• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FoE Soccer Cup 2016 - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser14197

So, you are saying that if I simply do the 100% shot everytime, I will end up with enough to buy 20 watchfires? Of course, they would have to be offered again at the end for this to work. The last time they did this event, I am pretty sure that whatever they had at the end was like lame. But, I will probably just collect mine as long as the quests are easy, but I certainly dont' plan on goign out of my way since it doesn't appear that there is anything except watchfires that I want and I am not building up the pot again for someone to come in before i am done shooting and grab the prize. I am pretty sure it was the top player in my neighborhood as well. Kind of makes one wonder is there isn't some kind of favortism in this game. After all I am future age and have over 3million points and play daily and yet I can't seem to be put even in a neighborhood where I am above 60 for months. A game built on skill would be nice instead of luck. Luck to get the prize. Luck to get in the top of a neighborhood. Or is it?

DeletedUser10415

Luck to get the prize. Luck to get in the top of a neighborhood. Or is it?
42163d977c524efd8bd51680d36685a0.jpg

DeletedUser8152

Decent chance that the player at the top of your hood spends more diamonds than you. That would explain those types of correlations...

DeletedUser26263

I can't agree with some of what I see here. Innogames is NOT a non-profit organization, Lol! Of course they want you to buy diamonds. Pays the light bill! So I do all the time. The issue here is not anyone's motives, profit incentives or otherwise. I'd rather look at the event itself - that is what this thread was about, no? Feedback on the event. So let me first offer two positives:

1. I love the fact that FOE is constantly in motion - new quests, new promotions, new events. The fact that the Soccer event is here at all to me is a good thing. It shows a desire to keep things moving.
2. Occasional events involving random chance (luck) are also OK. Life is very random. Sometimes "stuff just happens". I think some rolling of the dice is perfectly warranted - and makes the game more realistic if it is kept in perspective.

That said, a positive suggestion -- this game event relies a bit too heavily on luck. Wouldn't it be more fun to actually include a challenge that determines the likelihood of scoring? A battle. A small quest. Even a simple point-and-shoot application would make this seem less like watching random numbers flash on the screen. Difficulty levels could be varied for each "Trophy Pack" one aims for - or even sorted by one's current Age. There are a plethora of possibilities which would make the experience more of a challenge to win rather than just a flip of a coin.

Food for thought. As I said I love FOE. This particular quest unfortunately left me wanting a bit is all.

iamtheemperor

Gaah! What has been seen cannot be unseen! Although... that video pretty much sums up the attitudes of some...

At any rate I do not understand at all where some of these posts are coming from. How is this event different from any other? You press a button and a little fellow kicks a ball and the outcome is random... or you press a button and a card turns over and the outcome is random... or you press a button and a wheel spins and the outcome is random... or you press a button and open a chest and the outcome is random... I see no difference besides the theme.

I like the soccer event, and why not? Soccer dudes are hot! Although the little fellow looks so sad when he misses, it hurts my heart a little.

Algona

not many are going to be on for those 720 hours. people have lives, things to do since it's summer. and it is set up to entice people to take the other shots with the rolling jackpots.

Ya just ain't thinkin' this through, I think yer 'way too busy trying to find fault. Those people with a 'life' manage to play the game with a 10 hour FP timer, pretty sure they can cope with an 11 hour Shot timer.

So what if INNO dangles stuff? They do now with everything else. People are grabbin' what they want. Why are you raining on their parade?

Would you be happy if you got 5 cups back and the prize was reduced from 40 to 35? Or are you just chasing free cups?

DeletedUser6365

Ya just ain't thinkin' this through, I think yer 'way too busy trying to find fault. Those people with a 'life' manage to play the game with a 10 hour FP timer, pretty sure they can cope with an 11 hour Shot timer.

So what if INNO dangles stuff? They do now with everything else. People are grabbin' what they want. Why are you raining on their parade?

Would you be happy if you got 5 cups back and the prize was reduced from 40 to 35? Or are you just chasing free cups?
i don't think you are thinking it through. people don't use every single one of those 10 FP is what i am saying. just because it is possible to get 24 FP a day doesn't mean that people use all 24 of those FP every day. what if you go away? or work late? there are a million reasons why you wouldn't get those.

and it isn't bad form to dangle stuff that you pay for and get. when you start dangling stuff through gambling is when i feel as though a line is crossed. lots of games do it, so it's not like they are the devil or what not, but i have seen stuff like this destroy games and parent's credit cards within minutes. it's just bad form.

and i am chasing cups, i thought that is quite clear when i said it would be better if we got cups each time we took a shot. so at least people walk away with something if they decide to take part in the fun the gambling brings. i just feel as though people wouldn't be as heartbroken. they changed the easter event because people without friends didn't get many eggs, yet it's wrong to think they should do something so people get cups while participating in the exciting part of the event?

DeletedUser25235

Please tell us more about the Soccer Field: Is it ageless or does it need a renovation kit as you move up? If so, what are the numbers? Thanks.

DeletedUser8152

The soccer field has an age and would require a reno kit to advance.

cbalto1927

i don't think you are thinking it through. people don't use every single one of those 10 FP is what i am saying. just because it is possible to get 24 FP a day doesn't mean that people use all 24 of those FP every day. what if you go away? or work late? there are a million reasons why you wouldn't get those.

Just in case you forget, There's mobile applications for Android and IOS. I am sure people at lunch breaks or their time off would spend a few mins collecting forge points and shots before the timer gets full. I work full time and still able to "check-in" to do what i need to do in the game.

DeletedUser6365

Just in case you forget, There's mobile applications for Android and IOS. I am sure people at lunch breaks or their time off would spend a few mins collecting forge points and shots before the timer gets full. I work full time and still able to "check-in" to do what i need to do in the game.
what is with you people and thinking that the majority of people think about this game 24/7. can we be realistic for once?

DeletedUser14197

Decent chance that the player at the top of your hood spends more diamonds than you. That would explain those types of correlations...

Not sure what this has to do with me throwing all those balls and him coming in and getting the prize. It may be luck, but it wouldn't have anything to do with diamonds. I am the one who got it up that high. I may be too tired, but a game of skill would not mean I can't make it past 60 in my neighborhood, when there are obviously neighborhoods that I could be higher in, and I know full well, that there were others above me when they moved me into the one I am in now who did not come with me. The neighborhood changes have not been significant. The only correlation I can see to BUYING diamonds and getting to be top in the neighborhood or luckier on events, would be if the game actually gave favortism to those players. I doubt that is what you mean, so if you want to, you can try to explain it to me. I am sure it is too late right now and I am tired.

DeletedUser10789

Ok, so here you go. Let me be very clear as well and if anyone looks at my posts they make think all I do is complain. While this entire time I have stated that I enjoy the game and like it very much. Additionally, I have stated that I PAY to play this game of my FREE WILL. Now that said, here is my point.

I do like this event, but really, when have we had an event that is NOT BASED ON CHANCE and LUCK.? The last event Easter was just that and for those that did not know, we had previous years where we could buy what we wanted too with our EGGS. This event, sorry Jaelis has changed from 2 years ago, so you are aware and I did play it then and I liked it too. I even have a Trophy from being one of the high scorers for the week on my Primary World.

Now, onto a test I did before. Here in a random world of mine. Yes, I diamond farm 10 worlds and play Beta too, not very often but still do. I am on my Primary World Most of the time and I am sorry, I will NOT disclose what worlds they are, as I have been moved around (they say random) and other issues I have had. Let's just say, it happens. Now on X world, I saw some Cups for the taking and no one was going after it. So, I did. I burned thru 3 - 5 Shot Packs and then it forced me to purchase (well not forced but I did it anyway :) ) I spent diamonds on kicks. I did one at a time, which at 10 diamonds is the exact same price for 11 shots at 110 diamonds, FYI, everyone. Anyway, I took 5 shots, then the 3 - 5 shot packs for 20 Shots on the 5% and I kept on kicking. I burned thru 500 diamonds, YES 500 DIAMONDS, wile I kept on kicking. Don't believe me, let's just say, I personally took that 5% sucker up from I believe 200 ish and won over 1400 cups. Yes, it was all my diamonds I spent and I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT IT AT ALL. At anytime, I could have walked away, which I did one and said, enough. But I went back for more. Maybe that says something about my impulse control. Anyway, so I spent 500 diamonds which is equal to 50 shots plus the 20 shots for a total of 70 shots and I finally won the cups. Talk about a waste, but with the Guild Expedition and my WW's the 500 diamonds is nearly meaningless to me.

Now I will say this. On all of my first 9 worlds, I started with 25 CUPS. Yes, that is what said when I logged in. Then when I went to my "U" world, I received 0 (ZERO) Cups to start off with. So, tell me, is there a bug with "U" world, or are they only giving certain worlds CUPS to start the event with.?

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser10789

Prizes suck? I'm going to have fun on paying half-price on my premium residentials :)
Sorry, I could not resist and I have to point out some very simple math here. I know you are an employee of the game, so I do not want to get you mad at me, still. Let's look at your point and let others draw their own conclusions.

So, right now the Current Prize is a Premium Residential Building which you can purchase for 900 Cups. Yes, that is the Tree House Hotel in Future Age, I am speaking of. Now that is a cost of 900 cups. Can we agree so far.?

If you are to purchase this said building (Tree House Hotel) if you are in that age, it will cost you 500 Diamonds. Can we agree on that too.? Or is my game charging me more than I should pay.?

Now, follow me here. 500 Diamonds is the cost to purchase the Tree House Hotel in Future Age or you can purchase it RIGHT NOW for 900 CUPS. Still following.? So, how do I get 900 cups if the event just started, well, I have to purchase them, can we agree on that.? Right now 400 Cups costs 200 Diamonds. So, 900-400 = 500 CUPS SHORT. If I buy more CUPS or a second package of 400 Cups it cost me another 200 Diamonds. Correct and still following.? Now I have 800 Cups (2 x's 400 Cups from Diamond Purchases) and I still need 900 Cups, right.? So, I am 100 Cups short and I have NOW spent 400 Diamonds, you still following.?

So, I need to buy more cups. Now I buy another 400 cups package for YET another 200 Diamonds and now I have 1200 Cups RIGHT.? Enough to purchase the Tree House Hotel for 900 Cups. Now I spend the 900 Cups and it cost me 600 Diamonds, SURE I have CUPS left over, but again, let's be honest fair and tell the real story. The real story is, you paying half price for some Premium Residentials, is that the Employee Discount or am I just being over charged.? Again, YES, I will have CUPS left over, but still. If I am NOT lucky and I have to buy cups, this is what it will cost me. Let's be honest about it and I have already had a few complain that they are not getting lucky on this event and like I proved yet above, over 70 shots at a 5% to wit I witnessed with my own eyes, now I saw that. Let's be honest and tell the truth. Some are luckier than others and THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME OTHERS, INCLUDING MYSELF, have stated this on the FORUMS.

Please report this back to your bosses, so they can see all the right feedback and maybe they can hire some with some real creativity and make the game a TRUE PLAYERS GAME.

"The Game" asks for feedback, but are they really listening.? Or the bigger question is, DO THEY REALLY CARE and is this forums just hear to allow the players to feel like they "might" have a voice.?

In my first post here, I gave the game a great idea for a TRUE Revenue Stream and trust me, I am a Former Big Big Boss myself, so I know a few things about sales, marketing and player retention. A new age is great, but true creativity is what the players wants and of here is one for you. According to the WIKI, "the game" wants to charge us players, 4500 Cups for a Hall of Fame, 5000 Cups for a Rogue Hideout and 6250 for a Shrine of Awe"FUL" and the Shrine of Inspiration "Frustration". REALLY.? 6250 cups for those Shrines and can you really address that "the game" feels that those crappy Shrines are worth more than a Rogue Hideout.? And even 5000 Cups for a Rogue Hideout.? WOW, "the game" is really wanting the new players to pay up for the best item in the game. Can you say Money Grab and I fully understand if no one from "the game" wants to address any of this, as it speaks for itself and as such, I (LordStevie) have NOT breeched any rules and am in full compliance of said stated rules as contained herein the "Forums" and "The Game" and as such, NO Violations on my behalf have occurred due to stating factual information as per "the game" itself. Thank you.

Steve - LordStevie

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25991

I'm not here to whine and snivel about what I do not like about the soccer event.
But, I do have a question.
Does the shot counter at the top of the page max out at specific number of shots as the FP counter does?
Or, can it accumulate as many shots as you want it to?
Mine has hit 10 and is still running a count down to the next shot to be added.

DeletedUser10789

I'm not here to whine and snivel about what I do not like about the soccer event.
Does the shot counter at the top of the page max out at specific number of shots as the FP counter does?

Solo,
It is just like the Forge Point Counter and it will run or extend to 11. Once you hit 11, it will pause, until you take a shot.
Sorry, that would be nice, but not the way they have designed the game. The game wants you to me more active and online more, as any game would. Nothing wrong with it, just the way it was designed.

DeletedUser10415

DeletedUser25991

Just to be sure I understand correctly, The shot counter maxes out at 11 shots.
After that, you're basically throwing them away, if you do not use enough to keep the counter below 11.
The same as forge points after 10 are in the counter.

EDIT:
After watching the Spinal Tap clip, it all makes perfect sense. Or, does it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26263

A small side note - let's call it "mostly on topic".

I've been playing the game for some time, and this is my first foray into actually POSTING here in the forums. From what I've seen, credit to the Moderators who are allowing free, open discussion of the game including criticism. Credit to many posters who are going to great length to make their case. This has, so far been very worth my time - I am learning a lot here from all the perspectives and opinions.

I recognize that events such as this will always have supporters and detractors. But I think it would be wise for each of the camps -- lets call them "Soccer" and "No Soccer" to keep two things in mind. To the "Soccer" folks I say that the argument "we've always done it that way" does NOT cut it. Some of us were not playing FOE in 2014. Others who did were not happy then. Change is a good thing and necessary for survival - let alone growth of FOE's base. To the "No Soccer" folks I would say let's keep this in perspective. This is only one event, it will pass and others will come that we do like. FOE's basic structure is sound and we're enjoying it or we wouldn't be here, right?

I remain in the "No Soccer" camp but as I said only provisionally - I would be more receptive to it if it was more interesting. Example: suggestions have been made to turn off the animation. This begs the obvious question - then WHY IS IT THERE? Suggestions have been made to only use the 100%-chance kicks - again with the obvious reply then WHY HAVE THE OTHER HIGH RISK CATEGORIES? The net effect of these and other issues created a negative reaction from myself and many others on my friends list and in my Guilds. They all found it - well - BORING. Better to just go to Vega$ and throw coins in a machine and watch the reels turn, at least sometimes you get paid real cash, right?

All the other issues - Innogames making money (which it should BTW), why this prize over that one in some other questline, even how one gets to be "Top Dog" in one's neighborhood are interesting side notes. But fundamentally, to the topic as proposed ... I'm seeing more negative reactions to this than positive ones. Hopefully, notice is taken and review processes engaged by those who can do so. That would make this Forum experience even more satisfying than it has been so far, at least for my part. Good show folks and thank you all.