• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FoE Soccer Cup 2016 - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser26263

Preface to this critique: I am pretty much one of FOE's most loyal, Guild-founding, Diamond and Package-buying players.

I honestly think with this promotion your team either (1) Ran out of ideas in mid-stream or (2) Came to the honest conclusion that what the game lacked was GAMBLING. Because that is exactly what this is. You either earn chances or buy them, and wait for the software's random number generator to decide on each click whether you are a winner or loser. It is literally tantamount to sticking coins in a slot machine.

I appreciate FOE's quests, promotions and events. I play all of them regularly when I can. But honestly, this seems to be half-finished as if the development team simply ran out of ideas at some point and simply said "Meh - let's just make it a lottery". I will play it as I can, but folks this one is boring.

You can do better FOE. You Generally do.

DeletedUser8152

This is exactly how it worked in the last soccer event. And really aren't most of the big events just gambling? Christmas and summer are equally random. Seems to me that's just how they do events.

DeletedUser26263

To a point its gambling -- but this one is so totally random in its outcomes. The quests you engage have almost nothing to do with your success. At least, for example, the Easter Egg hunt had some sense of skill needed to make it work. This is literally a dice roll. Disappointing.

DeletedUser10789

Preface to this critique: I am pretty much one of FOE's most loyal, Guild-founding, Diamond and Package-buying players.

I honestly think with this promotion your team either (1) Ran out of ideas in mid-stream or (2) Came to the honest conclusion that what the game lacked was GAMBLING. Because that is exactly what this is. You either earn chances or buy them, and wait for the software's random number generator to decide on each click whether you are a winner or loser. It is literally tantamount to sticking coins in a slot machine.

I appreciate FOE's quests, promotions and events. I play all of them regularly when I can. But honestly, this seems to be half-finished as if the development team simply ran out of ideas at some point and simply said "Meh - let's just make it a lottery". I will play it as I can, but folks this one is boring.

You can do better FOE. You Generally do.

Well, I would like to say, AMEN and I am glad someone else pointed this out, like I did a few months ago with the Easter Event.
I will say, welcome to FOE and to the lack of vision and creativity within the game.

About this event, this event was put out 2 years ago with some tweaks to it. This is a FUN EVENT, but like you said MORE GAMBLING. I am NOT knocking it, as I like this event and just happy they did NOT ruin this one like they did the Easter Event. What most fail to see is the BIG PICTURE here, "the game" has clearly shifted into maxing or enticing players to spend the most they can on "the game". While we can all and will all agree that NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE and as such, we should all pay to play any game. I pay money to play this game and I have purchased more diamonds than most, but if you want to talk about other issues how about this one, which I might not be allowed to talk about. The days of having a sale on the game and instead of them giving us useless blue prints and items we don't wont or need, how about giving us the TRUE NATURE of any sale. Either discount the prices or give us MORE DIAMONDS, per package. Now that is the sales that we use to have, which only proves "the game" wanting to entice more players to pay up for items they do not want or need. I believe we can all agree, that if you BUY/Purchase Diamonds, it is mutually agreed that you want to spend them on the game. As such, "the game" figured this very point out, finally and has since baited us into thinking with a Sale giving away (to most) useless Blue Prints as a bonus, that's NOT the definition of a SALE. That is an enticement to buy. Period and end of story.

Now, as predicted by myself. I said that new building they introduced to the game "the shrine of desperation", Oh, I meant "Shrine of Inspiration" talk about the lack of creativity, where it gives you 1 (one) random blue print EVERY 2 days. Who said what would happen next, Oh I did, the drop rates have gone down on drops of all blue prints when M/P. Maybe the game should explain to us, how they didn't change the drop rates of Blue Prints for players who M/P.? Don't believe me, well, I have 140 people on my FL, over 75 in my guild and over 80 players in my neighborhood. I do daily M/P and I use to get at the very least 4-5 BP's per day doing M/P. Now I find I am lucky to get 1 per day. Sometimes I get ZERO. The last time I would received ZERO Blue Prints is when I started the game and didn't know what M/P was. Sure I have one of those wasted Shrine's and the ONLY time you will see it on my map/city is when I quit the game, that with a Notre Dame (GB), if you see those two on my map/city then you know I quit and got tired of the game. A New Age will NOT keep me playing with a fraction of it coming out and more of a carrot and stick, just sit back and wait. Instead of fixing issues, bugs and the like (Massive Lag), let's put out more content that from what I understand the new buildings in the New or Latest Age are not much better then Future Age. It is sad the lack of creativity and the way in which this game has taken, it is sad.

There are so many great ideas out there to really inspire people to want to play and really spend money on a game for something worth playing. Now, sadly enough, it is very lacking. Here, I will give you one real fast. Allow a player to PURCHASE another map/town or a SUB ISLAND. Allow this player to expand that island with expansions, using medals, diamonds and the like there. Then allow that SUB ISLAND to be used for any use the player desires, like farming or fighting. Also allow that SUB ISLAND to be attacked and plundered as well and then allow a PLAYER to Purchase another SUB ISLAND. Notice I said, purchase and talk about a real true money maker. Imagine a very high level player with 5 SUB ISLANDS and some farming and some fighting. Now that would truly be something that people would spend money on having.

I almost forgot, the Drop Rates for Blue Prints is because "the game" figured out that people will pay 200 Diamonds for each print they need to get a GB or add a level. So, "the game" is getting smarter about how to "inspire" their players or "entice" them to spend money on things they don't want or need. Yes, there are many things we all need in the game, some we do not need and are a waste of space. Come on, get back to your creativity and give us stuff we truly want and/or need. Not stuff some will kiss up and say, this is great and that is great. The New Great Building in the new age, Arctic Future Age is a joke. Medals.? At least my ARC gives me a reason now to have it, in the New Age, people are upset that they put new Arctic Future Age Goods to the Guild Treasury with no use in site or even spoken about. Unreal.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser24765

Really guys? You brought a gambling event into strategy game? As a game producer I know this is the best strategy of bringing a lot of money to your accounts in a very fast manner. You win the match, but will lose the championship as the players will slowly begin to be disappointed and give a poor rating to your game. I tried the event and did not win anything after using more than 40 balls. More than half of those were used with a double chance. It will greatly disadvantage the players who don't have enough money to spend in games. This event was the final drop which filled the glass. As LordStevie stated above (very well said!), there are already too many "features" which require payment either because of the drop rates or the time needed to be completed. I am beginning to get very disappointed in the way this game develops.

DeletedUser8152

OK, if someone doesn't like the event that's cool, we're all entitled to our opinions and this is the right place to express them. But it's a bit silly to make this out as some kind of "new" approach in the game. The major events (with the exception of Easter) have worked this way since they were first introduced several years ago. This very soccer event is essentially identical to what they did in 2014.

So, go ahead and argue that the game would be better if they did events differently, I'm all for it. But I'm not very sympathetic to claims that the game is "becoming" more venal or whatever. This is just how the game works and if it hasn't ruined things up to now I guess it won't going forward.

DeletedUser14197

I am pretty sure that last time we had this event, I wasn't really thrilled about it. I think it was a let down. I looked at the possible prizes and the costs and there aren't many I want and the costs of the ones I do want aren't exactly cheap. Maybe one could get one by just doing the safe shot with all ones balls, but I am not sure it is worth the time. I decided to go after the big one and even used my diamonds twice and than someone got the big prize of 1300. Now 220 diamonds or whatever it cost me is no big deal. They were free from wishing wells, and quests etc. But, it has turned me off to it. After all, why use free diamonds even when it is not a sure thing. If no one else could do shot while one was working on one, than it would be worth it to me. But, if I can put in all my balls and someone can come in a get what I worked for, I am not interested. I don't guess I will actively do this event in my cities after all. I am not lucky. There is no skill involved, but I do see it is taking my time and I have been on the game more than usual.

DeletedUser17572

Well this event settles it Inno is all about making as much money as they can on this game instead of making it enjoyable for everyone.... if the events keep heading more and more in this same direction I will no longer be playing this game because I refuse to waste money on this game when there are very very very minimal improvements made

DeletedUser24719

Ok here we go again with predominately useless rewards for too much cost. I mean 2000 cups for a stupid fan shop? I can build the damn thing for free and it aint that great. When are the self proclaimed wizards of smart at INNO going to really do something for the players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8420

For some odd reason you felt the need to use a Huge, Bold, Bright font to make your point. Perhaps, you made FOE's point for them... just sayin'
it seems the only way to get their attention is by using the same technique they do!

speaking of which ....grrrrrr..... the acknowledgement box overlays the grab your prize box....SEVERAL times when I clicked on the "ok" the blasted box clicked on the increase your chance and cost me 20 cups...when I was doing the 100% chance of getting 10 cups ...WHY would I need to double my chance when it was a sure thing? I wouldn't but according the support there was nothing amiss because it showed I clicked on the double your chance and thereby I didn't lose 20 cups I spent it.

OH and when I then clicked on the x on a message that automatically clicked on the 5% chance shot when I didn't want to use that one. So now when I take a shot I have to refresh the screen in order to go back to be able to take another shot....

Although the one time it worked to my favor I clicked on the gold box and what did I get"??????
2 Blue prints....are you kidding me???? BLUEPRINTS???? I NEED BLUEPRINTS LIKE I NEED A HOLE IN MY COMPUTER SCREEN!!!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS....DURING THE EASTER EVENT I GOT BLUEPRINTS 80% OF THE TIME AND NOW THIS???? I AM REALLY GETTING FED UP WITH THIS GAME!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26263

I just to clarify one point here -- I'm not about the game BECOMING something nefarious. Far from it, actually. I love FOE. Probably more than most people. As I said above, I am a regular purchaser of Army Packs, Building Packs, Diamonds. That's not about to change. And I don't have a problem with Innogames making incentives for folks to spend -- they are entitled to make their money. I'm happy to help with that, trust me!

What I'm saying is that this promotion just needs a serious second look. If it's going to be about random chance, it needs to be more interactive and interesting than this. From my point of view, this is boring. That's all.

DeletedUser10076

I just to clarify one point here -- I'm not about the game BECOMING something nefarious. Far from it, actually. I love FOE. Probably more than most people. As I said above, I am a regular purchaser of Army Packs, Building Packs, Diamonds. That's not about to change. And I don't have a problem with Innogames making incentives for folks to spend -- they are entitled to make their money. I'm happy to help with that, trust me!

What I'm saying is that this promotion just needs a serious second look. If it's going to be about random chance, it needs to be more interactive and interesting than this. From my point of view, this is boring. That's all.

Well i think its one of the better events. It looks like it going to come every other year. My only problem with it, is it reminded me of the atrocity that is the HOF, and its implementation. By the way the announcement about the refunds never came to the us server. I also don't like that SOKs and renokits just can't be flat out bought with cups, but oh well.

Play pot odds based of the 100% 10 cup shot and you should be find.

Algona

Well this event settles it Inno is all about making as much money as they can on this game instead of making it enjoyable for everyone.... if the events keep heading more and more in this same direction I will no longer be playing this game because I refuse to waste money on this game when there are very very very minimal improvements made

It took you over a year to figure out INNO is trying to make as much as they can? What the hell is wrong with making as much as they can? Do you really expect people to work for less than the maximum amount they can get? This ain't armed robbery, if folk will pay, why should INNO not accept?

When you leave, can I have your diamonds?

DeletedUser6365

OK, if someone doesn't like the event that's cool, we're all entitled to our opinions and this is the right place to express them. But it's a bit silly to make this out as some kind of "new" approach in the game. The major events (with the exception of Easter) have worked this way since they were first introduced several years ago. This very soccer event is essentially identical to what they did in 2014.

So, go ahead and argue that the game would be better if they did events differently, I'm all for it. But I'm not very sympathetic to claims that the game is "becoming" more venal or whatever. This is just how the game works and if it hasn't ruined things up to now I guess it won't going forward.
this event isn't like the others. other events, if you did something, you were guaranteed at least something. this isn't like spinning a wheel that will always give you something, or opening presents that will always give you something, or getting eggs that will get you something. this has the possibility of someone getting nothing if they are unlucky. and don't say just take the 100% shots. if people did that, then the event would be essentially pointless, so they know that people are going to risk. it's not a user friendly system and is predatory. even if it is crap like coins or supplies, at least it is something for our time on the game during the event. i don't care if this is the same as the last soccer event, as the last soccer event shouldn't have happened either.

you should at least get some cups for taking the shot. otherwise this is a gambling based money grab and makes me dislike the game.

DeletedUser9184

Prizes suck? I'm going to have fun on paying half-price on my premium residentials :)

DeletedUser6365

You can take the 10 cups shot and success is guaranteed.
did you not read my post?

of course you can, and then the event becomes pretty much meaningless and boring with very little rewards. i am just saying that there is a possibility that someone gets nothing from the event. that isn't good business. this event promotes gambling with the actual feeling of loss. why would a game want to put it's players in the dumps? why would it be so bad that you get like 2 cups or something for each shot you take? players can still get something in the end instead of just getting extremely upset with nothing to show for it. that's how you get people to leave a game over something that is supposed to give the game some life and make it more fun. it's just a stupid idea the way it is set up now, there is really no way around it.

Algona

of course you can, and then the event becomes pretty much meaningless and boring with very little rewards. i am just saying that there is a possibility that someone gets nothing from the event.

It'd be a fair stretch for someone to miss 700+ shots.

If you go conservative, I'm pretty sure you can get some decent prizes with 7500+ cups. (30 days = 720 hours = 7200 cups if you just take the 10 cup shot. Doesn't include the shot packages from quests.) That's about 20 watchfires if they stay at 400 cups. Seems good?

DeletedUser6365

It'd be a fair stretch for someone to miss 700+ shots.

If you go conservative, I'm pretty sure you can get some decent prizes with 7500+ cups. (30 days = 720 hours = 7200 cups if you just take the 10 cup shot. Doesn't include the shot packages from quests.) That's about 20 watchfires if they stay at 400 cups. Seems good?
not many are going to be on for those 720 hours. people have lives, things to do since it's summer. and it is set up to entice people to take the other shots with the rolling jackpots. again, why would it be so hard to give people cups for taking shots? people would still chase jackpots and spend their diamonds, and those that lose on the jackpots won't be left with nothing. would just make the actual event more fun other than either gambling or just clicking for the 10 cups.

DeletedUser

Do the quests, save up the extra packs you get. If you are on and there is no good rolling jackpot going, spend as many shots as you need to in order to get back up to 11 the next time you log on. That way you can get a steady supply of lower rewards and be loaded for when the big rewards show up