• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser30312

Related to this... This is the info I keep track of.

How do others format their info?

Quick key on this...
highlighted name = 5 FP plunderable building
+ = more stuff (so Zenzone (FP+) would be a zenzone that gives FP and goods)

There is one column cut off all the way at the end that has previous data so if we've been in the neighborhood together previously, I'll have their pillagable data.

View attachment 6078

Here's how I do it:

notes.jpg

List the name first (not shown to protect the identities of the weak), then the last known defending army, and their last recorded defense boosts. I sort the player name column then the defending column to group all the Spearfighters together and hit them in order. At the beginning of the week, I pick 3 with no defense boosts and smack them with BA, IA, and EMA units to score on those towers. Otherwise, I usually hit those guys with HMA or LMA units depending on which tower I'm trying to get points on. Very easy defenses, I have highlighted in cyan, and moderately easy defenses are highlighted in yellow so I can go after soft targers before hitting tough opponents.

Then I have a large table of the goods in the game arranged by age (it only goes up to Indy right now) where I keep track of plunder results. A X is where I got an unboosted good, and a $ marks stuff that was boosted. I don't keep track of time, I don't really have enough time to camp people, and I don't list set buildings -- if I see a fully boosted set building worth hitting, I grab that first. On the end I got a column for recording bazaars and the like with a note reminding me what they produce, since there's what, 9 of them now, and they're all slightly different. I added that after getting burned by too many supplies out of them, and Santa Workshops are pretty crummy overall IME.

Got a bit of a fight on my hands. One of the guys I hit in the top 10 yesterday retaliated against me earlier after I rejected a friend request from him (I don't take hood FRs as a rule) and just barely broke through my defense (he only had 1 rogue left at the end). I decided to leave it at that, but later he managed to grab a 5 minute production out of one of my breweries. So...

d0FxFeG.jpg

I have a reputation to maintain, after all.

Volodya

Are you guys reporting these messages? Plundering isn't against the rules, the vile offensive name calling they are doing is and I hope you guys are reporting them. Plundering is part of the game they signed up for, if they can't handle it like adults they shouldn't be playing.

Yeah, nothing says "I'm rough and tough" quite like running to teacher to tattle at the drop of a hat.

DeletedUser26154

Yeah, nothing says "I'm rough and tough" quite like running to teacher to tattle at the drop of a hat.

That's part of my point.
If a person is hurling ugly letters because you manage to plunder their best production every day.
Because they check their computer 3 times a day.
You check their city 3 times an hour.
Of course they are going to get mad.

ent-shockwavepart2m.jpg

That's when Plundering becomes Evil.

DeletedUser28670

Nothing says more to your ability to compare quite like you comparing Inno to 'teacher' and neighbours to 'hats'. How do you plunder hats again? I'm sorry, I forgot.

DeletedUser

"I don't. I don't want them to get banned because then I can't plunder them any longer."
That is classic. Too funny. I think the best response is not responding at all and hitting them again the next day.

Volodya

Nothing says more to your ability to compare quite like you comparing Inno to 'teacher' and neighbours to 'hats'. How do you plunder hats again? I'm sorry, I forgot.

This is what's known in English as a metaphor. You can look it up. You can look up sociopath while you're at it.

ps- no, no one is plundering me although they're always welcome to try. It's happened maybe 2 or 3 times since I've been playing, most recently around a year and a half ago. I'm just endlessly amused watching you guys founder in your contradictions; you gleefully chortle because you can use this game to upset someone in real life, yet you whine and whine and whine if someone correctly calls you a thief or sends you a mean little note.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This is what's known in English as a metaphor. You can look it up. You can look up sociopath while you're at it.

ps- no, no one is plundering me although they're always welcome to try. It's happened maybe 2 or 3 times since I've been playing, most recently around a year and a half ago. I'm just endlessly amused watching you guys founder in your contradictions; you gleefully chortle because you can use this game to upset someone in real life, yet you whine and whine and whine if someone correctly calls you a thief or sends you a mean little note.
We don't whine when we get sent a mean note. We laugh about it. Then we share it with other plunderers, so they can have a good laugh about it. You know, this isn't some solitaire CD game we're playing. In any online multiplayer game, there is going to be profiting off other players in some manner. Here, they call it plundering. It is highly limited, and restricted to productions of only certain buildings. You don't lose any buildings. You don't even lose any troops. Yet people get terribly upset about it. Mostly because they don't do either of the 2 things they should do; collect on time and/or build up their defense. On Noarsil, I am in Iron Age and I have been mercilessly plundering my hood through a hood change for the last few weeks. Less than 5% of the hood has switched out of the 2 Spear defense. And less than 25% has started collecting on time. Yet I've gotten at least 3 nasty/whiny notes. You have to laugh.

Volodya

We don't whine when we get sent a mean note. We laugh about it. Then we share it with other plunderers, so they can have a good laugh about it. You know, this isn't some solitaire CD game we're playing. In any online multiplayer game, there is going to be profiting off other players in some manner. Here, they call it plundering. It is highly limited, and restricted to productions of only certain buildings. You don't lose any buildings. You don't even lose any troops. Yet people get terribly upset about it. Mostly because they don't do either of the 2 things they should do; collect on time and/or build up their defense. On Noarsil, I am in Iron Age and I have been mercilessly plundering my hood through a hood change for the last few weeks. Less than 5% of the hood has switched out of the 2 Spear defense. And less than 25% has started collecting on time. Yet I've gotten at least 3 nasty/whiny notes. You have to laugh.

In your own words, "people get terribly upset about it." Yet you keep doing it. What does that say about you?

DeletedUser26120

I stop if I'm asked to though, as long as they ask politely. There's about 7 people in my hood right now that I don't attack since they asked.

Even if I keep going though that wouldn't say anything about me except that I want to play this game to the fullest.