• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Yorkton/Zorskog Discussion Thread

DeletedUser31955

I figured people will be wanting to discuss yorkton and since there's no announcement feedback thread on that one, I thought I'd go ahead and start this.

Have you joined yet? What do you think so far?

Seems like a decent amount of people in, and some already have smithery! Definitely spending diamonds lol.

Last time I did a trial run I was able to get from BA to IA in 28 hours so going for that here.

Add me - looking for friend requests.

Would love to play but they haven`t fixed my city yet so I can. Am stuck in the battle tutorial. No answer to my ticket yet either. :(

DeletedUser31825

How about instead of creating new worlds (with the same tired storyline BTW) - do some beta innovations: extend the Stone Age to be the training module to fight and set up defenses and take out the lock out for defenses, setting up the PvP without plundering in Bronze, set up the Guilds and plundering during the first technology in the Iron Age

DeletedUser31592

I wish I had decided to start a city on opening day instead of waiting until late on Saturday. I'd be dominating with my Oracle :p

Finally just got the final ToB BP today and will plant it. Still waiting on a Zeus BP. Must have traded 10 times so far without luck. But since I am so close to that #1 spot, I think I will continue dumping FPs into that Oracle until it is mine. At this point, I have no plans to ever unlock Military Tactics for this city, so the Oracle will be worth-while since I will eternally camp in IA*. It will provide enough happiness that I really won't need anything else.

*Basically I decided to make this city as a way to thumb my nose at the new PvP rule changes. Make a rule change with horrible timing, a rule change that I feel will hurt players long-term, and I will abuse said new rule!!!

23031580_10214927535891081_9080105001515859071_n.jpg

DeletedUser31592

One of my guildmates has both a Rogue Hideout and a Palace courtesy of the Daily Challenges :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It makes me wonder at how I would really stack up if we were all on an even playing field.......

DeletedUser31802

I saw two people with a Mad Scientist's Lab and was wondering about how they got them. I had forgotten maybe some people had daily challenges

DeletedUser26965

One of my guildmates has both a Rogue Hideout and a Palace courtesy of the Daily Challenges :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It makes me wonder at how I would really stack up if we were all on an even playing field.......
For goodness sake, I can't believe they're doing limited live testing of DC's on a new world, what is wrong with the Inno:confused:

DeletedUser31592

For goodness sake, I can't believe they're doing limited live testing of DC's on a new world, what is wrong with the Inno:confused:
I haven't been scoping cities, so I haven't paid attention. But someone asked him point blank in the guild chat. I guess I need to be scoping cities now to see how much of a disadvantage I have.
I'll start a city in Z and maybe I'll get daily challenges... (Yeah right. Not holding my breath.)

DeletedUser27889

I saw two people with a Mad Scientist's Lab and was wondering about how they got them. I had forgotten maybe some people had daily challenges
There was a diamond sale a few days ago on Y. If you got the largest diamond package you got 1 Mad Scientists Lab. If you see two MSL's in a city it means the person bought 2 large diamond packages.

That's insane and unfortunately seeming more par for the course on how they are going about things. Based on the very limited info we have on DCs on live I think they may be attached to an account and not a world. I only say so because with so many people playing on multiple worlds I've never seen someone talk of having it on 1 but not another. When I was one of the ones who had incidents early, I had them in both worlds.

So any players who has DCs active in another world can (only if my assumption is correct of course) not only get a leg up on their current world but dominate both new ones.

DeletedUser31592

That's insane and unfortunately seeming more par for the course on how they are going about things. Based on the very limited info we have on DCs on live I think they may be attached to an account and not a world. I only say so because with so many people playing on multiple worlds I've never seen someone talk of having it on 1 but not another. When I was one of the ones who had incidents early, I had them in both worlds.

So any players who has DCs active in another world can (only if my assumption is correct of course) not only get a leg up on their current world but dominate both new ones.
CovertOps (I think that is their name- something close) was complaining about not having it them on Y and says they get them on U. LordMuggle was less than patient with that complaint ;) (And I full agree with him)

DeletedUser31592

What? Me? Less than patient? :p I'M NOT LESS THAN PATIENT!! *rages around room* :D
You said what I wanted to ;) Err... Honestly, if I am TRULY honest, if I had said what I wanted, it would have been worse!

DeletedUser29646

What do you mean by this? Are tech fp requirements not equal across the entire playrbase?

They are not, there are some accounts that have less req up too late middle ages is when it goes to normal for them, but the rest leading up to late middle ages it is far less FP req. Why these accounts exist i not sure... I can post screen shots some people made showing this if people don't believe me.

DeletedUser26965

They are not, there are some accounts that have less req up too late middle ages is when it goes to normal for them, but the rest leading up to late middle ages it is far less FP req. Why these accounts exist i not sure... I can post screen shots some people made showing this if people don't believe me.
Yeah this limited live testing of stuff; Incidents, Daily Challenges, Speedy Research etc. is nutty, suddenly everything has to be tested on live in a limited fashion. Why doesn't Inno advertise more player to go to Beta if the numbers are too low there? Beats me but now that it's happening on new worlds too that's just makes it even worse.

DeletedUser27889

CovertOps (I think that is their name- something close) was complaining about not having it them on Y and says they get them on U. LordMuggle was less than patient with that complaint ;) (And I full agree with him)
Ah thank you good to know, I haven't heard that before.

Why doesn't Inno advertise more player to go to Beta if the numbers are too low there? Beats me but now that it's happening on new worlds too that's just makes it even worse.
Here on the forums we know what beta means. When I mention beta in game I usually get a 'what's that?' and have to explain. Most casual players do not know there is a beta, do not know they can play on it and don't know where to find it. Even for my first several months posting here I thought it was a closed beta as I never saw anything directing to zz or a call for more beta participation.

If there are not enough players on beta to gather data all they need to do is advertise in the live games. Then, they also need to use beta for it's intention. This crap like the Oracle of Delphi exploit, which was not tested on beta, is getting old.

DeletedUser26965

This crap like the Oracle of Delphi exploit, which was not tested on beta, is getting old
And now I'm reading on the UK forum that lots of players GB's are getting messed up and reduced down to 0 who had nothing to do with the Oracle exploit. But yeah I just don't get it. The GB interface sat in Beta for like a year before going live which is the exception not the rule, everything else is rushed to live and tested after:confused: They need to advertise beta more, get people over there signing up, ya think the free diamonds would be a big draw.

DeletedUser27889

And now I'm reading on the UK forum that lots of players GB's are getting messed up and reduced down to 0 who had nothing to do with the Oracle exploit. But yeah I just don't get it. The GB interface sat in Beta for like a year before going live which is the exception not the rule, everything else is rushed to live and tested after:confused: They need to advertise beta more, get people over there signing up, ya think the free diamonds would be a big draw.
It's not just UK it's every live server. Right now the game is going bonkers. The best part seems to be the two servers that exploited it were only France and Germany. Actually no... the best part is reading the French forum https://forum.fr.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/discussion-sur-loracle-pas-normal.94283/page-5 where they have multiple messages from Mods and CMs telling them it wasn't an exploit and was fine to do before this.

Or possibly best is that this issue is not affecting beta at the moment because whatever was done to all the live servers wasn't done to the beta servers (yet?)

So a GB we were not allowed to test on beta was screwed
Patch to 'fix' it was not tested on beta and screwed the game up even worse.

DeletedUser26965

It's not just UK it's every live server. Right now the game is going bonkers. The best part seems to be the two servers that exploited it were only France and Germany. Actually no... the best part is reading the French forum https://forum.fr.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/discussion-sur-loracle-pas-normal.94283/page-5 where they have multiple messages from Mods and CMs telling them it wasn't an exploit and was fine to do before this.

Or possibly best is that this issue is not affecting beta at the moment because whatever was done to all the live servers wasn't done to the beta servers (yet?)

So a GB we were not allowed to test on beta was screwed
Patch to 'fix' it was not tested on beta and screwed the game up even worse.
I'm actually still trying to grasp what happened with all this. They say that Oracle was paying too high of fp rewards but how much could have it really have been paying out? And why didn't they just reduce the amount of fp rewards instead of increasing the amount of fp's per level? Sheesh, since it's a starter GB really just for learning why not just give it a level 10 cap or something.