• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2022 Feedback

Dursland

Looks like getting a fully upgraded chocolatery for free will be on a hair-thin margin. Right now I'm level 9 with that 1 more upgrade in the event questline to go and about 40 'stars' away from next needed upgrade prize. Will come down to what I get on matchsticks methinks.

Ironrooster

Looks like getting a fully upgraded chocolatery for free will be on a hair-thin margin. Right now I'm level 9 with that 1 more upgrade in the event questline to go and about 40 'stars' away from next needed upgrade prize. Will come down to what I get on matchsticks methinks.
And incidents

Mor-Rioghain

And incidents
Based on my previous experience with incidents actually spawning event currency and hitting the 14 stars (or other event currency) in the last 3-5 days of the event, I'd rather take my 'chances' on the matchsticks I get from completing the daily quest! LOL At least I can bank on getting at least 1 match to light every turn! ;) :oops:

CDmark

ok data is in, goal, 780 candles, apprx 390 matches
I spent 16,800 D 1600 stars (funny how they sneak that extra 50 in there, couldn't be 1000 D for 1000 stars, no, they had to squeak out an 50...lol)

X world
Started with 150 matches
1600 stars - 12 SO kits (1 was 2x), have 21 total
got 228 matches, 378 total matches at 744 candles
so, 160 presents produced 228 matches, 1.43 m/p BUTTT this ratio doesn't mean much bcs it is completely random, depends what gift you get, stars vs junk excluding the daily special, figure you play one you want.
(I could compare it to a minimum, opening all gifts getting shuffle last and 2X does not hit a star bonus. Also, first round the key but next rounds it is +10 stars and fragment. but it is Sat so those calculations are a M-F thing...lol)
With 378 matches I got 744 candles, need 790 so 46 short, 30 matches should do it.
I have 96 stars, 210 more coming, makes 306, add a few incidents, sat 320. That's 32 matches for sure, assume the worst, 1.9 candles = 60, 790 is a lock, no more diamonds.

G world
Started 139 matches
1600 stars - 15 SO kits, have 23 total
got 228 matches (same as X, coincidence), 367 total matches at 720 candles
160 presents produced 228 matches, 1.43 m/p
@ 720 candles, need 70 more. 293 stars to get, 29 presents. If I get same 1.4 m/p ratio, 40 matches, 1.9 candles/match = 76, so this one is very possible with no more diamonds spent.

Lets see

Angel.

i like the event
i find maybe 1 incindent a day with stars
finialy get enough to play an get 1 match

Ironrooster

Solve 7 encounters in GE on a Monday is not a friendly daily quest option.

Fortunately, I'm up in the middle of the night so it worked out okay.

Johnny B. Goode

True but many players have already finished the entire expedition and that satisfies the quest as soon as you open it.
Not if you open it after GE closes. :(
(This didn't happen to me because I stay up until 11 PM Central US for the new quests. And in this case I chose the alternative of acquiring 4 sectors on the C-Map anyway.)

Johnny B. Goode

What a crap! Apparently when GE is finished it does not count, although I finished all 64 in GE.
Question for the mods: What kind of daily quest it is that cannot be completed today?
See above posts. If you open the quest between the time it is available (midnight Eastern US time) and the time GE closes, it will autocomplete if you've finished GE. If you wait until morning after GE closes, it will not autocomplete.

Pericles the Lion

What a crap! Apparently when GE is finished it does not count, although I finished all 64 in GE.
Question for the mods: What kind of daily quest it is that cannot be completed today?
For those who slept in this morning, today's event task does have an "OR" option. Well, actually 2 "OR" options. GE encounters (do tomorrow) or acquire sectors. It ain't like the sky is falling. :)

Mor-Rioghain

I was finished already and it did not satisfy for me.
Not sure what happened then. I have more than one city -- the one that I'd finished GE in was satisfied and the ones that I hadn't, I either had to *finish or acquire the 4 sectors. This scenario has been true every time that this has happened to me. (I may have neglected to mention the 'or' option in my previous statement but I know that it existed). In previous events when I faced this same choice without benefit of taking the sectors, I simply waited until the expedition opened on Tuesday morning. I can see how someone would deem this 'unfriendly,' but I have to agree with those who've said that it's not Inno's fault that we didn't plan as we're all privy to the advance questlines -- it's not like they're "witheld" from some of us.

*Word of caution to future questers: In previous events when this scenario occured and I didn't have 7 encounters remaining in that expedition, finishing the lesser number I did have did not satisfy the quest so I had to wait for the next expedition. Hmmm, not sure if I let the quest 'ride' until the next expedition if completing 4 in one expedition and the remaining 3 in the next one would actually count.....food for thought (but not something I'd like to experiment with -- it's already too annoying to have to wait for the next one and forgo the bonus stars). :(

BadForger

You can, just not today.

Both were doable today. You've been playing long enough to know that this scenario happens occasionally and that there are tools available that enable players to prepare for it.
Yes, I have been playing for years and this crap has never happened before.

Pericles the Lion

Yes, I have been playing for years and this crap has never happened before.
I beg to disagree. It has happened before, and you are not the first to complain about it here on the Forum and you will probably not be the last. The only thing that you missed out on is the use of 15 stars that you will end up collecting tomorrow. Much ado about nothing.