• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2018 Feedback

Algona

You're starting to remind me of Cosmic Raven in this thread. You apparently only want newbies to have your perspective for some reason.

Wowsers,

My perspective is straight forward, although not explicitly expressed to this thread, It's essentially the same for pretty much any aspect of the game in this case: that sets should be considered that they can be a good idea for some. How many? i don't know. The only way to figure that out is doing Risk and Cost Benefit Analyses.

Neither can be done without data. I based my opinion that they may be good on my personal experience of minimal plundering and a higher return per tile then any other source aside form GBs. Throw in what I see on the forum and in game. But I freely admit that's not a lot to go on and what others see in game and on the forum could be different.

Which is why I ask questions. You refuse to answer substantively.

Cost Benefit? Part of CBA is looking at the alternatives. You refuse to put any numbers on anything, just a blanket statements that this is better then that.

Risk? Again, you refuse to answer from your personal experience.

You are under no obligation to answer my questions. I'm under no obligation to give credence to your voluntarily unsubstantiated opinion.

You make blanket subjective statements of opinion. I'm asking folk to look at alternatives and want to dig deeper to see if maybe just maybe alternatives might be better.

I'll throw in this second dismissal as well.

Good for you.

You're the one who decided to bring posting style into this. Are you sure you picked the right posting style in this thread to compare to CR? Rhetorical question, i have no expectations that you would answer that substantively as well.

If you decide to take an objective look at numbers, I'll dig as deep as I can into whatever sources you want or that I can find. Otherwise, I'm done.

DeletedUser

If you decide to take an objective look at numbers, I'll dig as deep as I can into whatever sources you want or that I can find. Otherwise, I'm done.
So you're holding my opinion to a higher standard than yours? Seriously? Pretty much all my opinions are based on my in-game experience combined with what I've read here on the Forum. Do I have to explicitly state that every time I venture an opinion? If you're seriously proposing that my opinion be dismissed unless I back it up with data, while yours is accepted simply based on your experience, then we are done.

DeletedUser33075

This specific combination of requirements during the past two special events is a fail condition.
(Special Events: (1) Napolean timeline (2) Spring Cherry Blossom)

At some point in the quest line of both these events a quest condition arises where you are asked to either
(research a new technology) or ( donate x goods to the guild treasury).

I am at the end of the research for my current age and will not advance to the next age until I have all the blueprints required for all great buildings current to my present age. So I can not "complete a research"
which will force me into the next age.

Lastly I belong to no guild and can not therefore donate anything to a guild treasury.
This particular set of quest conditions (research or guild donation) is a dead end. Period.

It is surprising given your usual standards of excellence that this dead end in your quest flow continues to
persist. I would have expected that even a cursory statistical analysis of customer participaton in your
special events would have given rise to the logical question:

Why do so many customers event participation come to a dead halt partway through the special event ?
What quest was in play at the time in which customer participation became inactive ?

In summary I would like to ask you to pass this along to your special event design team. Given the variety
of quest conditions available for selection, the consistency with which the event design team selects this
particular set of "fail" conditions is dissapointing.

It seems to this customer that you should have a more constructive set of quest options than "advance to an age you do not wish to enter" - or fail the current special event.

DeletedUser32973

Lastly I belong to no guild and can not therefore donate anything to a guild treasury.
This particular set of quest conditions (research or guild donation) is a dead end. Period.

There are many things wrong with the events. This is not one of them. Create a one-man guild, and set it to invitation only. Problem solved. You'll also get to do guild expedition as a bonus!

Graviton

Also, it's not like this is the first Event. A bit of planning leaves one with tech ready to unlock when that quest comes up. It's more difficult to plan the Campaign map quests, but one can always just save the Campaign map for Events.

If you're not going to plan for the Event, don't complain about not being able to complete it. Every choice has consequences, and it doesn't ruin one's game if an Event or two isn't completed.

DeletedUser34800

Personally, I like the Cherry Blossom set, and the fact that it can be upgraded. It is quite useful.

There is a combo arrangement that I found discussed in the comments section of the wiki for the Spring 2018 event. The layout requires 2 of each piece of the CB set (except the Nish pond) and 2 SoKs. With the road requirement, the total layout ended up being an 8x8, producing 16 FPs, (0.25 FPs/square compared to just all SoKs 0.2 FPs/square), 20% attack, 12% defense, 20 goods, medals, coins, supplies. Obviously it has to be all lvl 2 to output those.

Anyways, from the DCs I had acquired a lot of the pieces already, and just needed some upgrades, which I'm working on. In my opinion (of course) the stats make the set really useful, so I found space to put the combo in my city.

I like the upgradeable set idea. The Winter set (I put that one up as well with the layout suggested) may become awesome as well. Looking forward to it.

Algona

Can i find a Rock with the remaining 722 + 380 + whatever random trees?

Yup. First try. On the 50 Lantern 14% Chest. I figured I'd shoot for the Foeberge for fun. Due to cracking some saucy trees, I'm not at 745 Lanterns with a complete Set. Time to work on upgrades?

Are there any other Daily Prizes aside from kits?

DeletedUser26916

The quest requirements for this year's Spring event absolutely blow! Between the daily challenge and the Spring event, i went thru so much of my stored Forge Point packages. Not to mention the ridiculous over-the-top goods requirements. At OF age now, i have room for 1 goods bldg after putting up so many GB. So, 300-500 goods on some quests-- i can't even trade for them because i don't generate a lot of goods with 1 goods bldg. And to have sometimes both the Daily challenge and the Spring event girl ask for both of the same thing on some things gave me a huge struggle. Last year's quests for Spring event were much more reasonable. Just because someone is in OF doesn't mean we're suddenly rolling in FP and goods. Like quest 39 (which i got yesterday) for 560 goods from buildings or trading... one would have to have 560 goods to put on market... I'm not finishing this event. I have the bldgs from last year and did get enough to upgrade them, so who cares about some portrait anyway... Also, i'm far from done on my Tech tree for OF, so now with these expensive goods requirements from Spring hate chick, i am set way back on trying to get thru my tech tree.

DeletedUser27046

Somebody around here has been watching to many Roadrunner and Coyote reruns, meaning:: event is the Roadrunner and players are the Coyote's,,,,racing along chasing the Roadrunner and WHAM !!! up comes the wall and the Coyote can't stop without hitting it. But he never gives up. :D

Leroni

This spring event SUCKS! I pick the large chest, with the biggest %'s....I get a motivation kit! We already get TONS of those things in GE ( I have well over 100 of them). Just doesn't seem right to me. I doubt I'll get all the upgrades anywhere....right now I'm in one world where I have 3 upgrades, the rest I only have 1 & I truely doubt the odds are going to get any better. People are going to stop participating in the events (which keep coming & coming...they never end, it seems) for these reasons. Developers.....LISTEN to the players! This event is SUCKING!!

Algona

i got a DC chest today for Garden set. Hit the 10 FP.

If I did not complete the set in the Event, I would hold on to the upgrades and see what success I had with DCs for a while.

Ta 152H

i got a DC chest today for Garden set. Hit the 10 FP.

If I did not complete the set in the Event, I would hold on to the upgrades and see what success I had with DCs for a while.

I have all the upgrades now, but I'll never use them to place the building, just to upgrade it. I only have two buildings, but the others can be acquired, as you allude to, by the daily quests. My feeling is I won't get another crack at the upgrades until at least a year. In a year, there's a really good chance I'll have all the others, except possibly the Gong thingie. I'll obviously hit that one harder in the event, and my actually place that because it's difficult to get, and I may not in a year. But the rest? I'm going to be patient. I think it will pay off in the long run.

Edit: I just saw the Gong comes at the end of the event. So I won't even place that one.

Last edited:

DeletedUser24719

Please! These ARENOT quests they are tasks.Regardless of what they are this has to be the lamest "event" among the lame I have ever seen!! Seriously is there any creativity going on among the so called developers or are they too busy thinging of new ways to screw players!!

DeletedUser27910

The cherry blossom set is great but I just hate having to depend on luck to get the set. I'm on quest 33 now I've managed to get one whole piece of the set (not counting the emporers entrance which they give you after completing quest 7. And just to add insult to injury, I completed a cherry blossom set daily challenge the other day and OF COURSE I got the FP reward. It's as bad as the stupid christmas event where I couldn't the pieces to make a simple 3x3 layout. I'm getting pretty sick of doing these events and ending up with nothing to show for it.

DeletedUser32924

I don't normally comment, but I am honestly sick of this event. Even using diamonds to get more lanterns to pick more chests is such a rip off. I'm so tired of wasting my time and money to end up with 1 champion, or 1 rogue, or a boost crate, or a mass supply rush. I've opened a lot of chests and will spend through almost a thousand lanterns and still not get one of those special rewards. Not going to waste anymore diamonds on this garbage.

DeletedUser34800

I will agree that the chests have some pretty bad items in them, especially for the cost. A boost crate? A single unit? A decoration item? Motivation kits? Absolutely garbage.

The Cherry Blossom set itself is fantastic, especially at level 2. Acquiring it sucks though. And I've had some pretty good luck.

DeletedUser33075

There are many things wrong with the events. This is not one of them. Create a one-man guild, and set it to invitation only. Problem solved. You'll also get to do guild expedition as a bonus!

I think your suggestion is about as practical as offering decapitation as a cure for a head ache. You suggest
I create a guild I neither want nor need so that I can circumvent the logic failures in the encounter tree for
special events.

Why should I or any player be required to donate 160 goods into a non retrievable Guild treasury, in order
to manipulate their way around failures of conception in the progression of a special event ?

As a business model, giving your customers LESS reasons to participate in your product is not a successful
engagement of your customer base in your revenue stream. This remains a dead end in special event
participation and the revenues associated with them. I am not going to throw away trade goods because
you feel that it is incumbent on the customer to manipulate their way past ill concieved fail conditions.

I get it - "failure prevention is not invented here". No problem - not my revenue loss.

Graviton

It's not a "logic failure" just because you refuse to join a guild. I respect your decision not to, although I think it's detrimental to one's game. You're already eschewing tons of daily aid, the prizes and battle points available via GE, and more opportunities for BPs. This is just one more consequence of your choice. Don't blame INNO for your game decisions.

DeletedUser29623

I, too, play the game in a weird way by not battling unless more or less forced to by a quest (or DC, if the reward is good enough). Sometimes the devs provide an alternative or workaround to fighting in a quest, but sometimes they don’t. I would definitely ask them to accommodate this playstyle when designing a quest, especially since it’s not hugely uncommon, but there are just going to be times when they don’t. Guilds are even more integral to the game than battles. If they eliminate all map and research quests, all guild related quests and all battle-related quests, what would there be left? Yeah, I know you’re only demanding the elimination of guild-related quests, but why should your demand take precedence over the demands of campers or pacifists?

You can’t have a game without any challenges, but every challenge has some player who finds it uniquely annoying and wants it eliminated. If Inno treated every salty player with an oddball playstyle as a customer whose every need must be instantly met, there wouldn’t be a game at all, because you can’t have a game without any challenges.