• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.129 Feedback

Volodya

I need to know how the total; base+bonus, because that's how much I need to contribute to the GB if I'm participating in my guild's 90% Arc Angel thread.

What Inno added is, as mentioned, 99% of the work, but the missing 1% means I still have to get out a calculator. Maybe some people who are better at math can add 3 and 4 digit numbers in their heads, I can't. It couldn't have been more than 1 or 2 lines of code to add the total reward.
Oh and something I forgot to mention above -- the GB snipers must be absolutely LOVING the additions to the GB interface introduced in these updates.
Well, except for the ones who are whining because Inno doesn't finish the arithmetic for them.

RazorbackPirate

Well, except for the ones who are whining because Inno doesn't finish the arithmetic for them.

I don't yet have an Arc so really don't have much dog in this fight. But to be honest when I saw the first image posted in the announcement, the immediate thought that came to mind was, "That's dumb, why didn't they also add the total?" It has nothing to do with finishing the arithmetic, it has to do with Inno completely missing the glaringly obvious.

Whether you agree or not, for the rest of us, it's a bit of a head scratcher. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that there was either a deliberate reason they chose not to put the total, or there was some technical limitation they couldn't quite get around that prevented it. Without it being one or the other, I'm left to wonder how it made it completely through the development process without anyone saying, "Hey guys, you think we should put the total there too?"

DeletedUser4441

I think it was more of a screen real estate issue. On Browser its not so much a problem and most monitors are quite large. But when playing on a smaller device it gets crowded. They could have just shown one unified number as total of all with boost like they do with Frontenac. However the volume of "OMG my Frontenac is broke" tickets we get because of that is very real as people do not always realize the number shown includes the boost.

ODragon

I think it was more of a screen real estate issue. On Browser its not so much a problem and most monitors are quite large. But when playing on a smaller device it gets crowded. They could have just shown one unified number as total of all with boost like they do with Frontenac. However the volume of "OMG my Frontenac is broke" tickets we get because of that is very real as people do not always realize the number shown includes the boost.

Thank you for a more informed answer to the question. I would say though, since they have shown many times that they don't mind having things work differently across platforms, they could still add the extra column on the PC version and leave it as is on the browser.

DeletedUser28711

Was the iOS app updated to 1.129 along with the Android app?

My Android updated on Thursday & it's now after business hours on Monday without an update to the iOS app.

DeletedUser30312

Guilty as charged. I've got 6 blacksmiths in my city and they do nothing but the production runs for DC. I've got all my production buildings set to 24 hour production and I'm not about to lose RQs using them for DC. Even with 6, there's been a few times that getting the last collection would mean getting up in the middle of the night to collect, I set the runs, but the pillow always wins.

I'm talking about the OF players who have several dozen of the things all over the city.

Agent327

I'm talking about the OF players who have several dozen of the things all over the city.

They have them for the same reason.To do productions for DC's and the event. You can not do a 90x5 minute production quest with OF buildings. They are way to big for that.

DeletedUser26965

several dozen
pfft, I have over 300!

of-bs-madness.gif

images

I'm sure I'm violating the Prime Directive but I don't care.

DeletedUser3882

I saw it mentioned in another thread somewhere in Proposals or Forge Hall (can’t find it now..) but it was mentioned that the DC “defeat x sized army” does not count toward the “win x battles” or “win x battles in a row without losing” nor “complete x battles by fighting” if one is unlucky enough to have this DC pop up along with one of the other quests.

I don’t see it here in the feedback, so I’m feeding back.

Is this not a battle?!? Shouldn’t it count?!?

This makes me wonder if you get battle points for winning this fight. And if so/not, do you accrue Tower points for completing also?

I haven’t looked as I usually auto and blow through it, but I aim to slow down and check next time one hits. Have not seen any comments referring to this...

DeletedUser4441

I saw it mentioned in another thread somewhere in Proposals or Forge Hall (can’t find it now..) but it was mentioned that the DC “defeat x sized army” does not count toward the “win x battles” or “win x battles in a row without losing” nor “complete x battles by fighting” if one is unlucky enough to have this DC pop up along with one of the other quests.

I don’t see it here in the feedback, so I’m feeding back.

Is this not a battle?!? Shouldn’t it count?!?

Known Issue and already on the fix it list.

RazorbackPirate

pfft, I have over 300!

I'm sure I'm violating the Prime Directive but I don't care.

It's hard to believe that being able to complete the quests with blacksmiths wasn't an oversight. I keep expecting by the time I get to OF, it will have been changed. If not, my city will look just like that. As much as I hate ugly cities, I will happily put up with it in exchange for the quest rewards.

DeletedUser26965

It's hard to believe that being able to complete the quests with blacksmiths wasn't an oversight. I keep expecting by the time I get to OF, it will have been changed. If not, my city will look just like that. As much as I hate ugly cities, I will happily put up with it in exchange for the quest rewards.
It wasn't and it won't. It was brought up to them in Beta when OF came out and they said this;

same with the 24h production quest
just build millions of Blacksmiths, i'm sure many will do this
Well you can't do millions because you have a city space limitation. You would also still need to wait 24 hours for the productions to complete. So while you can maybe complete it more easily/frequently, you're not 'abusing' the quest.
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...-oceanic-future-part-1.7176/page-8#post-43729

See, I always bring the truth;)

People with big CF's and FP farms and such could do more anyway so most people don't utilize those quests like that, I know of only one other player that did to such an extent. VF sucks though, there's only one quest like that instead of three.

RazorbackPirate

It wasn't and it won't. It was brought up to them in Beta when OF came out and they said this;

See, I always bring the truth;)

People with big CF's and FP farms and such could do more anyway so most people don't utilize those quests like that, I know of only one other player that did to such an extent. VF sucks though, there's only one quest like that instead of three.

Thanks for the truth. It's nice to know it will still be an option when I finally get there. A part of me still wants to rebel against the idea it was deliberate, but unlike some, I won't claim to know the intent of the developers better than the developers.

I don't know if I'll go to the same extent as you have, but I anticipate having lots of smiths permanently on 24 hour production, backed by a high level CF. I intend to exploit that feature for all it's worth.

I've read what you've posted about RQs in VF. It's gonna be hard to give up all those smiths, for so much less.