• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

Volodya

You're more than welcome to share stories of that variety, maybe it will encourage others to do so as well.
I used to regularly attack the whole hood for points, back when medals were very hard to come by and winning the towers was by far the best source of supply. Now that they give out medals like water in GE and events (and I've maxed out the medal expansions anyway) I hardly ever bother with PvP anymore. My stories date from the olden days when knights were cavorting in the real world, not just retro-reenactments like we have now!

DeletedUser30900

Cost 7 rogue to win a fight? You realize it means a net loss of a lv10 traz daily income? You don’t waste it on any neighbors. The major points of plundering is beating up the weakling and get FPs and goods :) if the cost are higher than wt you can get from your neighbor, just don’t do it.

DeletedUser31225

I used to regularly attack the whole hood for points, back when...I hardly ever bother with PvP anymore...

Some of us still do. Some of us are still learning it. We may not have memorable victories to boast about. So we should not talk about our little victories here?

DeletedUser26965

I used to regularly attack the whole hood for points
And now apparently instead it's "attacking", I'm using that term loosely there of course, forum posters instead over trivialities about the nature of a forum thread. Who cares however one fights who and what, you like that sort of thing in the context of heroism then go post about it, nothing stopping you. Quit being a party pooper, this is a great thread, I mean where else do you get to see someone being call elephant dung? That's great entertainment my friend. And I like getting plundered, gives me a chance to have little side things in game going on that are good natured, my poor Royal Marble Gateway has been vandalized and so I get to make a fun little description, I'll be keeping that building plundered till I get bored one day of seeing it then make a new description;

plundered.gif

DeletedUser34885

Some players are poor Sportsman. Today I received one of many irate messages because I plundered someone. I tried to explain to them it's just part of the game it's nothing personal but, it didn't seem to do any good. I get plundered at least twice a day II learned to keep a very good defense oftentimes there unsuccessful.

DeletedUser29218

Cost 7 rogue to win a fight? You realize it means a net loss of a lv10 traz daily income? You don’t waste it on any neighbors. The major points of plundering is beating up the weakling and get FPs and goods :) if the cost are higher than wt you can get from your neighbor, just don’t do it.

Under that premise lots of people who built alcatraz wouldn't. You can beat up all the weaklings with the random unattached units the game throws at you.

DeletedUser30900

Under that premise lots of people who built alcatraz wouldn't. You can beat up all the weaklings with the random unattached units the game throws at you.
Then you save the rest of rogues for gvg:) no matter how often you check your neighborhood, you still have a huge chance to fail plundering. The cost and return are not balanced if you spent 7 rogues to get a palace, sometime you can only get 1 zen zone or maybe even nothing. If you are a reason plunder, you don’t do things like that

Volodya

And now apparently instead it's "attacking", I'm using that term loosely there of course, forum posters instead over trivialities about the nature of a forum thread. Who cares however one fights who and what, you like that sort of thing in the context of heroism then go post about it, nothing stopping you. Quit being a party pooper, this is a great thread, I mean where else do you get to see someone being call elephant dung? That's great entertainment my friend. And I like getting plundered, gives me a chance to have little side things in game going on that are good natured, my poor Royal Marble Gateway has been vandalized and so I get to make a fun little description, I'll be keeping that building plundered till I get bored one day of seeing it then make a new description;

View attachment 9631
I'm posting within the rules of the forum, just like plunderers are playing within the rules of the game. When the victims of the thieves complain they're told--reasonably enough--to suck it up. I suggest you do the same thing.

Gander sauce.

DeletedUser34879

I cant believe it, but one poor soul donated 10 points to my arc. And i only asked for 1. And he wont get a reward. Life is cruel...
EDIT: second day and is already worth it, even if i dont get anymore points :):):)

DeletedUser29218

Then you save the rest of rogues for gvg:) no matter how often you check your neighborhood, you still have a huge chance to fail plundering. The cost and return are not balanced if you spent 7 rogues to get a palace, sometime you can only get 1 zen zone or maybe even nothing. If you are a reason plunder, you don’t do things like that
Fair enough. You can know what is plunderable before you decide to attack though. Just activate animations and check the city.

DeletedUser31882

It's interesting though that almost all of the players with this bizarre pathetic need to come to this forum to boast about their prowess are relative noobs.

Eh, I'd say it is less noob and more fulfilling the need of being social. We see plenty of guilt-laden posts along with the boasting. I'd say there is a good spectrum of intents when it comes to pillaging and the cognitive justifications for it. Some are more sadistic than others.

It's like watching a gaggle of 14-year-olds hanging out in their parents' rec room giggling about their "conquests."

Well, we are all playing a video-game...

I used to regularly attack the whole hood for points, back when medals were very hard to come by and winning the towers was by far the best source of supply. Now that they give out medals like water in GE and events (and I've maxed out the medal expansions anyway) I hardly ever bother with PvP anymore.

I'd be interested in hearing more of the meta-game of medals/pillaging/hood attacking/etc of the days of old. Maybe it'll inspire some proposal that could make pvp towers meaningful again.

In Plundering news: I burned two trebs and a Rogue to hit a palace... Twice this week. This is what happens when I lazy plunder instead of writing down the defenses of a target so I can adjust my raiding crew. I'll probably do this tomorrow. *shrugs*

DeletedUser32355

This new hood has a funny city. :)
They tried to attack me, failed, and I attacked them (and won). :p
nQ8ZyZxTSjGiXblQNobGcA.png

Colosseum and Babel up and leveled. What a waste of space. :rolleyes:

It's almost better then the then the person last hood who zoomed through the ages. They hit LMA when they got in my hood and... their city layout was...
TOP LEFT: Supply buildings, clapboard houses
BOTTOM LEFT: Town hall, winter set, goods buildings
Thats ok... but what made their city bad was:
PATH CONNECTING TOP LEFT AND BOTTOM LEFT: Chalets (in LMA!?). And no GB's. lmao :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

Maybe it'll inspire some proposal that could make pvp towers meaningful again.

Random flash thoughts. No, I'm not volunteering to write the Proposal.

PvP towers Reward a percentage of the Individuals next Medal Expansion . Cirrent Tower gives 2.5% diminsihing ,5% down to .5% for the remaining Towers. 2.5% may be too high.

Random Rewards roughly Equivalent to the DC 7 day Rewards for winning the Current Era Tower.

No, I'm not interested in debating either...

DeletedUser30900

Fair enough. You can know what is plunderable before you decide to attack though. Just activate animations and check the city.
If you can tell wt is producing by tf the first second you look at it, you must have some superpower. I get it, you can keep observing it and making sure it’s doing a 24hrs circle. But people can just collect it before you and set a 5 mins after too, how can you tell? I been through all these hundreds of time.

DeletedUser31440

If you can tell wt is producing by tf the first second you look at it, you must have some superpower. I get it, you can keep observing it and making sure it’s doing a 24hrs circle. But people can just collect it before you and set a 5 mins after too, how can you tell? I been through all these hundreds of time.

Someone, don't remember who, posted a way to see what is being produced. It is extremely shady and I wouldn't recommend trying it, but if you search hard enough you can find it.

DeletedUser31440

Well, I high doubt it until i use that method myself.... I might check it out later :0

I just thought better of it, found it and reported it to mods for deletion. Not sure if they will, hopefully they do, but I wouldn't expect it to remain much longer.