• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wildlife Event 2023 Feedback

qaccy

The premium building seems decent. One possible problem with the 2x2s. One of them gives fragments of finish 1 goods production , does this work in space Era goods that are produced in space colonies and not in your main city ?
Can only be used in the main city, since the only part of the inventory that can be accessed while viewing a colony is your goods stock.

qaccy

unfortunate oversight by INNO devs...
I don't think it's an oversight, so much as a consequence of the colonies being isolated from the main city. Perhaps something they could go in and change, but it's unlikely given that they'd have to work in a bunch of checks to disallow placing any main city buildings or using anything else that's not really applicable to the colonies.

CDmark

My write up for the guild based on my beta experience follows

Event starts at 3:30 AM CST. There is one important thing to do, open a minigame to get the timer rolling as soon as you can, yes even before your first GE encounter. Some like this minigame and others don't but one thing is for sure, you need to keep the ticket counter rolling all the time.

MORE TICKETS = MORE GAMES = MORE PAW OPPORTUNITIES

(I found this formula in the “How to care for your illegal panda home pet” book sold at Black Market Books, cash only sales)

You do not have to play the first game immediately but you will need to play it at some point within 8 hours to keep the timer rolling. You can do all the rush quests, in fact better you do, they only give wildlife coins. But, the daily quests have tickets, call this your ticket queue, don't do them until you have a daily special you like this way you get more games for the special. Also, there are tickets in the grand prize line, don’t collect them until you want to use them (lay off the collect all button). You will have to play minigames just to keep that timer rolling. My goal is always Eagle Mountains. Any single attribute attack or defense building in your city should be looked at closely for replacement by EM's, like Stages of Ages. SAJM - SoA = 1.19 A/tile vs EM = 1.08 A/tile but you get D too, more FPs and current goods. SoA does make previous era goods, so something to consider if doing GE5 negos.

Pick whatever you like but if someone told me eagles are going extinct in the US, no sightings anywhere, I would tell them it is because they are all in my FOE city and doing well.

Will this event require diamonds to get the L9 Panda Reserve? Well, this depends on the minigame. This minigame is a mix of skill and luck. If you can maneuver the board to get chests and paws, the skill part, you have a better chance to get 280 paws for L9 Panda Reserve (PR). The luck? Anytime you make a move, whatever comes down at the top is the luck. What you do with it afterwards, back to skill. The bad luck, boards that have 0,1,2 paws. I have found thru playing this minigame many times, you got bad boards and some very good ones (5+ paws), more bad than good and a decent amount of average ones (3-4 paws). Let the bad ones go, don’t force it. If you can continue a hot one with 65 coins, it may be worth it.

Now, at 260 paws you get a Panda Statue, cute little guy. But, when you figure out that you get a statue, ok 1x1 so not so big, that gives you gold level fragments before you get L9, then he is not so cute. The PR does NOT spawn gold level fragments (to get Panda Shrine – PS). So why give fragments for gold level before you get L9? Well, I guess you have beta evaluation so you don’t listen to beta player’s feedback. This was mentioned in beta. Now the goal post is at 280 versus 260. AND, to use your BG all you get are fragments, no FPs, goods, nothing but fragments.

The wildlife event in 2021 gave 1920 coins, 2022 was 1015 coins and this year it is 1355 coin. This is the total so it includes all collections up to the last day. So, you will most likely not be able to buy the 1230 coin booster tool kit when you need it (a daily special you want), you may be stuck with the 660 coin package which has 6 hammers (vs 16), 4 windmills (vs 8) and 2 lightning (vs 6). This really depends on when you want to play for the daily special. Here is where the diamonds come into play,

100 Coins = 150 Diamonds (1.50 diamonds per 1 Coin)
400 Coins = 500 Diamonds (1.25 diamonds per 1 Coin)
2,000 Coins = 2,400 Diamonds (1.20 diamonds per 1 Coin)

Why no 1000 coin package and such a big jump from 500 to 2400 diamonds? Well, in Chicago we have a phrase for it, “running game on you”, ie the scam!

Here is how I play the Wildlife event. I spend the 2400 diamonds for coin and get the full booster package, I also spend 1800 diamonds for 10 tickets when I get the opportunity for EM’s, so 4200 diamonds total. I also have extra coin to continue a hot game for 65 coin when needed. I like the minigame, so I treat myself. I am sure to get L9 PR. I will probably be in the professional league for the Golden upgrade, so no need for the “not so” cute panda statue.

The PAYLINE? $15? This depends on the player, you may want to look at the L2 Himalayan Firs and the L2 Rhododendron Field, these are nice buildings. You would also get the golden upgrade and a PR upgrade, meaning you, most likely, you would not have to spend diamonds for booster tools; You would only need 240 paws to get L9. OMG, how could I forget, you also get a portrait of Junjie. At first, without my glasses on, I thought it said portrait of Junkie. I got plenty of those sleeping in tents under 90/94 highway on Fullerton Ave, why would I need another? Good thing I put my glasses on to see. Now I just see a junk prize instead.

A special of the day to mention, Insect Hotel. This cucaracha villa is like having a Magnanimous Opusmaximus, 2 FP per 8 hour, can do 5 min and 1 hr supply rush and 15 min coin rush. It is rotated 90 degrees like the sunken treasure. The one thing I always liked about the ST, you can do 4 hour supply rush but I can live with the roach motel replacement for sure. If you get loaded with tickets, and still have 24 hours to go, then getting this building is a nice filler if available at the time.

So, there is the 411 on the event, have fun and don’t feed the pandas.

Last edited:

ffblackice

It requires to build 3 culture buildings from my age which 5X5 size, I can only spare 2 of 5X5, and there wasn't such quest in the past after I started playing this game, if INNO can not change this quest. I have to give up this event.

LoveNkind

I was excited to see the oriental avatars with oriental names. As a Caucasian myself, I am unlikely to use one, but everybody should have avatars frofm their own race and people, and we haven't had many Orientals, so it is delightful to see them.

qaccy

It requires to build 3 culture buildings from my age which 5X5 size, I can only spare 2 of 5X5, and there wasn't such quest in the past after I started playing this game, if INNO can not change this quest. I have to give up this event.
Quests like this have always been a thing. You don't need to have the buildings all at the same time, and they don't have to finish construction either. As soon as you start building one, you get quest progress, so tear it back down, rebuild it again, and keep repeating until the quest is complete. This can be done to quickly complete any quest that requires building something, and for any quest that requires gaining coins/supplies/population/happiness.

Orius Maximus

I'm already giving this event the stink eye, and I've barely even touched it. Wildlife was by far the worst event of last year, and unfortunately it's back. The only way they could make it worse is to have a neighborhood component added to it, one that locks the neighborhood in place for several weeks. Last year's though I understand was reduced by a week, which may have contributed to the suckiness. (Wasn't there a daily GE quest that dropped on a Monday from poor event quest recycling? I know that happened in one of last year's events).

What is this whole stupid with the final upgrade fragments? Instead of just having a gold upgrade, we got to split it into fragments because someone at Inno thinks it's a great idea. Then the final quest awards only 20% of the fragments needed to complete the upgrade. There's some fragments doled out on the prize track, but only 60% more. And then there's the Panda Statue. It's a limited building which will give out every fragment needed 1/day. Not great, but I can actually live with this idea since it'll give out the full prize eventually, and then get removed once it becomes useless. But then thanks to fragmenting the gold upgrade and scattering the fragments around as prizes, means there'll be ANOTHER inventory slot cluttered with incomplete fragments because there'll be remainders left over after the Panda Statue finishes churning its fragments out. Forge of Fragments indeed!

And speaking of the prize track, why the hell is there a second level one shrine on the track after only two upgrades? Let us complete the first one before dropping a second!

Another complaint is that this is a 10 level chain building. I detest chain buildings the way it is, and this is one of the more irritating events to try to win prizes in. So it's 10 pieces just for the main, plus whatever chain pieces I decide to add. I don't even know where the chain pieces will show up outside of the premium prize track unless they're in dailies. But this is one of those events which are bad for farming dailies in the first place, and I still need more Mountain Reserve pieces.

Orius Maximus

Quests like this have always been a thing. You don't need to have the buildings all at the same time, and they don't have to finish construction either. As soon as you start building one, you get quest progress, so tear it back down, rebuild it again, and keep repeating until the quest is complete. This can be done to quickly complete any quest that requires building something, and for any quest that requires gaining coins/supplies/population/happiness.

Or more to the point, there's a difference between build x buildings, and have x buildings. With have x buildings, they all have to be down at once to count. With build x, you can do them one at a time.

LoveNkind

Build one, tear it down, build another, tear it down, build the last, tear it down.

MKPapa

even if you did not have space for a single one, Store Building comes to the rescue.

MKPapa

From event announcement description: "You can gain a Panda Shrine Upgrade Kit from the Premium Event Pass, by placing in the Apprentice League or higher..."
When I open the league table, it shows that the Panda Shrine Upgrade Kit is awarded only to Professional and up, not to Apprentice.

Pariah Files

The practice of requiring fragments for the last rank of an event buildings is hot garbage. It is solely a grab for more money and getting whales and farmers to completely deplete their diamonds. This has been an ongoing trend and it is causing a lot of people to give up this game. This is a click game and should not need more hours in a day than the job that pays our bills. Stop making the game so prohibitive for casual players to make any real meaningful progress. Used to love this game because it wasn't money hungry and provided a worthwhile gaming experience that left players wanting to spend a little cash. Now it is nearly mandatory to be successful in an event.

Kaidi

And speaking of the prize track, why the hell is there a second level one shrine on the track after only two upgrades? Let us complete the first one before dropping a second!
This is why I hit the forum today. That just makes...no sense whatsoever. First six grand prizes: Two upgrades and two level ones?