• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

DeletedUser32824

You can consider me a testimonial to your claim at the start of this guide that level 60/80 are achievable withing 200 days using this guide. :D
Did you use any real money for doing this? I'm just wondering how you got CF prints and all your arc prints so quickly. Right now I'm in a swap group to get more BPs as we level, but the next 10 levels are going to take like 45 days since each level is like ~600 FP and people are only making about 120 fp/day.

Also, what level is your CF? How do you have hundreds of thousands of goods? I have an arc11 and I have like 1.5k of HMA and EMA goods. I've never really had a crazy surplus.

And congrats!

DeletedUser31308

Did you use any real money for doing this? I'm just wondering how you got CF prints and all your arc prints so quickly. Right now I'm in a swap group to get more BPs as we level, but the next 10 levels are going to take like 45 days since each level is like ~600 FP and people are only making about 120 fp/day.

Also, what level is your CF? How do you have hundreds of thousands of goods? I have an arc11 and I have like 1.5k of HMA and EMA goods. I've never really had a crazy surplus.

And congrats!
Hundreds of thousands of goods was referring to what would happen if I didn't move up. I accumulated 30k HMA goods before leaving, all from quests. CF level 6 currently. I did use real money, as previously stated. I used real money for Arc and CF prints at the very beginning of the world, definitely pushed me ahead a month or so. Also, I got about 30 SoKs from the winter event. No money spent since then

DeletedUser33241

You can consider me a testimonial to your claim at the start of this guide that level 60/80 are achievable withing 200 days using this guide. :D

Yes definitely possible!
Got to 60 in exactly 3 months.
Will get to 80 within the 200 days too hopefully.

Congratulation ThruTHEhead!!!

DeletedUser33007

I just want to say that this guide has helped me a lot. The things which were of immense value was the spreadsheet which I created to calculate each and every detail helping me to take an informed calculated path.
I tried to follow it but I made some modifications while doing it. I love the fighting aspect of this game and put more emphasis from the start on the same. I have been playing this game for approx 110 days and have doing the HQ sitting in HMA for that long. I can testify that this guide will skyrocket your FP and goods production. It helped me to do GE level 4 every time and still have loads of goods at my disposal.

However I decided to sprint to Colonial Age Clock-making RQs because of the following factors -
  • I needed the space, scored a really nice Spring village and needed space for the same. Also somehow getting TFs a lot in GE, needed space for those too.
  • I have buildings which produce Coins and Supplies both, thus can help me to do more quests using the second slot.
  • I love GvG and colonial GvG is a little more interesting than HMA GvG.
  • I have access to some nice level 80 Arc owners who are helping me level mine even by taking a loss. I anticipate a level every 2-3 days and may be accelerate it to a level every 1-2 days in future.
  • I used the spreadsheet again to calculate the FP produced, seems I am making 20 more FP in Colonial than compared to HMA. This is purely based on the FP buildings in the additional expansions.
  • However I will be doing 50 quests in Colonial while I was doing 92 quests in HMA. I plan to fill the gap by leveling LoA and SMB a little more.
  • I completed Industrial C-map while in HMA searching for more expansions :p.
  • PvP is more fruitful (more loot) in Colonial rather than HMA.
Just based on above reasons only, I moved to Colonial and I plan to stay there for next 2-3 months where I will just level my GBs and then spend a month every age.

Again thanks for putting this guide in the first place. It indeed is very helpful.

DeletedUser31498

Update: Today is the day. Level 80 Arc, the 4th on this world, achieved 186 days into this server. Managed to do the last 12 levels in 11 days. A tough slog that was made easier by hours of sniping to keep up the pace. I moved up to LMA almost a week ago, as my strategy moving forward will include selling tons of goods (having hundreds of thousands of HMA goods feels too wasteful to me, I'd like to monetize my goods). I'm already ready in terms of goods to move to CA, but waiting til after GE starts. Attached is a screenshot of my city. In it, you can see my total world rank and total points for those that care.View attachment 9900

And the GB leaderboard:
View attachment 9901

Congrats! Also wondering about the HS. Given your CF is level 6. I assume HS is a similarly low level? Would it not be much better to simply have had an extra TF or something in it's place and just level up your traz a bit more for the happiness?

DeletedUser29218

I'll add a testimonials section soon from the people whose arc has reached lvl 80.

Also, I have an announcement to make: I decided to quit the game.
I don't see any challenge that I'm looking forward to. I could advance a few eras to see the combat system in these or plant a lvl 80 traz and go GvG, but as I just said, it is not something I'm looking forward to.
The main reason though, is that this game is pretty slaverish. And in my current "real life" situation I don't want this. Of course, I could keep playing less intensely, but my min-max mindset doesn't allow me to "half-ass" anything I do. If I want to do it, I do it well; if I don't want to (and don't need to), I don't do it.

I'll keep hanging around the forums and checking the replies here as well during dead times, as this is something that I still enjoy and doesn't require a scheduled commitment. I'm happy for the people who found this guide useful, and I still smile whenever I see a "thank you" comment.

As for my account, I wanted to give it away (hence the post in the question section). But I haven't found anyone who might be interested in it "worthy".
I'll probably leave it like that, and enter the chat from time to time to see how the in-game friends of my server are doing. I'll most likely be testing if you can advance in C-Map indifintely, now that I don't have anything to lose.

Thank you guys! I'll keep visiting from time to time

DeletedUser31308

Congrats! Also wondering about the HS. Given your CF is level 6. I assume HS is a similarly low level? Would it not be much better to simply have had an extra TF or something in it's place and just level up your traz a bit more for the happiness?
I don't have more TFs to place, every FP building worth putting down is down currently. HS was my sole source of happy through until my inno passed level 2. It was then I needed to add traz to make up the happy. I intend to rocket the HS anyway, so the 3 FP a day (level 5) it's given has been worth the space thusfar and I don't have anything better to replace it with yet

DeletedUser31498

I don't have more TFs to place, every FP building worth putting down is down currently. HS was my sole source of happy through until my inno passed level 2. It was then I needed to add traz to make up the happy. I intend to rocket the HS anyway, so the 3 FP a day (level 5) it's given has been worth the space thusfar and I don't have anything better to replace it with yet
Ok i just wanted to make sure, given the current setup, HS would not be practical. And given you don't need the happiness, isn't CC a better option? or is HS cheap enough to level that it makes up for the size difference? Because in a couple weeks you're very likely to win at least one SoK/TF/SSW/Van gogh thing to add FPs for the space?

DeletedUser31498

I'll add a testimonials section soon from the people whose arc has reached lvl 80.

Also, I have an announcement to make: I decided to quit the game.
I don't see any challenge that I'm looking forward to. I could advance a few eras to see the combat system in these or plant a lvl 80 traz and go GvG, but as I just said, it is not something I'm looking forward to.
The main reason though, is that this game is pretty slaverish. And in my current "real life" situation I don't want this. Of course, I could keep playing less intensely, but my min-max mindset doesn't allow me to "half-ass" anything I do. If I want to do it, I do it well; if I don't want to (and don't need to), I don't do it.

I'll keep hanging around the forums and checking the replies here as well during dead times, as this is something that I still enjoy and doesn't require a scheduled commitment. I'm happy for the people who found this guide useful, and I still smile whenever I see a "thank you" comment.

As for my account, I wanted to give it away (hence the post in the question section). But I haven't found anyone who might be interested in it "worthy".
I'll probably leave it like that, and enter the chat from time to time to see how the in-game friends of my server are doing. I'll most likely be testing if you can advance in C-Map indifintely, now that I don't have anything to lose.

Thank you guys! I'll keep visiting from time to time

I keep waffling here as well. The thought of shutting down other cities and just playing one seems ok to me, though in those I have pretty nice setups and GE4 is very easy. And half-a**ing it also doens't appeal to me since I'm OCD like that. I assume the right answer is just to stop playing and enjoy my life haha.

DeletedUser31308

Ok i just wanted to make sure, given the current setup, HS would not be practical. And given you don't need the happiness, isn't CC a better option? or is HS cheap enough to level that it makes up for the size difference? Because in a couple weeks you're very likely to win at least one SoK/TF/SSW/Van gogh thing to add FPs for the space?
I would have to buy the CC goods, and there are few sellers and the goods are expensive because of a new world. I'll be putting up CC soon after I pass that age, but I am definitely using the Hagia happy currently. I wouldn't have enough happy without it at the moment. When I get more FP buildings, they replace production buildings instead of HS. Not saying its most optimal, but its my preference to avoid cultural buildings and needing polish and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29218

I would have to buy the CC goods, and there are few sellers and the goods are expensive because of a new world. I'll be putting up CC soon after I pass that age, but I am definitely using the Hagia happy currently. I wouldn't have enough happy without it at the moment. When I get more FP buildings, they replace production buildings instead of HS. Not saying its most optimal, but its my preference to avoid cultural buildings and needing polish and so on.

Yep I agree. In new worlds goods are more expensive. Also,in your case, I'm certain that nothing beats powerlvling CF so CC would be a distraction.

I keep waffling here as well. The thought of shutting down other cities and just playing one seems ok to me, though in those I have pretty nice setups and GE4 is very easy. And half-a**ing it also doens't appeal to me since I'm OCD like that. I assume the right answer is just to stop playing and enjoy my life haha.

In the end, to my surprise, I am going to half-ass it. This week I have been logging once, collect, put FP without doing any math, and be sniped by dozens of FPs. If you feel the game is disrupting your life, I would give it a deeper thought.

DeletedUser26965

Man I missed a lot of fun on this guide. One thing I've learned is if you spend a lot of money to buy a lot of special buildings you can level GB's really fast. Me? I'll just run my little blacksmiths and keep my little level 10 GB's, maybe I'll get my Arc to level 8 one day, though they'll probably nerf it by then but I guess it won't matter because going from level 7 to 8 is really not a lot of fp's invested.

DeletedUser29623

I’m not even close to following this guide: I’m too laid-back a player and don’t really care about global rankings and getting my Arc to 80, though I probably will at some point. I just came over to speak to the merits of parking in HMA and not sprinting through LMA. Thanks to Dulahan for championing the HMA part because I did that in my secondary city for a few months, getting the GBs I wanted (Chat, Arc, DT, Inno Tower, and RAH, besides the Age-appropriate basics) and then leveling them. Just moved into LMA with Chat/10, RAH/10, LoA/9, St.M/8, and I followed a blog post that tells you how to get two RQ slots in LMA.

I was thinking of blowing through and just getting the diamonds on each quest, but when I put up a bunch of Cooperages, I found that doing the 2 hampers quest also gives me enough supplies to do the Collect X supplies quest, so I complete two quests every time I collect from each pair of Cooperages. This is much better than the two slots in Colonial, IMO. The recurring quests for coins and supplies are not much higher than the HMA amounts, and once I get my St.M up to 10 I should be back where I was in HMA, but with two RQs running at once. The main downside is that the Fair Maiden quest self-completes, so I have to be careful not to accidentally collect it (thereby triggering the bonus questline) and there is always an annoying green check mark around the quest giver.

IDK if any of this matters to the Arc fiends, but if there are any other players like me reading this, I do recommend parking in HMA for a bit and then going into LMA with your classic GBs (Chat, LoA, STM) leveled all the way up and getting two RQ slots going. I guess my RAH does skew things a bit, but I don’t battle, so my city is very focused on goods so I can buy provinces and negotiate every GE Level. I have no military GBs, so I’ve got the space and RAH produces a lot of goods in addition to being a much more powerful supply booster. LMA questing seems very profitable to me, despite the size of the production buildings, if you’ve already leveled those GBs in HMA.

DeletedUser29623

I meant to add that if you park in HMA, you will collect a lot of Terrace Farms from GE, and if you only want them for FPs, the HMA Terrace Farms require 500 pop compared to 730 for Colonial, so you save a lot of pop. Though that may not be an issue for you if you’ve got an Inno Tower and your friends and neighbors keep leveling it for prints, whether you want them to or not!

DeletedUser29726

I’m not even close to following this guide: I’m too laid-back a player and don’t really care about global rankings and getting my Arc to 80, though I probably will at some point. I just came over to speak to the merits of parking in HMA and not sprinting through LMA. Thanks to Dulahan for championing the HMA part because I did that in my secondary city for a few months, getting the GBs I wanted (Chat, Arc, DT, Inno Tower, and RAH, besides the Age-appropriate basics) and then leveling them. Just moved into LMA with Chat/10, RAH/10, LoA/9, St.M/8, and I followed a blog post that tells you how to get two RQ slots in LMA.

I was thinking of blowing through and just getting the diamonds on each quest, but when I put up a bunch of Cooperages, I found that doing the 2 hampers quest also gives me enough supplies to do the Collect X supplies quest, so I complete two quests every time I collect from each pair of Cooperages. This is much better than the two slots in Colonial, IMO. The recurring quests for coins and supplies are not much higher than the HMA amounts, and once I get my St.M up to 10 I should be back where I was in HMA, but with two RQs running at once. The main downside is that the Fair Maiden quest self-completes, so I have to be careful not to accidentally collect it (thereby triggering the bonus questline) and there is always an annoying green check mark around the quest giver.

IDK if any of this matters to the Arc fiends, but if there are any other players like me reading this, I do recommend parking in HMA for a bit and then going into LMA with your classic GBs (Chat, LoA, STM) leveled all the way up and getting two RQ slots going. I guess my RAH does skew things a bit, but I don’t battle, so my city is very focused on goods so I can buy provinces and negotiate every GE Level. I have no military GBs, so I’ve got the space and RAH produces a lot of goods in addition to being a much more powerful supply booster. LMA questing seems very profitable to me, despite the size of the production buildings, if you’ve already leveled those GBs in HMA.

LMA questing, particularly with a chateau, is indeed not as bad as some make it out to be. It has the 2nd most sustainable unbirthday quest in the game (iron age is first) and no age after it comes close in that regard. And yes the collect supplies quest is much lower than it is in colonial which somewhat makes up for needing bigger buildings (4x brewery = 3 daily quests is the math you can hope for with just LoA from supply collections, about the same as alchemists apart from the extra space you wind up spending on population). It's probably not the right age for doing a from-scratch-arc-rush due to the higher FP per quest and the higher FP investment to get setup.

With regards to people trying to get a l80 Arc levelled up asap using a chateau and recurrings, iron age is probably the best option over even HMA as it has both a low FP count per quest and an extremely sustainable unbirthday quest line. Using 60% tavern supply boost or a lvl 1 lighthouse, at enthusiastic a motivated tailor can give you a 6k supply collection quest out of a single motivated 24 hr production which is reasonable competitive with alchemists. If you have a number of tailors or have to stick to butchers you can improve this further using fast cycles for the collect supply quests coupled with the tavern buff (can't rely on lighthouse for fast collections obviously). This also can pay for a large number of unbirthday quests. HMA's main advantage over iron age is it takes almost nothing to get setup to a modest number of quests per day (say 40-50) but with some modest effort that kind of count can be reached in iron age early as well and later on the count will get much higher.

wrt unbirthday sustainability in iron age (2000 c/s cost ; 1000 c/s small reward ; 3000 c/s big reward)
No chateau : (2000 - 1000 / 7 - 3000 / 14) = 1643 c/s net cost
Small (level 5 = 90%) chateau : (2000 - 1900 / 7 - 5700 / 14) = 1321 c/s net cost
Level 10 chateau : (2000 - 2500 / 7 - 7500 / 14) = 1107 c/s net cost : note this also means by this point that every 5 non-unbirthday quests you do a day pays for 4 unbirthdays. In practice I've found that at this point that you can do pretty much as many quests a day as you can stomach coupled with building snipes. The chateau collection itself covers about 50 unbirthdays a day worth of coins so you're primarily limited by supplies for your 'base' quests. And then every 15 FP spent on sniping buildings is another 1.8 quests. The downside to doing it in iron age is all the quest rewards other than coins/supplies/FP packs aren't worth much - but then you weren't looking for anything other than the FP packs in HMA either.

DeletedUser32824

In LMA how many RQs can you do per day? I'm in HMA so, unfortunately, your Iron age info is useless for me :(. Thanks for the stats though :)

DeletedUser29726

In LMA how many RQs can you do per day? I'm in HMA so, unfortunately, your Iron age info is useless for me :(. Thanks for the stats though :)

Depends on a lot of factors. With a good chateau, lighthouse, and brewery focused setup you can make it into the hundreds probably easily enough. As far as the supply quests the difference with HMA is approximately the following:

6 alchemists vs 4 breweries : Both 3 quests a day, both take same space for the buildings themself. Alchemists require 240 population. Breweries require 544 population. You'll need much more housing than you did in HMA (especially since unless you're done the whole tech tree for the age it's quite possibly the same 156 population HMA townhouses).

Where LMA can shine is using the 2nd quest slot, including when doing unbirthdays - will get bonus quests semifrequently by using UB and spend FP quest rewards to fuel coin or supply collection quests (the increase in magnitude for the collection quest targets makes this less impactful in colonial - though still worth doing). The higher the chateau the better this will work. This is significantly harder to model than iron age as it involves discrete math that assumes a strategy for how you're going to use the second quest slot and some of the strategies aren't so straightforward (i.e. if you've started filling one collection quests under which rewards is it worth aborting it to fill the other one instead).

CaptEHCJ

Much of the information in this guide is based on building up a Forge Point generation source via looping. I saw this guide when I was in LMA so I figured I might as well just go colonial and park there. I have done so and now have 34 clockmakers up and running. Thus I get 17 looping turn-ins each day just with clockmakers, then more with UnBirthday turn ins. I have been running this for 5 days now. I have not seen ONE forge point reward from any looping quest. My understanding was that there was a (roughly) 5% to 7% chance of forge points from these looping quests, the same as medal and pattern rewards. I have seen one diamond, and lots of patterns and medals, but not a single forge point. Thus my question - am I incredibly unlucky or have the makers of the game changed the % chance of forge points for looping quests? Or did I misunderstand something?

DeletedUser29726

Much of the information in this guide is based on building up a Forge Point generation source via looping. I saw this guide when I was in LMA so I figured I might as well just go colonial and park there. I have done so and now have 34 clockmakers up and running. Thus I get 17 looping turn-ins each day just with clockmakers, then more with UnBirthday turn ins. I have been running this for 5 days now. I have not seen ONE forge point reward from any looping quest. My understanding was that there was a (roughly) 5% to 7% chance of forge points from these looping quests, the same as medal and pattern rewards. I have seen one diamond, and lots of patterns and medals, but not a single forge point. Thus my question - am I incredibly unlucky or have the makers of the game changed the % chance of forge points for looping quests? Or did I misunderstand something?

You're unlucky - it is about a 1/14 chance to get a 5 FP pack. if we say you've done 100 quests without seeing one that's a 0.06% chance of being so unlucky ;) Which is still in the realm of 'gotta happen some time' but that it happened to you off the bat is quite unfortunate.

To put things in perspective though, if you're doing 28 quests a day, that's only expected to be 10 FP daily - it's a notable source when you don't have many others (pre-tavern, pre-GE, with hard to get event buildings), but these days it's easy to get many others.