• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser26154

WTH does ' At her Hays' mean?

Probably typo from using a mobile device.
Collect on time doesn't always work.
Human beings can not always be at their computer every 8 hours like clockwork.
Most people would prefer 10 hour collections due to real life events.
But that'll never happen.
Evil Plunderers will be on their city more than the owner is.

DeletedUser29295

Evil Plunderers will be on their city more than the owner is.

Speaking of evil plunderers and I pop in. :)

Seriously though: I just achieved something new to me: my first 1m+ points on a Tower. Screenshot (208)_LI.jpg

It is in Colonial: 1 Era ahead of me. I only have 1 Musketeer, 2 Cannons and 2 Grenideers now. May not win the Tower, but I am doing my Happy Tax Dance.

*Edited because I destroyed the word Colonial: I really need a new keyboard*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What do you all think of ...

Plunder Immunity.

Every time you successfully attack someone's city defenses, they get a +5% to their city defense.
Every time you attack, it adds up against just you.
So all totals are for different individuals.

View attachment 5756

Eventually they develop an "Immunity" to your Evil Plunders.
Or...how about for every day you don't attack and plunder, you get a -5% to your city defense. Your troops don't get practice and rewards, they become lazy and sloppy and demoralized.

DeletedUser9930

Algona, that's the insidious effect of plundering, one loses production even as one avoids being plundered.

Algona

Algona, that's the insidious effect of plundering, one loses production even as one avoids being plundered.

No, no, no. One's productivity goes up, not down, when one sets their productions to when they know they'll be on.

Leastwise that's been my experience.

But that's only on Goods, otherwise I go 24 hours on Supplies and Coins. They never get plundered, they're always motivated.

DeletedUser9930

Algona, I'm considering the absence of plunderers from a neighborhood. For example, without them, one can produce 25 to 30 goods per day (e.g., logging in at 7:00 am, 5:00 p.m., and 10:00 p.m. for 25 goods) from a manufacturing building, but, if one goes to 24- or 48-hour cycles, the number of goods per day drops to 20 or fewer. With supplies, I'll admit that one may get better returns, but only because the number of motivations required can be 50% or more lower (e.g., a factory running an 8-4-8 cycle requires two motivations to exceed the production of a motivated factory with a 24-hour cycle).

DeletedUser30312

Here's where I was yesterday, finally reached #2 in the old hood after starting somewhere around 6 or 7?

mpYDdCi.png

Also, got to have my way with the PvP towers:

kDetJW6.png

IA had some guy with 10,000 points, probably a GvG player. I wasn't going to bust my butt there for 10 medals. I get more a week out of Victory Towers. I'm the only other person who contested that, and with a single bout vs. Spearfighters.

CEnmVBw.png

Still riding high in the new hood, even if I'm down to 3 (and 4 and 5 are the same two guys from above). Haven't checked everyone yet, but I've already found 20 people with just a pair of Spearfighters. I also found this:

nH8DObF.png

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser30312

If I played Magic, I'd likely prefer Black and/or Blue. :p

I did send him a message telling how to fix that. That's 5 more fp a day for him if he manages to collect on time.

Algona

Algona, I'm considering the absence of plunderers from a neighborhood.

Uh-huh. Sure. If you are in a placid neighborhood or just so ferocious that no one attacks you then taking anti plundering steps is silly. Why are you worried about anti plundering advice being applied to a non plunder situation?

But this ain't just an anti plundering tip, it's also the way to maximize productivity. Most players learn to do it unconsciously, which is a problem, they forget they already know it and don't apply it when they do need to stop plunderers. Some examples:

Gonna be on all day? 5 minute Supply time! Ching ching ching! Heading to bed? 8 hours and reset the LoA and RAH. (Not me, I run 24 hout there as well. After the first hundred million what matters a few more Supplies?)

My schedule today is open; I know I can get on whenever I want. 8 and 4 hour Goods all day.. Tomorrow not so, 24 hour Goods. (Again, not me, I have well over 100K Goods,, 24 hour except when I'm resetting my collection clock.).

You (hopefully!) placed the housing in your city with due consideration of your schedule and game accessability.

You know and follow 'set production to your life', you just don't know it.

Folk just tend to forget this when it comes to plundering. Which is why the most frequent negative response to someone advising them to collect on time is that they have a life and can't be on to collect...

Collect On Time is a bit of a misnomer, too many folk think that it means to set production then make sure to be back when it finishes, when what it should be is realise when you'll be back to collect and set your production for then.

Quite good in Limited, sucks in Constructed. FoE is more of a Constructed format methinks.