• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Worst guild you have ever been in

Avenger6160

Not calling out suspected guilds...i was once kicked from a few guilds for violating 2 rules... you are required to play on pc only. Not having an arc or an obs. I had a SoH at full max but it wasnt acceptable.
When guilds start imposing all kinds of rules is when a guild no longer is fun to play in
The rules about supporting the guild are to be expected though in any worthwhile guild.

The Lady Redneck

The rules about supporting the guild are to be expected though in any worthwhile guild.
Exactly. A good guild will not simply lay out a set of rules and expect every member to follow them. Guild are are meant to develop and get stronger over time. That is not done successfully if the guild founders simply state a whole list of rules and expect all members to obey blindly. Yes there are basic rules of courtesy that all guilds need. Then there will be more that will be specifically set to take the guild in the direction the Founders want it to take. But they should be implemented after they have been discussed by the whole guild and agreed to.

If a problem arises that requires a new rule or change to an existing one it needs to be discussed. If a member does not agree with the change then they are free to either try to work with the changes, or leave and go to another guild more suited to how he/she wants to play the game. If a lot of the guild does not agree, then the management team has to take on board the members concerns and everyone works out a compromise. A good guild cannot progress without its members and management working together within the rules they set.

Last edited:

UP ONLINE

Trying to help has gotten me kicked from guilds in the past offering advise
LOL some use 2 -3 words And expect you to know that they are saying

Last edited:

Oswyn the noble

LOL I would kick you too #1 guild rule And another Reason im never friends With guild members
But that doesnt make any sense at all bro. o_O every guild ive either tried, been active in..its a general rule to lend a helpful, kind hand with GBs born in stix...then to be kicked? No sense

Mor-Rioghain

More of a generalization but I think that some guild leaders/founders need to be reminded from time to time that anyone can hit the "create" rather than "join" button on the guild screen. Might actually check some of that unearned and misplaced hubris you see out there so often. Quite often too much is made of a player's Guild Status when they've honestly done nothing at all to earn it other than that one thing. Sure, you can always leave and join another guild but the fact of the matter is that answering the call of a well-written but misleading guild bio or even being recruited into a guild that isn't willing to back up recruitment promises is a major fail imho.

I'm not talking about the 'extras' here. If I'm going to be bringing my hard-earned and well-balanced city into your guild then the very least I expect is that you are going to open all 4 levels of GE on time on Tuesday morning. I may not like the rest of what the guild has to offer in terms of member activity, ability to procure trades, or even an active presence on either GvG Continent Maps or BG sector support but at least I can leave after determining for myself whether those recruitment promises were able to be met without having those 64 fights/negos and potential rewards denied to me for 7 days due to tardy opening or worse, lack of treasury funds to open all of the levels not having them doled out to me as if they were dessert after I've eaten all my dinner! That's just poor guild management at it's 'finest' and is unfortuanately not something that happens only to new(er) players in a start-up or young guild.

Zatrikon

I've been kicked out of guilds for going on vacation. Even after sending a message, "Hey! I'm going on vacation. Don't kick me from the guild. I'll be back in a week and a half."

Ebeondi Asi

I've been kicked out of guilds for going on vacation. Even after sending a message, "Hey! I'm going on vacation. Don't kick me from the guild. I'll be back in a week and a half."
A lot of Guilds expect a player on leave to actually leave... then return. Not doing GE might annoy a lot of Guildies. And if that player not active, but is a loner in his / her Era that damages the Guild a lot in GbG (Treasury Goods problems) unless they happen to have a lot of Goods let in that Era.
All three Guilds I am in have players leave and return when taking any break that wold impact GE .. and sometimes GbG.

Agaselle

To all guildies of whom it conscerns.../// I like to pick up strugglers on the way or give newbees a new guildhome,also do not throw away players , they are human beeings and have feelings, that said no comment about negative guilds.

Zatrikon

A lot of Guilds expect a player on leave to actually leave... then return. Not doing GE might annoy a lot of Guildies. And if that player not active, but is a loner in his / her Era that damages the Guild a lot in GbG (Treasury Goods problems) unless they happen to have a lot of Goods let in that Era.
All three Guilds I am in have players leave and return when taking any break that wold impact GE .. and sometimes GbG.
But then you have to wait another week until you can join again.

Mor-Rioghain

But then you have to wait another week until you can join again.
Most players who care enough for their guild's rank and their general bragging rights in their own worlds are more than happy to initiate such an absence from a guild to keep them from losing an expedition championship - or even battlegrounds advancements - due to their expected absenteeism. They don't really perceive it as a burden. As long as a guild makes sure that this type of requirement is going to be enforced, it really isn't something I would consider a "bad guild" kind of thing. This whole game is about rank, statistics, and so forth. Why would it be bad to want to keep a good position in world rank? Just a thought...