• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Goods: A case AGAINST Dresden and Royal Albert Hall

DeletedUser

Not necessarily, depending on how you go about building your city, if players will chase the higher age ERA GB's while they are in lower ages in the long run it can give them more advantages.
If you were going to chase higher era GBs while in lower ages, why would it be those 2? Better to chase the Traz and Chateau if you're going to do that.

DeletedUser27849

If you were going to chase higher era GBs while in lower ages, why would it be those 2? Better to chase the Traz and Chateau if you're going to do that.

I didn't say which Higher Age GB's just making a statement and yes the Chateau would be a very nice one. So would the Dynamic Tower, Gaea Statue, Inno Tower, etc. My statement is when in lower ages go after the higher ages and not waste time on the lower ones except for certain lower ages like Zues, CDM, LOA, etc.

I am in LMA in one of my cities and I have the Inno, Chateau, ARC already down and in my inventory are the Cape, Dynamic Tower and Orangery with a couple of others. Right now I am focusing on getting all my boost ones up above level 10 then I will go after medals to lay down these buildings then I just might move up to CA.

DeletedUser29295

OK, here is another interesting question:

At what point do you drop all supply buildings (except to do quests when you build blacksmiths) and have enough supplies provided by GB's? Right now I have over 5m supplies: how much do you really need in the later Eras?

My city plan is to not have any goods/supplies/brx (other then Champ/Rogue and an odd one or 2 if needed) and get everything from Terracee, Tribal and speciality sets.

DeletedUser25166

At what point do you drop all supply buildings (except to do quests when you build blacksmiths) and have enough supplies provided by GB's? Right now I have over 5m supplies: how much do you really need in the later Eras?

My city plan is to not have any goods/supplies/brx (other then Champ/Rogue and an odd one or 2 if needed) and get everything from Terracee, Tribal and speciality sets.
Certain CE techs cost 3 million supplies. You don't have enough

DeletedUser

The trouble is that you have very little supply production coming from GBs. With coins, you have lots of non-residential buildings that give them out. Tribal Squares, SoKs, Oases, etc. With supplies, you only have an occasional Wishing Well or Fountain of Youth giving some out. I am in CE, like stallion119, and I currently have no residential/production/goods buildings, but I'm getting a little nervous about my amount of supplies, which is down to about 63 million. (My coin supply is around 100 million, but I collect over 2 million coins a day from various GBs and special/event buildings.)

DeletedUser

I didn't say which Higher Age GB's just making a statement and yes the Chateau would be a very nice one. So would the Dynamic Tower, Gaea Statue, Inno Tower, etc. My statement is when in lower ages go after the higher ages and not waste time on the lower ones except for certain lower ages like Zues, CDM, LOA, etc.

I am in LMA in one of my cities and I have the Inno, Chateau, ARC already down and in my inventory are the Cape, Dynamic Tower and Orangery with a couple of others. Right now I am focusing on getting all my boost ones up above level 10 then I will go after medals to lay down these buildings then I just might move up to CA.
It's not wasting time unless you're talking about the Colosseum and Notre Dame. All the other lower age GBs are useful and worth getting. Babel is the most wrongly maligned GBs in the game, I think. It has a small footprint and is relatively cheap to level up, and it gives out goods every day. Once you get to Modern Era, you will appreciate all the goods producing GBs. Not only will they keep you from having to build lower era goods buildings in order to produce your current era goods, but they will enable you to supply the lower age players with the goods to build the higher era GBs. How else do you think people come up with enough extra goods to sell? Skipping a goods producing GB is cutting your nose off to spite your face, to use an old saying.

DeletedUser13838

I would rather have the Traz and FOD, the Hagia is waste of space for what little you get.
I have a level 15 hagia. It gives 9 fps/day, more than SoKs in the same space, and 7.8k happiness. It cost me 6,185 fps. For that amount of investment I could have a level 13 FoD which would give me 40 unrefined goods and 5,587 happiness in roughly 60% of the space (happiness is roughly a wash between the 2). In OF unrefined goods are TE of which I have around 50k. I can never have enough fps and there is nothing I can replace the hagia with to give me that same number of fps. So while it may be true that a low level hagia is a waste of space, it is cheap to level and it is worth leveling though maybe not the highest priority. Most low level GBs are wastes of space (are you really telling me that a level 1 traz is worth 70 spaces?). Only a few are worth leveling.

DeletedUser27849

It's not wasting time unless you're talking about the Colosseum and Notre Dame. All the other lower age GBs are useful and worth getting. Babel is the most wrongly maligned GBs in the game, I think. It has a small footprint and is relatively cheap to level up, and it gives out goods every day. Once you get to Modern Era, you will appreciate all the goods producing GBs. Not only will they keep you from having to build lower era goods buildings in order to produce your current era goods, but they will enable you to supply the lower age players with the goods to build the higher era GBs. How else do you think people come up with enough extra goods to sell? Skipping a goods producing GB is cutting your nose off to spite your face, to use an old saying.

Again it is just an opinion, I look at it this way. All the forge points I spent trying to level a Babel or Hagia. I could have spent going after and leveling up a FOD which it's payout is better. Which means having the FOD means I don't need the Hagia or Babel, which opens up the space for the Inno and Chateau or other GB's. Now if you are the type of player who negotiates everything then yes having them all might be a better play. But remember it is all about strategy and is there really a right or wrong answer.

DeletedUser27849

Most low level GBs are wastes of space (are you really telling me that a level 1 traz is worth 70 spaces?). Only a few are worth leveling.[/QUOTE said:
Me saying low level is say lower age, i.e. Babel and Hagia. A Traz is not a waste of space I love mine and will keep leveling it up as far as I can.

Again my opinion when it comes to GB's is all about what is your playing style. We all know that space is a premium, so you have to make the best choices has to what you are going to lay down.

I could also argue that all the forge points that was spent leveling up a Hagia could have been spent leveling up the CDM and TRAZ and you gain more out of those 2 than the Hagia. Again it is all about the players choices.

DeletedUser

Again it is just an opinion, I look at it this way. All the forge points I spent trying to level a Babel or Hagia. I could have spent going after and leveling up a FOD which it's payout is better. Which means having the FOD means I don't need the Hagia or Babel, which opens up the space for the Inno and Chateau or other GB's. Now if you are the type of player who negotiates everything then yes having them all might be a better play. But remember it is all about strategy and is there really a right or wrong answer.
In my CE city, I have all the GBs you mention in this post, and a lot more, and I fight all of GE every week. And I plunder my neighbors when the urge hits me. No, there is no right or wrong answer, because we all play this for enjoyment and relaxation (right?), so we should do what we enjoy and what relaxes us. :)

DeletedUser13838

Me saying low level is say lower age, i.e. Babel and Hagia. A Traz is not a waste of space I love mine and will keep leveling it up as far as I can.

Again my opinion when it comes to GB's is all about what is your playing style. We all know that space is a premium, so you have to make the best choices has to what you are going to lay down.

I could also argue that all the forge points that was spent leveling up a Hagia could have been spent leveling up the CDM and TRAZ and you gain more out of those 2 than the Hagia. Again it is all about the players choices.
A level 1 traz is a waste as is a level 1 hagia. A level 15 traz is not a waste of space and neither is a level 15 hagia. And IMO the 6.2k fps spent on a level 15 hagia is better than what you'd get with a level 13 FoD as I prefer the fps over the unrefined goods (no right or wrong answer here). I simply disagree with you that the hagia is a waste of space when you level it. GBs like col, ND, space needle -- those are wastes of space no matter how many fps you sink into them.

There's no reason for GBs to be an either or proposition so it is not CDM or Hagia. Assuming you have a level 10 cdm and are thinking about extending it further or leveling hagia, those 6.2k fps that'd otherwise give you a level 15 hagia would instead give you a level 18 cdm. You get an extra 4 fps and 4% atk/def bonus (plus 42 spaces) vs 9 fps and 7.8k happiness. As I said the hagia probably isn't the highest priority to level but eventually the fp cost of leveling up cdm (or traz) gets very high and you need those fps to come from somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27849

A level 1 traz is a waste as is a level 1 hagia. A level 15 traz is not a waste of space and neither is a level 15 hagia. And IMO the 6.2k fps spent on a level 15 hagia is better than what you'd get with a level 13 FoD as I prefer the fps over the unrefined goods (no right or wrong answer here). I simply disagree with you that the hagia is a waste of space when you level it. GBs like col, ND, space needle -- those are wastes of space no matter how many fps you sink into them.

There's no reason for GBs to be an either or proposition so it is not CDM or Hagia. Assuming you have a level 10 cdm and are thinking about extending it further or leveling hagia, those 6.2k fps that'd otherwise give you a level 15 hagia would instead give you a level 18 cdm. You get an extra 4 fps and 4% atk/def bonus (plus 42 spaces) vs 9 fps and 7.8k happiness. As I said the hagia probably isn't the highest priority to level but eventually the fp cost of leveling up cdm (or traz) gets very high and you need those fps to come from somewhere.

Where I will disagree is about a level 1 Traz, the happiness alone allows you not having to build the Coliseum and with the 5 unattached units a day means I can delete all my barracks except for 1. Which in returns will require less population, so I can delete some houses and open space up for other things.

DeletedUser13838

Where I will disagree is about a level 1 Traz, the happiness alone allows you not having to build the Coliseum and with the 5 unattached units a day means I can delete all my barracks except for 1. Which in returns will require less population, so I can delete some houses and open space up for other things.
A level 1 traz gives 4 units and 2.7k happiness in 70 spaces - 3 levels of GE gives 24 unattached troops of your age per week which is almost as much as a level 1 traz.

DeletedUser26120

I had held off on Hagia for the longest time due to players saying it was bad.

After seeing high level Hagias, and evaluating the stats for myself, I've decided I will build it at some point.

I'm actually happy I waited so long. It's a large building and imo it's better to put it down this late in the game since I have more space, and the fps available to level it up quickly via swaps.

ITown

Thing is, you gotta have a level 1 traz to get a level 15 traz. So that kind of argument doesn't make much sense.

Anyone who knows what they are doing isn't going to build a traz and leave it at level one.

So right now, I'm trying to figure out why you think your response contradicts what you quoted. Your response is a non-sequitur. Are you following this conversation?

Konrad: "A level 1 traz is a waste as is a level 1 hagia. A level 15 traz is not a waste of space and neither is a level 15 hagia."

Deepdiver6: "Where I will disagree is about a level 1 Traz, the happiness alone allows you not having to build the Coliseum and with the 5 unattached units a day means I can delete all my barracks except for 1." (note: level 1 traz does not give 5 units daily)

Me: "I'd rather build military barracks than have a level 1 Traz."

You: "Thing is, you gotta have a level 1 traz to get a level 15 traz."

What?