• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.129 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please place your comments here in this thread or visit us on Facebook! :)

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser31882

Alright! Which one of you Devs are lurking in here and stealing all our good proposal ideas? :p

Joking aside:

About time on the world switcher optimization. [Thank you]

Thank you for the search bar. There were a bunch of proposals related to that.

Thank you for the arc pop-up. Now I don't have to use my calculator!

Interesting new DC task. I assume it will reward Battle points that count towards ranking points & PvP towers?

Thank You for eliminating that auto 0 for trading. I actually preferred setting up trades on mobile because of my floundering around that confounded 0.

5/5 for the prospect of these changes. Here's hoping they deploy problem free.

Agent327

I play multiple worlds on the PC. I just hit the back button on my browser and log into the next one. Does not look like more convenient to me.

RazorbackPirate

I play multiple worlds on the PC. I just hit the back button on my browser and log into the next one. Does not look like more convenient to me.

Unless, for some weird reason, they disable the browser's back button as part of the implementation of this new feature. You will be completely unaffected and your current level of convenience will not change.

For the rest of the FoE community however, I think this will be a welcome change. This feature showed up on mobile after the last update. I mostly play PC, but the few times I've played on mobile since then, I've found the ability to switch between worlds completely bypassing the home screen made the process much more convenient, seamless, and fluid.

Thank you for bringing it to the PC so quickly.

DeletedUser31592

A lot of good things coming. Yay for the Arc bonus! As someone playing in multiple worlds with several Arcs in the teens and 20s, I have to back out of a contribution to look up what my Arc bonus even is in that world. This will make my life so much easier!

Happy about the switching worlds, too. I play on mobile most of the day and on my iPhone, if I click more than once (because it is soooo slow), it logs me in through Game Center when it catches up. (The "Are you sure you want to log out button?" freezes. The Game Center log in is in the exact same spot. So when it unfreezes, Game Center log in is loading.)
I had to sit through the entire tutorial to log out once. Now, thankfully, I'm through the tutorial so I can touch the buttons to log out, but I still have to log out of that game and into my real account. (And, now that I think about it, I have no idea what world that is in- I never played it other than being able to take control of my clicking to log out. The poorly designed app could have broken the TOS for me....) Anyway, this accidental Game Center log in happens a few times a week. So annoying.

RazorbackPirate

I like the idea of direct battles on the Daily Quests. If they replace Win x Battles, Wind x Battles in a row without losing in between, and Defeat X units, on the days they appear, my hoodies will like them too. Once I'm hit GE level 3 or 4, it's easier to attack the hood for some quick wins.

re there any details on the specifics about how these quests will work? Will they be similar to GE where we see our opposing army to select the best units, ot like the hood where you know until you're on the battlefield? If we surrender or lose, can we go back a second or even 3rd time to get the win?

If we can try multiple times, will it be new terrain each time like in GE, or the same like on the C-map? GE always seems to always generate impossible to cross terrain when I face all range and artillery units. I like being able to surrender and come back until I get a terrain I can work with. Same question about enemy units. If we come back a second time, do we face the same, different?

I like the idea of this one, but it seems the devil may be in the details.

DeletedUser32348

I really appreciate this update and the last one and it seems like a major transformation of what we've been playing the past.
Good User Interfaces makes the game more Fun and easy to play.
I really liked the ARC bonus concept - will never have to use calculators for that reason
also the search bar in the inventory

I was hoping they would fix the "Esc" button issue. Full screen drops to windowed mode if i hit "Esc"
and sometimes the shortcut keys won't work properly after switching tabs inside the browser.
I see that they've tried fixing/ fixed the scrolling issue for zooming levels in HTML5 mode

And I'm not sure what they meant by these?
Note that those armies can have differing sizes and the units in the fight depend on the era of your city.

Agent327

re there any details on the specifics about how these quests will work? Will they be similar to GE where we see our opposing army to select the best units, ot like the hood where you know until you're on the battlefield? If we surrender or lose, can we go back a second or even 3rd time to get the win?

It's like GE. You see what you are up against. A medium sized army in OF has 105% in attack and defence with 8 units in the first wave and 3 in the second.

Can't tell you more. I din't lose :D

DeletedUser32348

Also hoping that they would fix editing texts in HTML5 mode in messaging section.
Can't use Ctrl+Arrow marks to jump across words
Can't use Ctrl+Delete/Backspace to delete entered words
Also not able to select/highlight text in the messages

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

Also hoping that they would fix editing texts in HTML5 mode in messaging section.
Can't use Ctrl+Arrow marks to jump across words
Can't use Ctrl+Delete/Backspace to delete entered words
Also not able to select/highlight text in the messages

I can select/highlight text clicking and dragging my mouse, but I can't select/highlight a word double clicking on it.
The text scroll in the typing area is also glitchy. It either goes all the way to the top, or all the way to the bottom. I have to use arrow keys to move the cursor between lines for anything else.
After hitting send, it gives the Enter Message prompt again only about 50% of the time. I often have to close and reopen to get it again.

Merciana

Instead of a search box in the inventory screen (or in addition to) I would have liked to seen some kind of grouping tabs. Things like: FP packs, Boosts/Kits, Special Buildings/Upgrades, and Houses/Production. That would at least get you to the grouping of items faster. With the search you have to know the name of the item you are seeking.

DeletedUser11342

My session keeps expiring forcing me to constantly log in, and so much for tab browsing anymore.

Graviton

I like the new logout feature, especially on mobile. On PC I can just glance at the address bar to see which world I'm in, there was no way to do that on mobile until now. I also like the display of the Arc bonuses.

DeletedUser26965

About time on the world switcher optimization.
It's no good on Browser because it takes about 3 times longer than simply tabbing it in te favorites bar.

In game world switch: click, wait, click, wait, scroll, click (about 8 seconds total before new world loading screen)

FoE Tabbed in Fav bar: click, click, click (about 3 seconds total before new world loading screen)

Sure we're only talking a few seconds here but when you have 26 worlds you do daily, well, like water, follow the path of least resistance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35475

I like the new log out feature where you can switch worlds. I like showing all the other worlds in case you want to start another city.

DeletedUser33326

"We have added standalone battles as a possible task to our Daily Challenges. The mysterious quest giver "Nameless" may now challenge you to a fight directly from the quest overview!
Note that those armies can have differing sizes and the units in the fight depend on the era of your city."

Why are there two waves to this battle?
Why do i not get to have two waves of attackers?
Why do these troops have an att / def bonus???

I am hoping this will replace the win x battles in daily but if it does not, and i am assuming it does not, how is this fair in any way?

I like all the other updates and the things being done with the game, but adding unfair battles where i have to defeat 16 troops with a 30% att and def bonus to the daily is not ok. this really sucks.

DeletedUser26965

"We have added standalone battles as a possible task to our Daily Challenges. The mysterious quest giver "Nameless" may now challenge you to a fight directly from the quest overview!
Note that those armies can have differing sizes and the units in the fight depend on the era of your city."

Why are there two waves to this battle?
Why do i not get to have two waves of attackers?
Why do these troops have an att / def bonus???

I am hoping this will replace the win x battles in daily but if it does not, and i am assuming it does not, how is this fair in any way?

I like all the other updates and the things being done with the game, but adding unfair battles where i have to defeat 16 troops with a 30% att and def bonus to the daily is not ok. this really sucks.
Yeah the big one is like GE4 so it's intended to be harder, the little one I'm sure is easy though.