• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] how do you feel about plundering?

DeletedUser

I've seen some good replies, and some with a piss-poor attitude. Just because you can do something that doesn't mean that you should! I only attack and plunder those who attack me first. Plus it's just outright STEALING! There's no reason to do it when you have your own production buildings, and you can TRADE with your neighbors which is easy enough. Remember - it's easier to make enemies than it is to make friends! Too many candy-ass excuses to do the wrong damned thing! Like I said before just because you can do something that doesn't mean that you should! I'll just keep to myself and farm supplies, and trade with others and attack only when I have to. ~ Red

DeletedUser23123

IMO. I think it a waste of time. Okay, some like doing it. But, Really, What did it accomplish. You make a bunch of Units and watch them get trained and healed. All this to take a few thing from someone else city. You put in a lot of effort to build attack boost. Dump ton of Forge into a Traz. Then get loaded up on Watchfires and Rogues which take 24 hrs to make 2 then have to buy the rest in Diamonds. All just to plundered.
Yes I plundered but I don't take it seriously. On Quest request and when someone piss me off. I make 35 forge a day. don't need those. I trade all my Boost and GB Goods to level out the rest. Don't need those. Sitting on 2 million Coins and 2 million Supplies. Don't need those.
Don't get me wrong. I love the Fighting in GvG or even the PvP. But, just to do it so one can plunder daily? Not worth it for me.

cbalto1927

In my hood, you would be amazed how many players put up 2-spear-man defense.It is a good thing that i invested alot of time and some money into getting watch-fires and rouge hideouts. It no wonder why nobody bothers attacking me at least. :)

lemur

It is a war game ...

That is a gross oversimplification. There's more to the game than fighting. And in fact, thousands of players enjoy the game with very little fighting. Your way of playing FoE is not the only way.

Last edited:

Czari

it is a war game, Grow an army or keep crying!!
I'm reeeaaaalllly getting tired of hearing "It's a war game." That is *part* of the game; one can also produce and trade goods, build GBs, enjoy the strategy of planning one's city for maximum utility (or attractiveness - however one wants to play), setting personal challenges (one of my guild mates challenged himself to stay in EMA and collect GBs), etc. As stated in one of my prior posts, I saw FoE advertised as a city-building game; not one word about war.

I don't see any of the posts here "crying" about anything; a question was asked and answers, from each player's preference and/or perspective, are being offered.;)

DeletedUser25166

IMO. I think it a waste of time. Okay, some like doing it. But, Really, What did it accomplish. You make a bunch of Units and watch them get trained and healed. All this to take a few thing from someone else city. You put in a lot of effort to build attack boost. Dump ton of Forge into a Traz. Then get loaded up on Watchfires and Rogues which take 24 hrs to make 2 then have to buy the rest in Diamonds. All just to plundered.
Yes I plundered but I don't take it seriously. On Quest request and when someone piss me off. I make 35 forge a day. don't need those. I trade all my Boost and GB Goods to level out the rest. Don't need those. Sitting on 2 million Coins and 2 million Supplies. Don't need those.
Don't get me wrong. I love the Fighting in GvG or even the PvP. But, just to do it so one can plunder daily? Not worth it for me.
Got 30 lma goods, 20 hma goods, and 20 email goods plundering today. My city is built to GvG fight. So plundering is great.

DeletedUser23123

Got 30 lma goods, 20 hma goods, and 20 email goods plundering today. My city is built to GvG fight. So plundering is great.
Got 800 Iron, 550 EMA, 275 LMA from trading what my GBs produce. Then got 3 GBs leveled up. Plus, made 205 forge pack and close to 1200 medals. All yesterday just from friends. Also made 18k in points in 12 hours.

Did do some fighting today though. Those Leaders in the provinces map are so greedy. And... someone attack my city. He/She lost. Did return a favor. Just for points.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15042

I've seen some good replies, and some with a piss-poor attitude. Just because you can do something that doesn't mean that you should! I only attack and plunder those who attack me first. Plus it's just outright STEALING! There's no reason to do it when you have your own production buildings, and you can TRADE with your neighbors which is easy enough. Remember - it's easier to make enemies than it is to make friends! Too many candy-ass excuses to do the wrong damned thing! Like I said before just because you can do something that doesn't mean that you should! I'll just keep to myself and farm supplies, and trade with others and attack only when I have to. ~ Red
So I take you play ZERO games in real life? No racing games, no fighting games, no monopoly, etc? Because in those games you kill people, you wreck people, you take first place from them, you take their money, etc. Are you against football also? I mean, intercepting the ball is stealing. The quarterback did not throw it to you, he threw it to his cornerback. Taking it from him is stealing, and just cost the team 7 points.

It is no different. It is a game. The purpose is to play within the rules in order to be better than your opponents. Plundering is part of the game. It is not mean. It is not unfair. It is not the wrong damned thing.

DeletedUser14197

I don't plunder normally. I wouldn't feel badly about plundering if the neighborhoods were even I probably never should have started playing this game since it is based on one having to be back to collect or get plundered. Sure, one can keep from getting plundered most of the time by collecting on time. However, I will not base my life around a game, so at times I do not get back at a set time even though I think I will be able to, so there is always the chance that I could get plundered. Therefore, it has discouraged me from even producing goods, and thus I am not really playing as actively as I was before.
I think the game should not allow anyone to call others whiners or other names. It is mean spiritied. If someone wants to complain about being plundered, that is what the forem is for, telling what you like and what you don't like. So yes, the forem is for complaining, but it is not for name calling. I would much rather read pages of peoples complaints than one post by someone calling someone a name for expressing their complaint.

Mustapha00

Well, it is an approved part of the game, even if it is as poorly implemented as possibly any facet of any game I've ever played.

Inno is well aware of this deficiency in their product, and seems to be either unable or unwilling to do anything substantive to fix it, even if it would be something as simple as better thought out neighborhood merges (and I say "simple" because, as they already have neighborhood merges, changing the existing system would be easier than introducing an entirely new system).

Given the way it is implemented, there really is only one effective way to defend against plundering: collect production on time.

You are given the capability of building >A< military defense, but it will almost never be successful in preventing attacks from players in later Eras or even in same-Era troops if the player builds his city with PvP in mind. That is why I say that it is horribly implemented.

DeletedUser11463

Plunder is a PART of the game. It isn't the only thing in the game, nor is it a WRONG part of the game. When I first get in the the hood, I aid all of my neighbors, then if I don't get aid back I attack and plunder. Some are stronger than me, so I leave them alone. Most are not. There are ways to prevent or at least reduce plundering. And getting plundered sucks, but hey that is life. Have you ever watched monkeys in a cage? The strongest one whacks another one. Then the whacked one finds someone weaker and whacks them; and so it goes.
Then I get the occasional person that plunders me and I have the ability to plunder them back. I usually end up getting more than they took from me. Ahhh, this game is fun. Whine, scream, fight back, ignore it, rant and rave....nothing is going to change. Deal with it.

cbalto1927

well, if people stop putting up pitifully defense such as 2 spearman defense then that would invite attacks and plunders. I have players in the hood who are one age higher and have higher attack percentage than me, however their defense as usual is bare-minimum. It is suggested to keep your cities balanced between attack and defense percentage.o_O

DeletedUser10076

I honestly don't know what you're doing in this game if you're are not attacking and plundering...but that is my opinion.

Truly I kinda view those that look down on plundering as children. They remind me of my nephew while playing risk, monopoly, shogun or something of the sort where half the time he is begging for a trade or not to be attacked. Of course I never listen. Guess what? He's getting better wont be long till he actually wins a game.

DeletedUser23123

well, if people stop putting up pitifully defense such as 2 spearman defense then that would invite attacks and plunders. I have players in the hood who are one age higher and have higher attack percentage than me, however their defense as usual is bare-minimum. It is suggested to keep your cities balanced between attack and defense percentage.o_O
That also something I don't understand. Saw a city with wave of HMA Units barracks. I thinking "Ok time for a practice run". I know I was going to lose. But, what I see. 2 spearfighter. This player is in LMA with Rogues, watchfires and GBs with defense boost. Like he was just waiting to see who would hit him. Like someone in a crowd with a hidden brass knuckle waiting for a fight.

Algona

I think the game should not allow anyone to call others whiners or other names. It is mean spiritied. If someone wants to complain about being plundered, that is what the forem is for, telling what you like and what you don't like. So yes, the forem is for complaining, but it is not for name calling. I would much rather read pages of peoples complaints than one post by someone calling someone a name for expressing their complaint.

Is it OK for the complainer to call the plunders names? Seems to happen pretty often...

Is it OK if I complain about folk complaining about being plundered?

DeletedUser6815

Good question, good thread, some good comments.

This game is what you make it. You can make it more of a city building game, but you will still have to do some fighting and you will still be plundered. That too is a part of the game.

I, like many others, make this more of a war game. We fight and plunder as often as we can and we love it. We build to make war.

If players want to complain about me plundering or curse me for plundering, that is fine. It doesn't stop the plundering.

When I get plundered, I try to plunder back and I guard my goods carefully.

Sure complaining about the plundering is fine. But plundering is a part of the game. One of which I take full advantage.

cbalto1927

Good question, good thread, some good comments.

This game is what you make it. You can make it more of a city building game, but you will still have to do some fighting and you will still be plundered. That too is a part of the game.

I, like many others, make this more of a war game. We fight and plunder as often as we can and we love it. We build to make war.

If players want to complain about me plundering or curse me for plundering, that is fine. It doesn't stop the plundering.

When I get plundered, I try to plunder back and I guard my goods carefully.

Sure complaining about the plundering is fine. But plundering is a part of the game. One of which I take full advantage.

I agree, and every time i plunder a player's goods i laugh and giggle. Thinking how dumb a player would leave a day's worth of goods and not collecting them :)