• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FoE Soccer Cup 2016 - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser26274

So I have gotten enough cups to open 4 chests thus far, between 2 cities. On all 4 I got soccer fields. I built one in my early middle age city because I had some spare room, and find that it is worth having there just until I need the huge amount of space it takes up for something else. So my question is this: Will there ever be a way to trade these in, or sell them off, or something? Or am I just collecting buildings I dont want and will never build?

DeletedUser10415

Will there ever be a way to trade these in, or sell them off, or something? Or am I just collecting buildings I dont want and will never build?

At present, event buildings are worth absolutely nothing if sold, quite unlike standard buildings, which at least return 1/4 of their list cost to construct when sold after being built. There was a proposal submitted to the devs in early May of this year to add a forge-point value to event buildings so that when sold, they too would be worth something, but no action on that yet, and of course probably never.

DeletedUser17988

I see a flaw, The exit button from having a miss, or gaining a reward bleeds through when selecting that button, hitting the "spend 20 cup"button under the pop up window., causing us to spend an extra 20 cups for the percentage boost.. I have lost 60 cups due to this bug, when I had no more shots left to take.

DeletedUser14197

My low age city is doing better but it is very apparent that's because my hoodies in the lower age world are much less on-the-ball.

I kind of think this may be why I do best in my low age city as well.

DeletedUser20367

I see a flaw, The exit button from having a miss, or gaining a reward bleeds through when selecting that button, hitting the "spend 20 cup"button under the pop up window., causing us to spend an extra 20 cups for the percentage boost.. I have lost 60 cups due to this bug, when I had no more shots left to take.

I reported this when the Event was on Beta. Don't think anything is going to be done about it. I do my best to aim for the gap between the buttons when I click 'okay'.

qaccy

It would be reasonable (in a game that already shows a player his or her own time zone everywhere else it is applicable) to show the player times in his own time zone

It doesn't, though. The only place where the time is adjusted to match your own is in chat. Everywhere else is either just a countdown timer (where time zone is irrelevant), or set to the server's time zone (which for the US servers I've played on, seems to be Eastern while I'm on Pacific). Just a nitpicky thing, but it's been like this ever since I started playing in 2013 so it's probably not a high priority for the devs to address. :)

DeletedUser26276

We are interested in hearing your thoughts and comments about the FoE Soccer Cup 2016.

Enjoy the game!
Your Forge of Empires Team
If I build a soccer stadium, will English fans show up and destroy my city like they did in Marsielle yesterday.

Algona

Yeah, I've gotten that as well. Happily the fans will patiently wait for your next shot, so you can hold off taking that shot until you have a decent payoff.

I've also accidentally clicked on a prize and bought it. Like I really needed more supplies...

What was the old acronym? EBKAC? I think I need to make haste more slowly.

DeletedUser11609

So, they raised the cup cost of many of the items, and have lost player interest/population at the same time?
Last Soccer event, the top cup winners were hitting 2K+ all the time, in the 5 cities I still bother to collect on, I think the highest score is like 1300....
Don't even know why I bother collecting, other than having too much time on my hands. Explains why they've been hitting the advertising so hard though....:)

DeletedUser9433

So, they raised the cup cost of many of the items, and have lost player interest/population at the same time?
Last Soccer event, the top cup winners were hitting 2K+ all the time, in the 5 cities I still bother to collect on, I think the highest score is like 1300....
Don't even know why I bother collecting, other than having too much time on my hands. Explains why they've been hitting the advertising so hard though....:)
I don't really believe 5 hoods across all the worlds and hoods that exist is much on which to base your conclusion. My Hood in my main world has a top score of 2305 cups.

DeletedUser10415

I'm having a hard time getting excited about this event, but maybe that's because I'm having a hard time even bothering to login to FoE anymore, after the abysmal failure of the partial release of the lame AF. :p

iamtheemperor

I'm having a hard time getting excited about this event, but maybe that's because I'm having a hard time even bothering to login to FoE anymore, after the abysmal failure of the partial release of the lame AF. :p

Same here, except it's because I can't even log in at all. I guess my IP address starts with 104. :eek::mad::rolleyes:

CatNik

Same here, except it's because I can't even log in at all. I guess my IP address starts with 104. :eek::mad::rolleyes:
I figured they were having issues with certain IPs again. Did they announce this somewhere or did you contact support and they told you that?

Last edited:

CatNik

Does anyone know if there is going to be a hood shuffle during the event? I seem to remember there not being hood shuffles during big multi-week events like this, The next hood shuffle is due next week.

DeletedUser14197

Do they ever actually shuffle them enough to notice. It doesn't seem like my neighbors have changed much for like forever.

DeletedUser2714

When people miss a shot the rewards aren't adding up. they used to turn green and go up. Now I have to exit and open it back up to see what the new reward is. anyone else having this problem. I am using Firefox and it worked last week.

DeletedUser8420

So I am not the only one having this problem...sigh...ok two ways you can fix this...

1st - instead of clicking the acknowledgement button you can refresh the screen it is really irritating to do that every time but at least you wont lose any cups on the 20% chance button.

2nd way - leave animations on, and just as the kicker kicks the ball (the shot will be completed at the moment) quickly click the x at the top before the acknowledgment box pops on. It will close the soccer box but your cups earned (at least on mine) is in the total. I have been doing this over a dozen times and it works. I don't have to wait for a refresh and I don't lose any cups because of the accidental click on the 20% option.

DeletedUser14197

I see today that I have double percentages and I don't know how that happened. So I wasted 20 cups I guess since that is what it costs and so now there is a chance it will keep happening. I am not sure what I did to make it happen, but what you are saying is if I want to make sure it doesn't happen again, next time I go to leave the soccer game, I should leave and reload the game? I haven't shot any balls since this happened but they should not allow this to happen on accident this easily. I think this is the first time it happened to me. Really to leave the animations on is pretty time consuming. So, I can just shoot balls when I am planning to leave the city anyway.

I went and shot balls and see what you mean. I didn't accidentally hit double chance again. I think they need to fix it though. I was really careful and clicked on the side, but wondered if I could accidentally buy the tigers den as well. I certainly wouldn't want to waste that many cups on something I dont' want.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17681

Would someone please tell us if there is going to be a 2016 SUMMER EVENT? That is what everyone I have talked to in my guilds and friends were waiting for, not this stupid Soccer thing. The ONLY thing worth the frustration of kicking that ball is the possibility of getting medals packages. Everything else is so overpriced it is ridiculous. Did anyone even have 6K+ cups yet when the WW came up? Even the medals came at a time when most people in the US were asleep...at least those of us in the Western half of the country. If this very boring event is going to replace the Summer Event - which is my favorite and the fav of everyone I know --- many of us are thinking about a boycott or just quitting this game altogether. Haven't seen even a hint of Summer Event, not even on Beta. Say it ain't so!!!!