• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arthur Conan Doyle Historical Questline Feedback

qaccy

No sparky, I don't. My next scout costs a million coins, so had that lined up. Now I have to scout, acquire, scout, conquer.
Does not make sense no matter how you spin it sparky

Maybe it doesn't make sense to you since you can only see what's right in front of you, and got confused by my use of the word 'you' so I apologize for that. However, not everyone is in your situation and that's what I was trying to explain to you. I, for one, DO have a province that isn't currently completed that I can use for that first quest, followed by scouting a new one and then conquering it. Perhaps now what I was saying makes more sense to you?

DeletedUser26154

Landscapers did their work.

before.png

Waiting for the moving trucks to arrive.

room for the Big Beautiful Manor.png

I am displeased how they switched the order of scout, take 2, then take Province.
That doubled the work.
Not that I noticed...

507450.jpg

Still worth it.

Algona

In my new city I finished in about 10 hirs. In my main city I'm still a day or two away because of ny really stupid mistakes. Agreed with Ardak, this has been pretty easy for what sure looks like a very good prize. SoK? No. but I'd be happy with a dozen more Manors.

SIR Arthur Conan Doyle, respektieren, bitte, meine Herren.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7349

I think the idea is that you already have a province available to work on, which you most likely need to complete in order to scout a new province and then finish that one. So yes, it does make sense from that angle.
It doesn't make sense if you acquired a sector for the last event. Now you have to scout one just to infiltrate 2 sectors. Then you have to scout another one to acquire.
Researching a single tech doesn't cause as much a problem than having to acquire two sectors for each event does. I just moved into the Post Modern Era during the last event. Now I will have to get through the final 2 sectors in Contemporary Era if I want to complete this event. I can't build up any goods anymore because I have to keep trading them all away to get through sectors 2 ages ahead of me.
Why can't INNO get it through their heads that it should be 1) scout 2)infiltrate 3)acquire in that order and no other.
People want to play the events but can't because of this problem. Giving an alternate for researching a tech does nothing to having to acquire 2 sectors. I would gladly research 2 techs if I didn't have to go through so many sectors to do these events.

DeletedUser26154

Finished.

end 11 11.png

Good Two-Day Challenge.

manor quest done.png

Worth the Mouse-Clicking Effort.

manor stats.png

Lots of Land, as a Bonus.

land.png

Big Beautiful Lord's Manor.

My New Home.png

My New Home is Nice and Safe.

images (6).jpg

Thank you Inno for a Wonderful Event.

DeletedUser26660

I am displeased how they switched the order of scout, take 2, then take Province.

Same here, I am on an advanced section of the map and ready to scout with no sectors available as yet so don't want to have to scout twice, therefore I will do quest up to 4th task and then leave it at that.

Maybe the 5th task could have offered the option of scouting or take 2 sectors plus 11 FPs which would have given more flexibilty to those of us on advanced maps.

DeletedUser25166

Maybe it doesn't make sense to you since you can only see what's right in front of you, and got confused by my use of the word 'you' so I apologize for that. However, not everyone is in your situation and that's what I was trying to explain to you. I, for one, DO have a province that isn't currently completed that I can use for that first quest, followed by scouting a new one and then conquering it. Perhaps now what I was saying makes more sense to you?
Last 3 events, take province, this event, next event in 2 weeks. That's 5 in less than 2 months.
But that's ok, as long as you have one not completed.

DeletedUser26660

Last 3 events, take province, this event, next event in 2 weeks. That's 5 in less than 2 months.
But that's ok, as long as you have one not completed.

Exactly, well said, it appears little or no thought is given to those of us who are advanced on the map and therefore left with limited options.

Mandelynn

Once again, left out of the event due to sector/scouting/completing. Had high hopes this time they would also do an alternative to that like they indicated in the announcements.
Dumb to think giving an alternative to the tree and not the above is going to make events playable to everyone. This would just make things worse.
I'm already to far ahead on the map as it is as opposed to the tree and my sympathies go out to all the older players who also can't play.
I think kids designed this game.
It has potential of course but its a long way from making any sense.

DeletedUser25166

Here's the thing, and a sample size of 1, but last year when events were spread out, I purchased diamonds. No purchases this year. Will do next event up to Tech or Scout. Reward not worth it.
So they have lost some income from constant Events shoved down our throats

DeletedUser3499

Love the events. However, the scouting quests coming right after a province quest when I had to scout in order to acquire province to complete an earlier quest leaves me without the ability to complete the scouting quest, thereby invalidating my ability to complete the events. What are the alternatives?

DeletedUser25166

Love the events. However, the scouting quests coming right after a province quest when I had to scout in order to acquire province to complete an earlier quest leaves me without the ability to complete the scouting quest, thereby invalidating my ability to complete the events. What are the alternatives?
There is none. That's the point, it is Event overload.

DeletedUser26660

Here's the thing, and a sample size of 1, but last year when events were spread out, I purchased diamonds. No purchases this year. Will do next event up to Tech or Scout. Reward not worth it.
So they have lost some income from constant Events shoved down our throats

Again, well said and exactly how I now approach the game as rewards not worth the expenditure. It is some time also that I last purchased diamonds so they must be losing quite a bit of revenue if others are doing the same.

It seems that they want to 'make' us proceed in the game at their pace and not ours. In the same way we heard talk of the FP packs being taken away in favor of being placed on the bar to again 'make' us play the game their way and not ours.

DeletedUser26154

It is some time also that I last purchased diamonds so they must be losing quite a bit of revenue

Sorry Lance, but....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Are you serious?

DeletedUser26154

It seems that they want to 'make' us proceed in the game at their pace and not ours.

Still gotta rub your back when you're right.
I'm feeling a little rushed over here in my city.
I went way too far on my continent map, because I wanted Future Era Units.

336194abf7a353acf9f84d3d000bf0d3.png

The units I did wind up earning...

116f31c92bb0deba82a9378cd27dd5c8.png

Next to useless for my plans.

I wound up pushing myself two months ahead of myself on the continent map.
Chasing a wild goose named "Hover Tanks before my Era".
I'm in the same boat and having a continent map I need current units to fight.
I can negotiate but that's very expensive.

As much as I love Inno, support Inno and trust Inno,
I didn't like how they switched the scout, take 2 and take province.

images (1).jpg

Should have left it the way it was.

DeletedUser25427

I think the idea is that you already have a province available to work on, which you most likely need to complete in order to scout a new province and then finish that one. So yes, it does make sense from that angle.

This sums up how events (or questlines) are now unfair because some players when they conquer a province (which they would have done to complete the last event) will have more than one scouting option so they can easily scout one to acquire 2 sectors, then scout the next one and then go back to conquer the first province.

As a radical departure from these rather rigid event formats, how about getting points for progressing each month which can then be exchanged for goodies at the end of that month. Every task you do in your city will earn points but as some tasks are easier than others there will have to be some grading system so that if you only do easy tasks then that will be reflected in the type of prize available. You would probably need some capping system to stop people getting tons of points and exchanging them for tons of prizes. Points earned in the month would only be able to be spent at the end of that month. Prizes could be random or there could be a choice or just a fixed main prize (depending on the difficulty of the tasks undertaken).

I am not going to be playing along to Inno's tune so I will ignore this questline and just play according to my priorities.