• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Would it be possible to reach SAAB without event/great buildings?

texanwolf999

First of all, sorry if it's not the right place to ask
So I had an idea for a challenge. Would it be possible to reach end-game without using GBs/Event buildings? FP demand might get pretty crazy, as even industrial age requires over a thousand FP, and without SoKs/GBs it'll take take over two mounth just to generate FP, assuming 15 fp per day. Emmisaries might help wih fps/goods, but not sure how much
Assuming it is doable in under three years, what strategies should I utilise that don't require intense micromanagement? Should I go for older or newer world? If not, then what about GBs but no event buildings.

RazorbackPirate

I'm sure it's doable, the question is, would it be enjoyable. I can see a city with no GBs, regular and event/special buildings only, or GBs with no event/special buildings, but simply relying on hourly FPs, goods only through production, etc. I see as an impossible grind.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Emberguard

Hypothetically I'd say yes. You don't need Great Buildings yourself to donate to others whenever you hit a technological wall. You don't need Great Buildings to do recurring quests, Settlements, Guild Expedition or Guild Battlegrounds. It just would be much harder.

Assuming it is doable in under three years, what strategies should I utilise that don't require intense micromanagement?
You'd need to be sniping if you want to increase your FP output.

If by "no events/GBs" you also mean no Special Buildings then that'd exclude Settlement and Guild Expedition buildings. BUT you could still do those things to generate income from the rewards. And if you have no FP income from city production.... I'd be taking all the help you can get in gathering resources from the game

And remember, the settlement rewards generates FPs for every time you complete it once you've completed it a set amount of times. So that would be an invaluable FP generator

Algona

First of all, sorry if it's not the right place to ask
So I had an idea for a challenge. Would it be possible to reach end-game without using GBs/Event buildings? FP demand might get pretty crazy, as even industrial age requires over a thousand FP, and without SoKs/GBs it'll take take over two mounth just to generate FP, assuming 15 fp per day. Emmisaries might help wih fps/goods, but not sure how much
Assuming it is doable in under three years, what strategies should I utilise that don't require intense micromanagement? Should I go for older or newer world? If not, then what about GBs but no event buildings.

Welcome to the forums! Interesting idea.

I reckon 'twill take some doing and a lot of time excluding both GBs and SBs.

Three years? Doubtful. The way to tell is add up all the FPs and Goods it takes to do all the techs then divide those by 1100 to get the daily production you need.

If I were to try no GBs or SBs I'd use every trick in the book.

RQ Farming, GBG, acquiring advanced units to fight with, Emissaries from Cultural Settlements, Events, DCs, GE, donating FPs to GB for Medals for Expansions, selling excess Goods.

RQ Farming sure seems ro be the most important of the bunch. FP, Goods for tech and Negotiating GBG and sales, and Diamonds for Expansions.

Donating FPs to GBs is brutal but done judiciously (look for self levelers and Freinds them) is critical for Medals for Victory Expansions and you never know you may turn an FP profit.

Be careful with GE, it might not be profitable to go very far.

Acquiring advanced Era troops might be of use? I mean, they'll be nice, but w/o combat bonuses and a limited supply Rogues maybe not so useful?

----------

If you are intimately familiar with the game especially the use of 1.9 and power leveling GBs, then the no SBs thing should be doable.

I think I'd use a fast start technique to become good at GBG through Zeus, CoA, CdM, then use the GBG FPs to leverage Arc acquisition and leveling then off to the GB power leveling races. Rogues will be a choke point though.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Emberguard

If you are intimately familiar with the game especially the use of 1.9 and power leveling GBs, then the no SBs thing should be doable.
Oh yeah. If you were restricted to either only GBs or only SBs it'd be more then doable within reasonable time. Without both of them it'd be hypothetically doable but a lot of work and no idea how long it'd actually take in the end as it'll be harder to store FPs and easy to get stalled on the techtree. So you may end up only being able to store about 50% of what you generate if you use a 1.9 thread to take places cheaply

Hypothetically it takes 42,958 Forge Points total from Stone Age to the end of Space Age Asteroid Belt:

42,958 / 15 FPs per day (as per the OPs estimate) = 2,864 days / 365 = 7.8 years to complete -IF- you never get stalled on the technology tree and use 15 FPs a day on research

If you only went to the end of Oceanic you'd need 28,144 Forge Points. Which would take 5 years.

Basically you'd have to increase your FP and goods income from every source you can to reduce the time. Especially if you need to store FPs in inventory to get back your hourly income

texanwolf999

Hypothetically it takes 42,958 Forge Points total from Stone Age to the end of Space Age Asteroid Belt:

42,958 / 15 FPs per day (as per the OPs estimate) = 2,864 days / 365 = 7.8 years to complete -IF- you never get stalled on the technology tree and use 15 FPs a day on research

Alright, 8 years is a bit too much. Even with sniping, recurrent questing, emmisaries I douts I'll get my fp over 30, and even then it's 4 years
Maybe only age-approporiate GBs (my age and down).
What world should I use? Arvahall one seems like a good idea.
Part of the reason I wanted to try this is because I wonder if FoE was beatable using original design philosophy. That and I hate how in the end-game GB and event building spam make every city look the same, leaving housing, goods and cultural buildings useless
Sniping miht be a good idea, but I don't want to be a dick.
Guess I'll start on Friday and see if there are any more good ideas

Pickleweasel

If you do the daily quests, finish the guild expedition weekly and do the events (even if you choose not to place the buildings per your OP), there will be a decent influx of forge points from those to drop the overall time down. Whether or not it is doable/wise/fun is beyond me.

Furthermore, there are a bunch of buildings in the auction hall (are they all from past events? I have no idea, I don't focus on forge point production myself) that produce forge points (as well as the occasional option to get forge points directly).

Additionally, as long as you keep your tavern up and rolling/improving, you'll get some forge points daily from sitting in friends' taverns (I usually get 5-10 per day that way, though sometimes far less . . . one day I exceeded 20).

Johnny B. Goode

Another avenue for acquiring more medals and FPs is the Antiques Dealer. Since you won't be placing special/event buildings, you can sell them all and only spend the coins/gems on medals/FPs when they show up there. You also wouldn't have to worry about getting the fully upgraded event buildings, so you could focus on choices such as the animals that give medals or FPs in the current event. The biggest obstacle that I see to doing this is the lack of attack boost without the GBs. Not that it couldn't be done, but you would rarely be successful fighting unless you're using higher era units than the enemy army has. One way to do this would be to let the Continent Map progress lag behind your tech tree progress, but the down side to that is not getting the goods boosts in a timely manner.

Incidentally, my highest era city is in SAM and there are two players in my hood that have no GBs, although they both have plenty of event buildings.

Agent327

If you do the daily quests, finish the guild expedition weekly and do the events (even if you choose not to place the buildings per your OP), there will be a decent influx of forge points from those to drop the overall time down. Whether or not it is doable/wise/fun is beyond me.

If whether or not it is doable is beyond you, why do you advice it?

How do you expect to finish GE weekly, with very limited goods or units?

Algona

it takes 42,958 Forge Points

So earn just 50 FP per day for 1000 days?

Easy peasy.

I douts I'll get my fp over 30, and even then it's 4 years

You don't know the power of the dark side, err, I mean RQ farming. Even in BA you can make

50 Quests per day averages 75 BA Goods, 4500 Coins, 4500 Supplies, 4 useless BPs, 15 Inventory FPs, and 20 Medals per day. All unplunderable. In addition there is the production of the city itself.

Read that post and the first post in that thread if you want a tutorial on RQ Farming for fun and profit.

Here's six I missed:

Another avenue for acquiring more medals and FPs is the Antiques Dealer.

as long as you keep your tavern up and rolling/improving, you'll get some forge points daily from sitting in friends' taverns (I usually get 5-10 per day that way, though sometimes far less . . . one day I exceeded 20).

I forgot FPs earned doing Cultural Settlements, FPs from Guild, FPs from selling Coins, and FPs from other Quests.

----------

I hadn't realized just how many (I think 13 have been mentioned in this thread) non-GB non SB FP sources there are in this game.

I wonder how many I am still forgetting?

Individually none of them are that productive, collectively they look to provide as much as 75 FP per day?

Maybe a lot more if you get some opportunities in a good Guild and have enough Goods to nefotiate a fair amount of GBG?

texanwolf999

Alright it's been over a year, and I took a break from foe during that time, but here are my results if anyone is intrested
First of all, here is the city123.JPG
It;s in the middle of some reorganization
First of all, my initial estimate of 15 points was off. Getting over twenty a day is not uncommon
Oddly enough, the main bottleneck isn't goods or forge points. It's supplies.
It's an annoying cycle. I need more prodcution building to get more supplies, they need more population, which needs more happiness. Every single step requires supplies.
Currently I am going to get my row of high-rise, then place a new military building or two. Possibly by then I'll be in modern

The Lady Redneck

Do you intend having no Event buildings either? As a number of those give a lot of supplies.
It would also be more efficient if you placed new expansions so you have a squarer area for your city. And try to cut down on the amount of double lane road you need. Only have one row for the buildings that actually require 2 lanes and place them on both sides with single lane running off for all other buildings

spartacus2.0

Alright it's been over a year, and I took a break from foe during that time, but here are my results if anyone is intrested
First of all, here is the cityView attachment 19817
It;s in the middle of some reorganization
First of all, my initial estimate of 15 points was off. Getting over twenty a day is not uncommon
It's an annoying cycle. I need more prodcution building to get more supplies, they need more population, which needs more happiness. Every single step requires supplies.
Currently I am going to get my row of high-rise, then place a new military building or two. Possibly by then I'll be in modern
I had one in IA but my world was deleted ;-;

Emberguard

Do you intend having no Event buildings either? As a number of those give a lot of supplies
Most recent Event Buildings provide Supply boost rather than actual Supplies.

Yeah. When I was new I found Supply production needed to be drastically increased somewhere around Colonial Age-Progressive Era. Now that I‘m more experienced I’ve found players seem to need to drastically increase it again by the time they reach Virtual Future if they don’t have hyper levelled Great Buildings.

texanwolf999

Do you intend having no Event buildings either? As a number of those give a lot of supplies.
It would also be more efficient if you placed new expansions so you have a squarer area for your city. And try to cut down on the amount of double lane road you need. Only have one row for the buildings that actually require 2 lanes and place them on both sides with single lane running off for all other buildings
Yep, only tech tree/premium stuff.
I am planning, but supplies are really short. I think I'll finish with upgrading residentials first
Based on what I see in my hood, it is doable, but doesn't look like any fun.
FoE is a resource management game at it's core. This way you are just managing slightly different set of resource
Also low level players tend to have at least one event/gb. Never seen anyone out the bronze age without one

Agaselle

Every player has certain talents,investment strategys rely on how much you are willing to invest.When a player goes all in with zero investment how it sounds, then he will need to succeed a clean contious of himself to pull thrue and win all the goals he chases....then it sounds like a success

Last edited: