• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why not protect users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

For now yes. However, the fact it's possible at all does leave open the possibility of achieving 150+ attrition becoming a common meta, particularly if anything game-changing is introduced in new features, or if players work something out with current mechanics to make it easier that then becomes wide-spread.

hajiboy

Sorry but this makes no sense. If bot users can fight 20x faster, then they would most definitely negatively impact other players' number of battles. If they capture the sectors then you cannot battle in them. Since you get in about 12,500 battles each week bot use doesn't seem to be a problem for you (and it's not for me either). IMO, FOE bot use is more myth than fact and INNO responds appropriately considering the actual impact on other players.

They impact both the number of battles and the ability to compete for sectors. This impacts whether a guild can be competitive on the server. Fortunately, in GbG, they do run out of attrition eventually, but not before they setup their guild with key sectors. My battles mainly come from grave yard GbG where we have very little participation and it's easy to get in 2K or more fights overnight with 4 or more SCs. If I played move GvG unimpeded by bots, I would have another few thousand battles each week.

Ebeondi Asi

I can say I have never had a problem in GbG.
Unless your own Guild is using bots you would not have any problem farming.
The incessant claim that bots seem to be everywhere(, for You.. (who by the way are annoying changing your username to pretend you are a new person whining about bots.. Does not fly dude) ) is a great oddity.
I would guess you are a SuperHero? Because all SuperHeros attract Super Villains. that is a Comic Book rule. So maybe your just attracting all the bot users in Foe Universe to you? I am betting in that being true, since you seem to have endless problems in that area.

Last edited:

Reaver fka Rand

I recently joined a guild that previous guildies were sure was using bots. I wanted to see for myself. Also, I recently aged up to Future Era, and my boosts are at about 1000/900. I can now auto battle 8 to 10 times with 2 Hover Tanks and 6 Rogues before reloading troops. On the first morning of GBG we will typically have 10 to 20 guildies ready to fight. Imagine 20 players being able to auto battle 10 times without stopping. It certainly will look like a bunch of bots, but it’s not. It’s just plain awesome! The biggest problem is getting folks to stop at 140 on a sector we want to soft lock.

Execkid

My issue with BOTs is with the leader board. BOT users are getting thousands of fights a day, which equates to millions of points and vaulting them up the leader board. People who do not use BOTs but are competitive do not stand a chance. The guy below me had 5,000 fights and then 2,500 fights the last 2 days of GBG and he is in a guild by himself. This is only possible with BOTs so why can't INNO use a script to test how these users with over 1,000 fights a day are clicking so they can smell out the BOT users and ban them forever.

I play this game because I am competitive, but when cheaters eliminate the ability to fairly compete I will be looking for somewhere else to spend my time and money! INNO must get rid of BOT users or they will see many users who spend lots of money leave this game and a great place to start is to target users who are getting thousands of fights a day, which mostly likely is highlighting a BOT user and can be confirmed by using scripts to determine the consistency of their clicks.

Pericles the Lion

My issue with BOTs is with the leader board. BOT users are getting thousands of fights a day, which equates to millions of points and vaulting them up the leader board. People who do not use BOTs but are competitive do not stand a chance. The guy below me had 5,000 fights and then 2,500 fights the last 2 days of GBG and he is in a guild by himself. This is only possible with BOTs so why can't INNO use a script to test how these users with over 1,000 fights a day are clicking so they can smell out the BOT users and ban them forever.

I play this game because I am competitive, but when cheaters eliminate the ability to fairly compete I will be looking for somewhere else to spend my time and money! INNO must get rid of BOT users or they will see many users who spend lots of money leave this game and a great place to start is to target users who are getting thousands of fights a day, which mostly likely is highlighting a BOT user and can be confirmed by using scripts to determine the consistency of their clicks.
No Bots required....1000 battles in a day is a piece of cake for an active player with decent attack/defense boosts and who is a member of a GBG-competitive guild. Just because you cannot do it doesn't mean those that can are cheating.

MJ Artisan of War

5,000 one day then 2,500 the next seems a bit high for a player who isn't cheating Pericles.... 1,000 a day is possible though agreed.

Ebeondi Asi

1000 in an hour or more in GbG can easily be done if the Guild is holding half the map (particularly at night) . If a player is working something in GvG with a different-Guild partner and want to go at it all day, (no bot) 5000 is certainly doable in a day.( i would not spend the time, but others seem to.)

Execkid

No Bots required....1000 battles in a day is a piece of cake for an active player with decent attack/defense boosts and who is a member of a GBG-competitive guild. Just because you cannot do it doesn't mean those that can are cheating.
I know that about 1,000 but is 5,000 ad day possible for a person in a guild by themselves, doing it manually? I don't think so! I set the threshold at 1,000 as the point to start checking them with scripts, because not that many do 1,000 a day and there is no need to check everyone, but if that is too low set it at 2,000 or higher if needed, either way it is not the number of fights that will determine if they are a cheat, it is the scripts INNO can use to see if they are clicking on the same pixels for every fight, which is impossible to do manually for anyone!

Ebeondi Asi

I am assuming Execkid (2 posts) can't read prior posts? And being a new member is highly suspect, since he is most likely the same person who endlessy pusheds this agenda of bots.
So basically what the person who is endlessly pushing this topic along has done is make any and all new posters on this topic totally suspect.

Last edited:

Execkid

I know that about 1,000 but is 5,000 ad day possible for a person in a guild by themselves, doing it manually? I don't think so! I set the threshold at 1,000 as the point to start checking them with scripts, because not that many do 1,000 a day and there is no need to check everyone, but if that is too low set it at 2,000 or higher if needed, either way it is not the number of fights that will determine if they are a cheat, it is the scripts INNO can use to see if they are clicking on the same pixels for every fight, which is impossible to do manually for anyone!
Also, for a little perspective; assuming you sleep, eat, etc so playing time is limited to 16 hours or 57,600 seconds, you would need to play for 16 hours straight and complete a fight an average of every 11.5 seconds to get 5,000 fights. My hand is tired just thinking about it - LoL.

Pericles the Lion

Also, for a little perspective; assuming you sleep, eat, etc so playing time is limited to 16 hours or 57,600 seconds, you would need to play for 16 hours straight and complete a fight an average of every 11.5 seconds to get 5,000 fights. My hand is tired just thinking about it - LoL.
OF is a bit tougher but when I was in FE I could auto-battle @ 1 battle per second. Being conservative, @ 1 battle every 2 seconds it would take a player 167 minutes to complete 5000 battles. It's possible, I wouldn't do it but that's me. YMMV. The player that you are referring to is the #5 ranked player on your world and is in a low-diamond single player guild. Depending on the matchups it's very possible for him to have the opportunity to swap sectors with other guilds on the map with each swap having the potential for something like 2500 battles. At his ranking, it's conceivable that the goods' requirements for building siege camps is no obstacle. While he may, indeed, be using an auto-clicker it's very possible that he is not. Should INNO investigate? Maybe they have...who's to know besides INNO?

DevaCat

The post #148 says the guy had 5000 fights (to that point I assumed you meant) and then 2500 fights the last two days of GBB. Now you’re going on about 5000 fights a day. Want to make up your mind about what you’re claiming?

Emberguard

complete a fight an average of every 11.5 seconds to get 5,000 fights
If it’s taking 11.5 seconds for a single fight, probably have slow internet or a slow device. 2-3 seconds would be more reasonable, and as Pericles said some players can legitimately fight within a second.

So it’d be more like 2.7-4.1 hrs (for 2-3 seconds per fight)

Sure it’s worth investigating, but 2-4 hrs isn’t that unreasonable if they have a lot of spare time

The post #148 says the guy had 5000 fights (to that point I assumed you meant) and then 2500 fights the last two days of GBB. Now you’re going on about 5000 fights a day. Want to make up your mind about what you’re claiming?
which would half the time needed

forgeonoff

It's very difficult to ban anyone based on the number of fights per day they do. High level players can average 1 fight per second in GbG. On the larger GbG map that Inno introduced this year, there is more opportunity for farming and setting up 100% no attrition sectors. One needs to examine the map. It's rather difficult for a single-guild player to do thousands of fights per day if key sectors can only be taken with 3 SC support. Even with 4 SC support, if a player does 2000 fights, their attrition will rise ~80 attrition levels. So, there are limits, but they are dictated by the map layout.

Bot usage ruins GbG in multiple ways. Bot users can win key sectors for their guild easily because they can fight and negotiate significantly faster than regular users. Then, the guild can typically have a run of the map. If that guild is in a good position after reset, the bot users can devastate the whole map as long as they are able to keep their attrition down via high SC support. Bot users ruin GbG because they can fight faster, not because they can do more fights.

Ebeondi Asi

Posts like "forgeonoff" seeing a single post from a new user of the Forum, immediately makes me think his post is more spam for our insane guy reposting a lot of garbage over bots. (all deleted btw) So The message from means nothing forgeonoff since the guy going crazy over bots has destroyed any credibility of any new person posting anything about the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.