• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Worst guild you have ever been in

What is the worst guild y'all have ever been in. Mine they kept telling people to use their baazars to produce guild power, so i replied it wasn't proficent and expalined that SoH's and Elephant Gardens are better. The leader than proceded to tell me if I cared about the guild I wouldnt have posted that. So I left but sabotaged em a little bit.

Ebeondi Asi

I do not talk about specific Guilds to others as a matter of habit. Anyone may become your Friend later in the game. I is a very very long game. Plus my attitude means I am not jumping around to 'spy' on anybody. Or talk about players or Guilds behind their backs.
Sort of like Las Vegas, What happens in a Guild stays in a Guild. At least for me.
You can blab all you want., it is your right.

I would say the worst general habit I have seen in some Guilds is using swap threads a lot. Swap threads are very inefficient.compared to 1.9 type threads. and the fact is the top FP producers will win all the tops spots of other players GBs, and is damaging to inexperienced players who do not know any better. Pls swap users are far more likely to get sniped.
Some Guilds limit swap use to low level GBs. Some advanced Guilds ban them completely .
The big plus for swaps is ease of use.

The second bad habit is holding FPs in lots of Great Buildings indefinitely by many players in a Guild. This severely limits the
cash flow' of many weaker players. causing them to gain fewer Blueprints, and Medals because their Fps are static and locked up instead of flowing around over and over.
Some Guilds have rules about how long a GB can be held with FPs in it from others. Or a limit on how many GBs can be worked on at the same time. Others have no such rules.

Last edited:

Just An Observer

In C-world there was a guild ranked #2. I went to see what was going on. In the following GBG season I saw practically no help as one 2 camp sector and one 1 camp sector was it for the entire season. That led to me doing 500 Negs and 1 Fight as the cherry on top of the sundae to score 1001 points, which was more than enough for 1st place. That lack of attack help led to me moving on!

One guild I was a member of a long while ago for me had a Founder who did not like Atoms. This was before the AI came out so all we had were 3 guild treasury GB's. This Founder even told a member earlier to dump their Atom. It was not like this guild had a fully stocked treasury. They even had to quit playing in the middle of a GBG season due to a lack of treasury goods. Since this Founder tried their best to shush discussion of this subject (guild treasury amounts are Very Important), I left.

Dursland

In Vingrid I was in Caress of Steel, which was a top 3 guild about 3-4 years ago. The top 2 leaders left to join another guild, and the third leader ended up deleting the entire guild with so many goods in the treasury. I had been donating a lot so I was really ticked about it.

Ebeondi Asi

Not having an arc or an obs.
I wold just comment on this. The usual amount spent by top Guilds in GbG add up to about 2,300 Goods per day per Guild member for farming a full GbG area. If you are in a top Gild and not donating 2,300 Goods per day yourself, either through direct donations or via Arc, Obs, Atom, AI Core, then you're receiving charity from other members doing it for you in the Guild.
That 2,300 does not include any Goods needed for GvG, which may be a substantial addition. (Big time GvG players also should recognize all Guildies are helping them via Treasury, and without all those non-GvG players donating Goods there would be no strong GvG play at all!!!)
The amount may be a lot less for half farms, or for FFA situations. and for non- Diamond Guilds. But most newer players have no clue they are a charity case in most Guilds due to not having a Arc ar least at 80, and a full obs at 80 and another Treasury GB giving goods too.
Even plenty of long time players have no clue they need to be doing more for the Treasury.
And no.... One SoH is not even beginning to cover! Even in much smaller Guilds. One of the reasons it is best to work yor way p the Gildlevels. As yo get stronger you can move to a better Guild. very few Guilds ever manage to start from scratch and grow into a great one. (but if you find one, stick to it!!!)

Many Guilds allow for new players needing to 'catch up'. They are willing to take on weak membrs in the hope they will become strong valuable members. but don't start whining about how mean they are when it is obvious you are not going to make the cut and get booted.
Some Guilds are growing Guilds and just like the process of helping new players. Then there are Guilds that use new members to feed themselves vampire-style with new blood available
Every Guild is different. Every single one.

Last edited:

Oswyn the noble

In all the guilds minus my main one, they all say and encourage me to have the most sought after gb, the arc. I have quadruple dupe prints for arc in my additional cities. But space is an issue. So now its a waiting game. My only arc in O is thriving btw

I was briefly in a guild which actively recruited me. They had a feeder guild which I had to be in for a couple of weeks to prove I could cut the mustard in the mother guild, which I did. However, in order to access the 1.9 from the mother guild, I had to make room on my friends list for every member of the mother guild. So I nuked my carefully curated list of friends. Then, after I moved up to the mother guild, I had to nuke it again to make room for those still in the feeder guild. Then they dissolved the feeder guild and established a relationship with a different guild. So I was looking at nuking the list for a third time. It was about this time that I decided this guild was considerably more drama than fun, so I left.

In the same guild, they placed an emphasis on GE. This was fine, I like GE and routinely complete all 64 every week. However, their GE leader was a crazy person. First off, she was convinced that if the guild did nothing between 8 and 9 am on Monday morning, it would get matched up with easier opponents, so everyone in the guild was forbidden to play in that first hour. Then she wanted to micromanage when everyone played. One week, she wanted everyone to wait until the last hour of the season and then run all 64 encounters. The following week, she wanted everyone to run all 64 in the 2nd hour on Monday morning. When I left the guild, she pm'd me asking why I hadn't completed GE before leaving.

In the same guild they wanted everyone to get a Discord account so that they could message everyone in real-time when they needed a push in GBG. While I am active in GBG on all my worlds, I'm just not a social media kind of guy and the last thing I need is people messaging me at all hours TO PLAY A FRICKIN' GAME. I do have real life activities that I need to attend to without interruptions of that sort.

In all the guilds minus my main one, they all say and encourage me to have the most sought after gb, the arc. I have quadruple dupe prints for arc in my additional cities. But space is an issue. So now its a waiting game. My only arc in O is thriving btw
I'm having trouble understanding why you wouldn't want to get an Arc established on all your worlds. It is, as you must have learned on the 1 where you have the Arc, a huge boon both to yourself and to your guild. While it is a relatively large building, it's far from the biggest one. I've personally found the space for one in 2 Iron Age cities and never had 2nd thoughts about how else I might have used that space.

I wold just comment on this. The usual amount spent by top Guilds in GbG add up to about 2,300 Goods per day per Guild member for farming a full GbG area. If you are in a top Gild and not donating 2,300 Goods per day yourself, either through direct donations or via Arc, Obs, Atom, AI Core, then you're receiving charity from other members doing it for you in the Guild.
That 2,300 does not include any Goods needed for GvG, which may be a substantial addition. (Big time GvG players also should recognize all Guildies are helping them via Treasury, and without all those non-GvG players donating Goods there would be no strong GvG play at all!!!)
The amount may be a lot less for half farms, or for FFA situations. and for non- Diamond Guilds. But most newer players have no clue they are a charity case in most Guilds due to not having a Arc ar least at 80, and a full obs at 80 and another Treasury GB giving goods too.
Even plenty of long time players have no clue they need to be doing more for the Treasury.
And no.... One SoH is not even beginning to cover! Even in much smaller Guilds. One of the reasons it is best to work yor way p the Gildlevels. As yo get stronger you can move to a better Guild. very few Guilds ever manage to start from scratch and grow into a great one. (but if you find one, stick to it!!!)

Many Guilds allow for new players needing to 'catch up'. They are willing to take on weak membrs in the hope they will become strong valuable members. but don't start whining about how mean they are when it is obvious you are not going to make the cut and get booted.
Some Guilds are growing Guilds and just like the process of helping new players. Then there are Guilds that use new members to feed themselves vampire-style with new blood available
Every Guild is different. Every single one.
This is very good information! I've often wondered about this.

Tarkkus

I do not talk about specific Guilds to others as a matter of habit. Anyone may become your Friend later in the game. I is a very very long game. Plus my attitude means I am not jumping around to 'spy' on anybody. Or talk about players or Guilds behind their backs.
Sort of like Las Vegas, What happens in a Guild stays in a Guild. At least for me.
You can blab all you want., it is your right.

I would say the worst general habit I have seen in some Guilds is using swap threads a lot. Swap threads are very inefficient.compared to 1.9 type threads. and the fact is the top FP producers will win all the tops spots of other players GBs, and is damaging to inexperienced players who do not know any better. Pls swap users are far more likely to get sniped.
Some Guilds limit swap use to low level GBs. Some advanced Guilds ban them completely .
The big plus for swaps is ease of use.

The second bad habit is holding FPs in lots of Great Buildings indefinitely by many players in a Guild. This severely limits the
cash flow' of many weaker players. causing them to gain fewer Blueprints, and Medals because their Fps are static and locked up instead of flowing around over and over.
Some Guilds have rules about how long a GB can be held with FPs in it from others. Or a limit on how many GBs can be worked on at the same time. Others have no such rules.
You cannot deny any of this post. It is all facts. Especially the second paragraph. Math is absolute and swaps are a great way to inefficiently use FP. You are self leveling and rolling the dice for a reward while doing it. As opposed to getting exactly what you pay for using 1.9. 1.9 also teaches you how to snipe which is a second income stream of FP. You can make over 1000/day on a good snipe day and 200 on regular basis. That averages out a bit less than GBG yet still a steady stream of income.