stuff gets motivated, I put up a decent-to-good defense. I mostly use buildings that can't get plundered, when I have that option. That's part of why I prefer Tribal Squares over goods buildings. Unplunderable.:cool: