• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why not protect users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blunderpie

Why do you suppose Inno doesn't deal with bot users? Do they make more money by letting bot users proliferate in this game? Are they understaffed? Maybe they don't care at all?

On our server the same 3 bot users have been reported for months with plenty of evidence showing they are using bots. Inno has never addressed this issue and allowed them to dominate the server.

Kranyar the Mysterious

All hail our AI overlords!

But seriously, another of these posts? You have no way of knowing for sure they are using bots, you suspect they are. You report it, and only Inno knows what they can determine, if anything. If nothing happened then either you are wrong or Inno can't make a determination with certainty, or they just like bots, we'll never know. Your option is to quit or keep playing anyway. The choice is yours.

blunderpie

Determining whether a player is using bots is often not that difficult. When a single player takes out a fully loaded sector with strong DAs on the AA map in GvG in 20 seconds, they are using a bot. When a single player kills a strong siege army in 0.5 seconds, they are using a bot. No human player can fight that fast no matter what their computer or internet speed is. Any experienced GvG fighter will attest to that. The sad thing is, Inno was even told which bot software these users are employing and they still do nothing about it. Why don't they? That is the question of the day.

The thing is players have spent money on this game, expecting a fair game and Inno's terms to be enforced. When Inno is not enforcing their own rules they are defrauding paying players.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Man, give it up. This is not the venue for this subject. Report what you see and let Inno deal with it. The bot users, assuming there are any, aren't hurting you. GvG is not worth getting worked up about. It's just meaningless ranking points. If you can't beat them or join them, just quit playing with them. Find another GvG map or another game feature to occupy your time. Sheesh.

blunderpie

I use the word strong DA so that players don't think the player employing a bot is fighting against rogues only.
To answer your question, no, a single player cannot take out a siege = 10 armies in 0.5 seconds. No a single player cannot do 80 fights in 20 seconds. Try playing in GvG on the AA map as fast as you can and tell us how fast you can do 10 fights. Make sure to include the time it takes to swap out injured troops.

Why is GvG important? Because GvG determines guild rank. Guild rank influences recruitment. All of that combined determines how much fun a player has. When a guild gets to the top and oppresses all the other guilds with bots, they are ruining the game for hundreds of players, many of whom have paid to play.

You don't see the problem with your suggestion to give up on a bot dominated world and go to another one? It takes years to get to a high level and there is no guarantee the other world won't employ bots either. The only guarantee so far is that Inno does nothing to remedy the bot problem.

Kranyar the Mysterious

80 fights in 20 seconds.
Wait, in your last thread it was 100 fights in a minute. Now it is 80 fights in 20 seconds. I call BS! Your credibility is lacking and I no longer believe you have any facts to back your claims, and is probably why Inno has done nothing. It was probably just a normal amount of fights in a normal amount of time is what I think.

blunderpie

You have a nack for twisting facts and what you've read. It was not 100 fights in a minute. Your credibility is sinking. I mentioned that these bot users have been clocked at over 200 fights per minute. In another video - and yes, there have been hundreds of videos accumulated by different users on our server that show these events - a single user takes out 80 DAs in 20 seconds. And in another video 2 bot users run circles around 40 players playing at the same time. Get your facts straight before you hurl unsubstantiated accusations.

blunderpie

You don't think the hundreds of players that have been screwed by bot users care about it? I suppose they all submitted tickets to support with video evidence for the fun of it. Players that have spent years to get to where they, some who spent thousands of dollars, only to have it all ruined by bots and Inno's inaction? Inno has defrauded all these players because they do not uphold their rules.

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Hi there,

We've been always working on improving our tools and methods against bots usage, and we thank you for your concerns. However, respectfully, claiming "Inno doesn't deal with bot users? Do they make more money by letting bot users proliferate in this game? Are they understaffed? Maybe they don't care at all?" is ignorance.

I'm really sorry if you feel frustrated about this matter, and I can assure you this topic isn't going unnoticed, and we have been dealing with ir through the proper channels: whenever you find a breach of rules, send us a ticket and we'll investigate and take action when we confirm the infraction.

Not noticing an action does not mean we haven't been acting.

RazorbackPirate

Sorry, @LeCron. That noise ain't gonna cut it.

The evidence of Bot usage is overwhelming and has been for years. However, in all this time the one thing no one has been able to point to is an example where a player, obviously using bots, has had their account permanently removed. When the account remains, Inno has done nothing. Own it.

The burning question then becomes, why does Inno continue to do nothing? You can blah dee blah the topic till the cows come home, but until we see accounts disappearing, it's all just happy gas. So much happy gas, you ban the very discussion of the issue. I guess if we can't discuss Inno's inaction, Inno's inaction isn't really happening, right?

If you are doing something, prove it. Publicly. "Oh, but we can't because..." Nonsense. Change your rules to state anyone caught cheating will be publicly made an example of, and any negotiated settlements with accounts found in violation of the rules will have the details of the settlement made public. It's not like you're doxing people publicly announcing the screen name of guilty parties.

No. Inno set it up that way to hide behind their inaction. Inaction that benefits them financially, if only to allow them to not invest in the resources needed to find and eliminate cheaters. How do we know Inno benefits financially? Because if Inno thought, in any way, that enforcing the rules and being transparent about it would make them more money, they would have done so already.

You've read my posts over the years. You know I will defend Inno when defense is warranted. Here it is not. On this issue Inno's record is dismal. I get it. It's too expensive to deal with, so happy gas it is. I get that too. Blowing the smoke comes with the job.

Pericles the Lion

Sorry, @LeCron. That noise ain't gonna cut it.

The evidence of Bot usage is overwhelming and has been for years. However, in all this time the one thing no one has been able to point to is an example where a player, obviously using bots, has had their account permanently removed. When the account remains, Inno has done nothing. Own it.

The burning question then becomes, why does Inno continue to do nothing? You can blah dee blah the topic till the cows come home, but until we see accounts disappearing, it's all just happy gas. So much happy gas, you ban the very discussion of the issue. I guess if we can't discuss Inno's inaction, Inno's inaction isn't really happening, right?

If you are doing something, prove it. Publicly. "Oh, but we can't because..." Nonsense. Change your rules to state anyone caught cheating will be publicly made an example of, and any negotiated settlements with accounts found in violation of the rules will have the details of the settlement made public. It's not like you're doxing people publicly announcing the screen name of guilty parties.

No. Inno set it up that way to hide behind their inaction. Inaction that benefits them financially, if only to allow them to not invest in the resources needed to find and eliminate cheaters. How do we know Inno benefits financially? Because if Inno thought, in any way, that enforcing the rules and being transparent about it would make them more money, they would have done so already.

You've read my posts over the years. You know I will defend Inno when defense is warranted. Here it is not. On this issue Inno's record is dismal. I get it. It's too expensive to deal with, so happy gas it is. I get that too. Blowing the smoke comes with the job.
Nice rant. If you don't mind me asking, why the righteous indignation? All the examples of alleged bot use that have been mentioned are limited to GvG which is a game feature that you do not use. Show me how alleged bot users are harming players that do not do GvG (like me) and, maybe, I'll support the "cause". Otherwise, it's just tilting at windmills.

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
I'm curious, how many bot users has Inno banned in the last 12 months?

Sorry, not gonna happen. But I can tell you that it's been several accounts where we could confirm the infraction. I'd say countless.

(...)
The burning question then becomes, why does Inno continue to do nothing?
(...)
You've read my posts over the years. You know I will defend Inno when defense is warranted. Here it is not.

I'm sorry, but we really cannot and will not give any details of our findings or investigations. It's one of our policies.

Well, like I said before: Not noticing an action does not mean we haven't been acting.

And that's the beauty of a Community Forum... you can have an share your opinions and feedback in a constructive way, and we'll be happy to forward them to the relevant teams. And of course you can disagree and etc... we'll always be open for a constructive discussion/debate. :)

By now, I thank you for expressing your thoughts and I assure you that they won't go unnoticed. If we have any news from our developers about what's been done that we can share with you, then we'll let you know.

I don't know if you've been reporting them through tickets because honestly I don't recall answering you there, but in case you've been, you can continue helping us by reporting any tools you might find over the internet, any videos that you might find explaining bots and scripts usage, and reporting any players that you believe are using them. Whenever you find something that you feel we need to investigate, send us a ticket and we'll be on it.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Sorry, not gonna happen. But I can tell you that it's been several accounts where we could confirm the infraction. I'd say countless.

Well, like I said before: Not noticing an action does not mean we haven't been acting.
Is it several or is it countless? Slight difference between the rwo. And if it's countless and the player community can't notice a difference then there is a serious problem.

I was giving blunderpie grief above because he was creating multiple accounts to bypass forum rules that we all have to live by, and was being inconsistent in his remarks. Not because I don't believe there aren't countless bots.

I can go into my tickets on both of my accounts and see that Inno has never deleted any of the reported accounts of cheaters. Not the easy Player01 through Player 99 accounts all in the same guild push account issue. All still there. Not even the one where the player flat out told me the website and name of bot he used in a pm almost two years ago, and he still brags about his bot use to this day openly. So sorry if we seem just a little skeptical about Inno doing squat about this issue.

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Is it several or is it countless? Slight difference between the rwo. And if it's countless and the player community can't notice a difference then there is a serious problem.

I was giving blunderpie grief above because he was creating multiple accounts to bypass forum rules that we all have to live by, and was being inconsistent in his remarks. Not because I don't believe there aren't countless bots.

I can go into my tickets on both of my accounts and see that Inno has never deleted any of the reported accounts of cheaters. Not the easy Player01 through Player 99 accounts all in the same guild push account issue. All still there. Not even the one where the player flat out told me the website and name of bot he used in a pm almost two years ago, and he still brags about his bot use to this day openly. So sorry if we seem just a little skeptical about Inno doing squat about this issue.

Sorry, sometimes I might not make myself clear enough. English is not my native language.

I meant that we've banned so many accounts that I can't count, but even if I could, I'm afraid we weren't going to discuss or talk about it.

And about the player bragging about the bot he uses, do you still have any info about it so we can take a look? (Or another look) In case you do, please send us a ticket.

iPenguinPat

For the record, I have had players send me multiple videos of bot that do everything from gbg to ge to recurring quests to attacking while neighborhoods and aiding all friends and guild members.

The evidence for gbg and gvg bots is overwhelming.

Even when players are caught, big name players never get the permaban they deserve. Saw someone doing 70 fights in 20 seconds. He was inactive (banned? ) for 7 days, then went right back to business like nothing ever happened. He's been doing it for years.

Until to ranked players start getting perm bans for bots, players will continue to (understandably) believe that inno doesn't care and act accordingly.

Mods/Cm - feel free to pm me for video evidence. Logs Will verify the authenticity.

Edit: the steps in the right direction with the forums gives me hope for cheat detection. This has been slow in coming.

The consequences of cheating need to be harsh and unmistakable (I.e. When a top 20 player gets permabanned. Ppl notice, you don't have to say anything)

Last edited:

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
For the record, I have had players send me multiple videos of bot that do everything from gbg to ge to recurring quests to attacking while neighborhoods and aiding all friends and guild members.

The evidence for gbg and gvg bots is overwhelming.

Even when players are caught, big name players never get the permaban they deserve. Saw someone doing 70 fights in 20 seconds. He was inactive (banned? ) for 7 days, then went right back to business like nothing ever happened. He's been doing it for years.

Until to ranked players start getting perm bans for bots, players will continue to (understandably) believe that inno doesn't care and act accordingly.

Mods/Cm - feel free to pm me for video evidence. Logs Will verify the authenticity.

Edit: the steps in the right direction with the forums gives me hope for cheat detection. This has been slow in coming.

The consequences of cheating need to be harsh and unmistakable (I.e. When a top 20 player gets permabanned. Ppl notice, you don't have to say anything)

We appreciate the feedback, and please send us the video evidences and everything else you find relevant in a ticket. It's the proper channel for such reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.