• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.124 Feedback

Kaidi

The AI is actually mostly pretty good about pulling from inventory based on what you need and not just from the biggest packs (unless that's all you have left). For example, if you have 1 in your bar, and you click to use 10, it will pull 2 x 2 FP + 1 x 5 FP packs.

Which is why I never have any small packs left and have to pull 10, because the system uses them. I don't mind the 2/5/10 thing at all...but I want to choose when to use what.

I'm used to the new system now, but I'll admit that I HATE that it does that. I want to keep my small ones so if I need to drop 2 points on a GB sticks thread before I log off for the night, I can do that. I don't mind going to the bar to load the 2 points. But the system eats all of the small ones. Personally, if I'm adding 10s to a GB, I want to leave that single point on when I'm done - if I'm adding 10, use a 10.

So if I want to keep the small ones, I have to hit the + sign, take10, go to the GB, add 10, hit the plus sign, add 10, etc. My other choice, because it takes all the little ones away, if I need just a couple at night is pull 10, put the two wherever they go, find a 5 FP thread for 5 of them, and just...stick the other 3 somewhere.

This problem would be solved for me if there were 2 fp and 5 fp buttons, as well, OR if there were a checkbox to force it to use largest to smallest, but I'm probably one of two or three people in all worlds put together who would like to see that happen - lol - so not likely.

Eh, like I said - I'm used to wasting FPs now. :p

Salsuero

Which is why I never have any small packs left and have to pull 10, because the system uses them. I don't mind the 2/5/10 thing at all...but I want to choose when to use what.

You can add packs manually to the bar beforehand if that's what you prefer. But regardless of whether you use them sooner or later... what's the difference? You'll have to use a 10 pack then and be left with excess in your bar... or use it when you run out of the smaller ones and have excess in your bar. It's the same result, just different timing. I don't see how it's an issue except that you keep running out.

I'm used to the new system now, but I'll admit that I HATE that it does that. I want to keep my small ones so if I need to drop 2 points on a GB sticks thread before I log off for the night, I can do that. I don't mind going to the bar to load the 2 points. But the system eats all of the small ones. Personally, if I'm adding 10s to a GB, I want to leave that single point on when I'm done - if I'm adding 10, use a 10.

So if I want to keep the small ones, I have to hit the + sign, take10, go to the GB, add 10, hit the plus sign, add 10, etc. My other choice, because it takes all the little ones away, if I need just a couple at night is pull 10, put the two wherever they go, find a 5 FP thread for 5 of them, and just...stick the other 3 somewhere.

Just add the remainder of your bar FIRST before clicking the 10. If you have 1 in your bar, click to add the 1 to zero it out, then all the 10s you want, which will use 10 FP packs. Then if you have a balance to add at the end, do that manually via your bar with a 10 pack and click to add the 9 individually on the GB. That would leave you with the 1 you started with and no 2/5 packs lost.

This problem would be solved for me if there were 2 fp and 5 fp buttons, as well, OR if there were a checkbox to force it to use largest to smallest, but I'm probably one of two or three people in all worlds put together who would like to see that happen - lol - so not likely.

Yep, it's a pain in the butt, for sure... but it's still doable. The system could (and definitely should) be improved... and we've asked a million times... but just figure out how to make it work best for you in the meantime. I think you're possibly adding steps vs. what I suggested if I'm understanding you correctly.

DeletedUser4491

I'm just going to do a general game update rant here. I enjoy playing FoE and no matter what direction the game goes I'm sure I'll continue to play, but I'm just getting so frustrated with the direction changes the game updates have steered the game in and the lack of addressing some real issues.

- Aid, while I understand it speeds up the game the real reason for this update was to placate lazy players.
- Generally steering the game away from being fighting focused, when I first started playing this game I got into numerous discussions with other players about how nice it was to have a balanced fighting/strategy/city building type game...it sucks that because of what I'm sure was whining players who only enjoyed the city building aspect and complained constantly about being plundered you completely changed this dynamic to make the game all about farming (hence all the out of control high level GB's).
- The latest one where you've caved to snowflakes that can't handle losing in the Daily Quest. This feature was perfectly fine the way it was, why in the world would you take away losing your progress? I totally agree that the quest requirements that make you advance on the Campaign Map should not be included since anything that makes me progress at anything but my own pace should be out of bounds, but why not just take that aspect out and make more GE requirements - this doesn't affect my tech progress and presents a challenge that anyone should be capable of completing.

Stop changing the core game and enhance those features that make the game great. Fix the unplayable lag that occurs during reset on the GvG map. This used to be one of the most fun aspects of the game and has turned into an unplayable mess due to the lag at reset. Figure out a way to bring GvG to the mobile app since you obviously feel that this is the direction the game should be heading. There are plenty of other things that need to be addressed, stop making things easier due to a few people crying about their goods being "stolen" when they get plundered or my progress "shouldn't be penalized" in the Daily Quests if I can't complete the quests...seriously? Why does everything have to be handed to people on a silver platter - why not get people to use their head and try to figure out a way to overcome the challenge....nope your just going to dumb down the game and make it as vanilla as possible so as to not offend anyone. #SAD

Graviton

I'm not sure I understand your point that the game has become all about farming. Players are still complaining about being plundered. I've recently ramped up my plundering, in fact; I didn't used to plunder at all. Now I do, but only if I'm plundered first or if I'm battling to fulfill a DC and I see a sub-par defense. I think the hard-core plunderers are still hard-core plundering. I don't think there's any danger of plundering being phased out of the game.

DeletedUser30900

I'm not sure I understand your point that the game has become all about farming. Players are still complaining about being plundered. I've recently ramped up my plundering, in fact; I didn't used to plunder at all. Now I do, but only if I'm plundered first or if I'm battling to fulfill a DC and I see a sub-par defense. I think the hard-core plunderers are still hard-core plundering. I don't think there's any danger of plundering being phased out of the game.
I agree with you on the plunders part:) just plundered my whole neighborhood this morning and net a few palaces. If you don’t collect on time, you just hand your goodies to me:)

DeletedUser26965

Generally steering the game away from being fighting focused
ohoh, I've had that convo and actually the creator described FoE like this(and believe me I was very sad to hear it);

@4:45 "...Forge of Empires has a more city building aspect, it's not so much about fighting and conquering, it's more about building something up..."

oh and hey, some interesting metrics about FoE I just found;

• IG Focuses FoE on the Western Market
  • The largest revenue @25% comes from the US, 15% Germany, 10% France
  • Average Player Age is 40
  • 76% of players are Male
  • 77% of players are mobile (now you know why they'll never have GvG development)
  • 9.2% of players are paying players, the rest of us are cheapskates lol

@4:48

Graviton

ohoh, I've had that convo and actually the creator described FoE like this(and believe me I was very sad to hear it);

@4:45 "...Forge of Empires has a more city building aspect, it's not so much about fighting and conquering, it's more about building something up..."

Well, in context he was making a comparison to Tribal Wars. It wasn't a statement about making FoE less of a fighting game than it is. Plus that was in 2014.

oh and hey, some interesting metrics about FoE I just found;

• IG Focuses FoE on the Western Market
  • The largest revenue @25% comes from the US, 15% Germany, 10% France
  • 77% of players are mobile (now you know why they'll never have GvG development)
  • 9.2% of players are paying players, the rest of us are cheapskates lol

Very interesting. I certainly wouldn't have pegged the average age at 40. And God bless that 9.2%! :D

DeletedUser26965

It wasn't a statement about making FoE less of a fighting game than it is. Plus that was in 2014
I didn't say it was, I simply said that is how he describes it, and that's how he describes it plain and simple. He was describing IG's various games in the context of remaining viable in the face of the the "Flappy Bird" type games, it wasn't a comparison to Tribal Wars, it was describing the various genres of their games and again that description is "...Forge of Empires has a more city building aspect, it's not so much about fighting and conquering, it's more about building something up..."

DeletedUser31225

I wonder how IG get these information: players age & gender :eek:

Salsuero

Forge of Empires has a more city building aspect, it's not so much about fighting and conquering, it's more about building something up.

Well, to be honest, this sounds pretty reasonable to me based on the name of the game. It's not called Fight of Empires or Forge of Battles. Forging an empire is about strategically building up your town from nothing to a grand futuristic metropolis, and "part" of that will (or may not, depending on the choices you make... I'm looking at you, Switzerland) include fighting. There are many ways to forge an empire. Fighting has historically been a way to do so using force, and fear tends to be a pretty effective weapon along side conventional arms. But, that's not the only way and the title emphasizes what the game is intended to be about on its grandest scope. There may have in fact been more focus on fighting in the past, but games start from nowhere and have to evolve over time. This game may have simply started as an infant with more weight on fight-based mechanics than was intended in the long-term and has slowly grown to be more of what was originally envisioned over time.

DeletedUser26965

Well, to be honest, this sounds pretty reasonable to me based on the name of the game. It's not called Fight of Empires or Forge of Battles. Forging an empire is about strategically building up your town from nothing to a grand futuristic metropolis, and "part" of that will (or may not, depending on the choices you make... I'm looking at you, Switzerland) include fighting. There are many ways to forge an empire. Fighting has historically been a way to do so using force, and fear tends to be a pretty effective weapon along side conventional arms. But, that's not the only way and the title emphasizes what the game is intended to be about on its grandest scope. There may have in fact been more focus on fighting in the past, but games start from nowhere and have to evolve over time. This game may have simply started as an infant with more fight-based mechanics than was intended in the long-term and has slowly grown to be more of what was originally envisioned over time.
This game started without GvG and of course GE so the only real way to compete in the "PvP"/Neighborhood competitions was to attack your neighbors so I guess in some sense it might have felt more like a PvP game back then. To me though this game is all about GvG, without it I would have never stayed to play and when it goes I go.

DeletedUser4491

I'm not saying you can't plunder, my point was that with the Tavern and players being able to completely block you from attacking their city this was a feature that was put into place simply because people were complaining about being attacked

JW35

"Speedy aborting of Quests" would be really really appreciated! And the same goes for a 50 or 100fp button. No activity should require more than 100 clicks.

DeletedUser12938

I like this changelog .. just one addition I would like to see in an upcoming update ... since I am in Iron age in one world, I see a lot of my neighborhood has not passed the tech that allows PVP. not a problem in itself, but I would like to be able to dismiss the message without clicking directly on the message . Make it like the incident reward window dismissal PLEASE

Kaidi

You can add packs manually to the bar beforehand if that's what you prefer. But regardless of whether you use them sooner or later... what's the difference? You'll have to use a 10 pack then and be left with excess in your bar... or use it when you run out of the smaller ones and have excess in your bar. It's the same result, just different timing. I don't see how it's an issue except that you keep running out.

I get what you're saying, but that's the point. I have to do it manually. I get enough 2s and 5s, that I would always have 2s and 5s as needed - I can't imagine running out - if Inno didn't eat 'em up.

Just add the remainder of your bar FIRST before clicking the 10. If you have 1 in your bar, click to add the 1 to zero it out, then all the 10s you want, which will use 10 FP packs. Then if you have a balance to add at the end, do that manually via your bar with a 10 pack and click to add the 9 individually on the GB. That would leave you with the 1 you started with and no 2/5 packs lost.

And THAT is a great idea. :) Still some manual stuff, but as irritating as I've been doing. lol.

DeletedUser31440

Question about the DC part of this changelog. I haven't tested this because I don't want to take the chance of losing a progress point toward the Challenger's Cup, but as I read the changelog it sounds to me like you can select a chest and if you don't complete the quests it won't take away a progress point. When I initially read the changelog I was under the impression that it would lose a progress point if you selected a chest but didn't finish the DC, rereading it though I think I was mistaken in that. Has anyone selected a rewards chest and not finished the DC for the day? If so, did it take away a progress point towards the Challenger's Chest?

Salsuero

Question about the DC part of this changelog. I haven't tested this because I don't want to take the chance of losing a progress point toward the Challenger's Cup, but as I read the changelog it sounds to me like you can select a chest and if you don't complete the quests it won't take away a progress point. When I initially read the changelog I was under the impression that it would lose a progress point if you selected a chest but didn't finish the DC, rereading it though I think I was mistaken in that. Has anyone selected a rewards chest and not finished the DC for the day? If so, did it take away a progress point towards the Challenger's Chest?

It used to say (on the DC panel) that if you failed, you'd get a -1. That part has been removed and only shows a +1 for success. I have chosen a chest each day and skipped several. It hasn't taken me back down towards 0 for skipping, so I think it's safe to just play the ones you want and ignore the rest.