• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wildlife Event 2023 Feedback

stymie of Suwannee

I got the Panda Pathway Selection kit, not much for me to use, so the Panda Reserve/Shrine will be on it's own, no chain. In the selection kit are the following buildings, all 4x2

Lotus Flower Lake - 6 FP. well, for someone looking for FP's it is nice at .75 per tile. I joined beta to see events ahead of time, right at the beginning of this event, I got 8 of them, 48 FP, really, really helps with leveling those GB's. So, new players and FP seekers, nice add on.
Purple Bamboo Park - Gives scaled defending defense, best case, 15% Blue D for SAJM. L2 ritual flame, 2x1, 12% D. This one is a bust in the city but will be popular in the AD for sale.
Bamboo Bridge - Gives scaled defending attack same as the park, 15% Blue A for SAJM. 4-L2 Tacts, half the space, 16%. So another AD item.
Note: For lower ages, the PBP and BB are even worse in comparison.

So, I guess we need to change the phrase, "If you believe that, I have a bridge AND PARK in Brooklyn to sell you" Maybe we can add, "To get there, just follow the signs to Lotus Flower Lake"
Not surprised yet another chain starts as stinking.

But as to the ongoing evolution of Event buildings, it‘s a whale trap. I’m busy waiting for last year‘s building (come on Heroes Tavern), while the whale is getting ready to throw away last year, whether they know it or not. It wasn’t as much a problem last year, half of the buildings stank. How do we wow the cash cow next year?

rykman

This event is a total joke, I played several games where there was no paws until so late in the game that it was impossible to get it down, Well I beat that this game, I played the whole game and not 1 paw not even possibility of 5 tile grouping. how is this possible, completely wasted board.

This has to be the worst mini game event they have. All I have gotten is wasted time!!

Dursland

I was without power for a week but managed to make it to the library to play this event.

I am in some serious need of tips. I looked up candy crush and the #1 tip was to "start from the bottom" so I did that on my first 4 boards and it worked great. Got lots of paws and chests.

Then 2nd day when I used my tickets, it did not work at all. I got very difficult boards and ended up using lots of hammers to get my paws.

I read mooingcat's guide and watched his video but he didn't really have any tips other than "plan ahead" - unless I missed them.

Sure wish we had an AI solver for this one, I bet it would do amazingly.

UBERhelp1

I was without power for a week but managed to make it to the library to play this event.

I am in some serious need of tips. I looked up candy crush and the #1 tip was to "start from the bottom" so I did that on my first 4 boards and it worked great. Got lots of paws and chests.

Then 2nd day when I used my tickets, it did not work at all. I got very difficult boards and ended up using lots of hammers to get my paws.

I read mooingcat's guide and watched his video but he didn't really have any tips other than "plan ahead" - unless I missed them.

There really is no good strategy other than just planning ahead

xivarmy

How boring would it be to have the game played for you :p

The problem with making a "solver" is you don't know what new tiles are going to be dropped in the top. So you'd have to update it every move.

At any rate, in general it's usually better to start from the top with a plan as to how to handle the bottom. A match at the bottom can mess up stuff at the top, but a match at the top changes nothing at the bottom. But sometimes you might want to avoid a match at the top because one of the colors in it is something you need to drop to the bottom.

Usually I just look at the colors underneath a paw and plot out where each of them are coming from - sometimes they're nearby. sometimes it means figuring out how to match off the right number of stuff on an adjacent column to drop a match into place. Sometimes it involves clearing large numbers of tiles hoping something new drops in. Once I figure out which matches i'm doing it's usually taking them from top to bottom for the aforementioned reason.

The big "avoid" is checkerboard patterns. Especially involving chests/paws. They can be very difficult to unlock.

Dursland

How boring would it be to have the game played for you :p
That would be boring, I just want assistance with this minigame part. Not all of FoE. I don't even use any plugins to play. Straight up calculator + notepad for info.

It's also about maximizing what I get from the event. I used mooingcat's solver for Anniversary Event and it seemed to put me miles ahead of others. People were quoting 35k diamonds for a second tower and I got it with 10k diamonds.

xivarmy

That would be boring, I just want assistance with this minigame part. Not all of FoE. I don't even use any plugins to play. Straight up calculator + notepad for info.

It's also about maximizing what I get from the event. I used mooingcat's solver for Anniversary Event and it seemed to put me miles ahead of others. People were quoting 35k diamonds for a second tower and I got it with 10k diamonds.
And I meant the event would be boring to have it played for you ;)

I'm surprised you did so well on the anniversary event though :) Congrats :)

Dursland

Finally took a close look at the premium prize line. Seems to be similar to St Patrick's - only worth buying if you want the golden upgrade and extra upgrade kits. There's a couple mt reserve kits so that's not bad either but overall not a great premium prize line.

Not interested in those 2x2s. The 2x2 in summer event is better because it doesn't require road.

UBERhelp1

Finally took a close look at the premium prize line. Seems to be similar to St Patrick's - only worth buying if you want the golden upgrade and extra upgrade kits. There's a couple mt reserve kits so that's not bad either but overall not a great premium prize line.

Not interested in those 2x2s. The 2x2 in summer event is better because it doesn't require road.
You only get one of them in Summer though, and that's from the calendar.

Dursland

You only get one of them in Summer though, and that's from the calendar.
Cringed when you mentioned calendar, hadn't seen that feature.

If the setup is the same as winter event then forget about it lol.

Back to Wildlife - I won 3 Tactician Tower upgrades yesterday and 2 Sentinel Outposts today. Looks like daily has a good chance of hitting.

I thought about selling the TT upgrades but hid them from AD instead, in case I change my mind about not using Tactician Towers.

UBERhelp1

Cringed when you mentioned calendar, hadn't seen that feature.

If the setup is the same as winter event then forget about it lol.

Back to Wildlife - I won 3 Tactician Tower upgrades yesterday and 2 Sentinel Outposts today. Looks like daily has a good chance of hitting.

I thought about selling the TT upgrades but hid them from AD instead, in case I change my mind about not using Tactician Towers.
It's worse than the winter calendar. Instead of a calendar key every board, there's only about a 33% chance that the key will be on a board. But it's balanced so that you can actually play the minigame more than winter.

Orius Maximus

Calendar? That's not something I want to read.

I'm remembering why I hated this event so much last year. The cost for boosters are ridiculous. And to many games are lousy with the paws, either there's not enough of them, or clearing things out underneath them is difficult. It wouldn't be as much of a problem problem if you had enough boosters to compensate for the poor RNG.

Dursland

Should have stuck with reno kit - swapped into vineyard estate lol. I was really disappointed until I looked at my tickets timer and realized I don't need to use one until the daily switches again. Got like a 2 hour gap. Awesome!

Love this 32 hour timer instead of 24.

CDmark

Did everyone get the 200 coin bonus? I saw the email but I didn't select it, it was a pop up in the game. At first I didn't select it, thought it was a diamond sale, really didn't even read it. Came back next login, read it, selected it in X. Pop up was in G, selected, no coin. So, I guess it was the email but I didn't go thru the email.

Dursland

Did everyone get the 200 coin bonus? I saw the email but I didn't select it, it was a pop up in the game. At first I didn't select it, thought it was a diamond sale, really didn't even read it. Came back next login, read it, selected it in X. Pop up was in G, selected, no coin. So, I guess it was the email but I didn't go thru the email.
I got mine, and it was automated too - popped up on the first world I logged in to. Glad it was my main lol.

I tried the link in the email after the fact to see if I'd get another 200 but it did nothing.

JB333

For the first time since 2014, I will not participate in a mini event. I don't like this one at all.

Dursland

For the first time since 2014, I will not participate in a mini event. I don't like this one at all.
If it's the first time since 2014, that means you played last year's Wildlife event. Isn't this one the same format? But with better rewards.

stymie of Suwannee

I had the last events bonus pushed and this one. Fortunately, my main, this time.