• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.129 Feedback

DeletedUser26965

It can be better balanced than it is. Defeating a very large army to win 3 troops- which has a 50% chance of being a drummer or color guard? Not balanced.
I think if you think in terms of how DC is actually structured you might see my point of view. First, the tasks are random and there's a lot of them, like 80+ and second, the chests are random as well and with chests, I believe, are set with a certain % chance to come up, see here for chest stats My First Attempt at Daily Challenge. So it isn't, you get this chest therefore tasks should "match" somehow in a balanced way, it's here's some tasks, pick a chest at a chance to get some some stuff depending on which chest you chose with a free chest at the end of 7. So given the actual parameters of how it works how would you "balance" it? Is it even possible?

DeletedUser31592

I think if you think in terms of how DC is actually structured you might see my point of view. First, the tasks are random and there's a lot of them, like 80+ and second, the chests are random as well and with chests, I believe, are set with a certain % chance to come up, see here for chest stats My First Attempt at Daily Challenge. So it isn't, you get this chest therefore tasks should "match" somehow in a balanced way, it's here's some tasks, pick a chest at a chance to get some some stuff depending on which chest you chose with a free chest at the end of 7. So given the actual parameters of how it works how would you "balance" it? Is it even possible?
You weren't doing DCs when you had to Pay 200,000 coins plus other tasks for a reward of 120,000 coins. It has been imbalanced in the past and Inno has recognized and fixed it. I feel this is also imbalanced. Hopefully they will take the feedback into consideration.

DeletedUser31592

I got my first "Defeat this Large Army" quest in the Daily today. While I like the premise, I'm not a fan of the execution. I lost way too many unattached units completing it. It took two tries, but with way more unit loss that I want to do on a regular basis. 16 units to defeat all with both an attack and defense bost. I bought an attack boost from the tavern and every hit seemed to bounce right off. Not a fan of this one. Not the way it's set up to have us so outmatched.

Wait until you get an EXTRA large army.

I got through a medium army with no problems. A large army cost me a few troops in HMA (but in other eras, it probably would have been worse). The extra large army? I lost all but 2 units on the first wave. The only way to win was to spend diamonds and hope I could beat the next 8. It wasn't worth it, so I forfeit.

DeletedUser26965

You weren't doing DCs when you had to Pay 200,000 coins plus other tasks for a reward of 120,000 coins. It has been imbalanced in the past and Inno has recognized and fixed it. I feel this is also imbalanced. Hopefully they will take the feedback into consideration.
I played when it first came out in Beta. They made lots of changes since then but not in the way you're expressing it, it's not about what you need to do because of what you're getting, they changed things simply because people complain, so sure people can keep complaining and maybe they'll make tasks easier and make rewards better but that has nothing to do with "balance" or balancing rewards with tasks. From the comments here there's 3 levels of this new feature and the hardest one is on par with GE4-1 from what I have seen.
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_Expeditions

(edit: adding more as I get them)

Very Small = 6 previous age units no bonus(IA)
Small = 8 Units, 7 Age previous age, 1 same age, no bonus(IA)
Medium = partial 2 wave, 1st wave 7 units 2 previous age, 2nd wave 3 units 1 previous age, no bonus(IA)
Large = 2 wave, 2nd wave 5 units, 1 unit previous age, no bonus(IA)
Very Large = full 2 wave, all same age, 2 Rogues in both waves, 5% bonus(IA) 70% Bonus(PE)

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

Wait until you get an EXTRA large army.

I got through a medium army with no problems. A large army cost me a few troops in HMA (but in other eras, it probably would have been worse). The extra large army? I lost all but 2 units on the first wave. The only way to win was to spend diamonds and hope I could beat the next 8. It wasn't worth it, so I forfeit.

The large army had 16 units to defeat. What's extra large, a 3 wave battle?

RazorbackPirate

From the comments here there's 3 levels of this new feature and the hardest one is on par with GE4 from what I have seen.

And that's the reason I still negotiate through GE 4. I don't yet have the Attack/Defense boost numbers high enough to do it without losing too many units. Given the A/D Boost given to the defending units, who knows when that will be? But in GE I have a choice.

While I'll hate doing it, depending on the frequency I get this, If it starts to really impact my total number of unattached units, I'll have to just skip it. I guess there's a first time for everything.

DeletedUser31592

Still 2 waves but 2 rogues in each round. I didn't even check the attack boost.

I did easily defeat an "extra large army' today but it was in a different era (lost 1 rogue). The city is in HMA, so an easier age to fight in that many.

DeletedUser33330

I tend to agree with several other people here about the Defeat this army addition to the DC. its not worth it. its not fair. its not balanced. If i had much higher GB that gave much better bonus to my troops i could handle my 8 to 16 battle, but to give the 16 a + 60% bonus? this is not fair. i really so far i have had defeat this army 3 days in a row.... really not happy with how often it is showing up. it needs to be tweaked some and cut down on how often it shows up. i really think someone from the game needs to be in on the loop with how many people this is effecting in a negative way.

DeletedUser33332

I got my first "Defeat this Large Army" quest in the Daily today. While I like the premise, I'm not a fan of the execution. I lost way too many unattached units completing it. It took two tries, but with way more unit loss that I want to do on a regular basis. 16 units to defeat all with both an attack and defense bost. I bought an attack boost from the tavern and every hit seemed to bounce right off. Not a fan of this one. Not the way it's set up to have us so outmatched.

I agree the 16 troops is bad enough when you dont have a decent att def bonus of your own but then they get a 40 % or higher boost? its just plain unreasonable. i really hope inno sees how many people hate this new feature

DeletedUser26965

It's called "Very Large". I'm pretty sure there are 5 types now and they generally follow GE battles to some extent, wonder if it's generally the same for the cMap. Regardless, the data below was mostly all from IA cities, one PE city, so I wasn't seeing any bonuses in IA except for the Very Large army which matches GE in a sense if you think of Very Small/Small=GE1, Medium=GE2, Large=GE3, Very Large=GE4-1, something like that anyway.
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_Expeditions

Very Small = 6 previous age units no bonus(IA)
Small = 8 Units, 7 Age previous age, 1 same age, no bonus(IA)
Medium = partial 2 wave, 1st wave 7 units 2 previous age, 2nd wave 3 units 1 previous age, no bonus(IA)
Large = 2 wave, 2nd wave 5 units, 1 unit previous age, no bonus(IA)
Very Large = full 2 wave, all same age, 2 Rogues in both waves, 5% bonus(IA) 70% Bonus(PE)

DeletedUser33335

The 'Defeat this army' thing needs to be looked at more closely. We are getting into the territory where you paid more coins to complete the quest than you were rewarded. I got a "Defeat this Very Large Army" quest. The chest? Military Genious (3 Rogues, 3 Color Guard, 3 Drummers, or 3 Champions). Between both waves, I will lose more than 3 troops. I actually forfeit the second wave because if I won, I would only have 1 or 2 units left. The reward wasn't worth it. I had the same quest in another world. I won a friggin' Palm Tree and the only reason I even won the dumb palm tree is because I used diamonds to restore units between the waves. I forgot what the chest was. Had I known, I would have forfeit that as well. I'm all for a new idea and I have worked on my military abilities. However, the cost can't be more than the reward.

this is a very bad new feature. the defeat this battle. large armies with 16 troops and high % boosts? several days in a row? not liking this to me it is not worth the reward for the day or the week. now it looks like it will take me two weeks or more to get one 7 DC chest

DeletedUser26965

And that's the reason I still negotiate through GE 4. I don't yet have the Attack/Defense boost numbers high enough to do it without losing too many units. Given the A/D Boost given to the defending units, who knows when that will be? But in GE I have a choice.

While I'll hate doing it, depending on the frequency I get this, If it starts to really impact my total number of unattached units, I'll have to just skip it. I guess there's a first time for everything.
I guess maybe they can make it just like GE instead;

hjgyf.gif

DeletedUser25166

it just means more dailies i can not do. i cant fight 16 troops with 30% bonus.
Boohoo. I can’t do 83 5 minute productions or my favorite 22 4 hour productions.
Suck it up buttercup, this is a war game not a mindless clicking game

DeletedUser32702

Does the AI in the fight an army in the daily quest targets the Rogues first?

DeletedUser30312

Well, I got the Very Large army yesterday. First wave, 3 Lancers, 3 Jaegers, 2 Rogues, second wave 3 Jaegers, 3 Rifles, 2 Rogues, 60% bonus. Nasty. I crushed it anyway, but something like this is going to be brutal for a more peaceful player. OTOH, there is no fail penalty any more, so this helps to balance things a bit. Honestly, today's requirement of 33 4 hour productions was worse, because I have neither to time or inclination to futz around with something like that today. (I think Inno needs to tweak the supply productions a bit, especially since people are planting Blacksmiths like crazy; nothing is irritating me quite like using a Dynamic Tower use to get 1 BA good.)

I think I've said that DCs are really looking to require well-tuned cities, and that's definitely turning out to be the case. The people who seem to be stumbling the most are either planning poorly or have over specialized one trick ponies.

DeletedUser19152

I need to know how the total; base+bonus, because that's how much I need to contribute to the GB if I'm participating in my guild's 90% Arc Angel thread.

What Inno added is, as mentioned, 99% of the work, but the missing 1% means I still have to get out a calculator. Maybe some people who are better at math can add 3 and 4 digit numbers in their heads, I can't. It couldn't have been more than 1 or 2 lines of code to add the total reward.

DeletedUser30312

Oh and something I forgot to mention above -- the GB snipers must be absolutely LOVING the additions to the GB interface introduced in these updates.

DeletedUser29623

I don’t have a big issue with the battles in DC—I fight them if they’re manageable and skip if not. I would prefer not to attack my neighbors, so that is another plus. But it would be great if there was an alternate negotiation like the one in GE, because then doing DCs would actually be fun instead of a bit a of a chore. I really like the negotiation game in GE.

RazorbackPirate

(I think Inno needs to tweak the supply productions a bit, especially since people are planting Blacksmiths like crazy; nothing is irritating me quite like using a Dynamic Tower use to get 1 BA good.)

Guilty as charged. I've got 6 blacksmiths in my city and they do nothing but the production runs for DC. I've got all my production buildings set to 24 hour production and I'm not about to lose RQs using them for DC. Even with 6, there's been a few times that getting the last collection would mean getting up in the middle of the night to collect, I set the runs, but the pillow always wins.