• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.129 Feedback

DeletedUser33326

really great update 5/5
I have a question what about the construction tool when it will be online on the other servers

Construction is live on mobile for some people. small group of people. random test subjects. my friend has it on her phone but i dont :(

DeletedUser26965

it just means more dailies i can not do. i cant fight 16 troops with 30% bonus.
Well, sure you can't beat them now but if you work on getting/leveling fighting GB's you'll be able to but yeah I guess if you don't fight at all those tasks would have to be skipped but hey luckily they removed the -1 from failing tasks, did you know when it first came out in development if you failed a task it would reset to 0 even if you had 6 done? Yeah lol, we got it easy now and the rewards are better too.

DeletedUser19152

I don't like the ARC thing. I was hoping that it should show the total amount of the reward. It doesn't really help me that it shows the reward + the arc bonus, but not the total amount.

I would like to suggest the next update, the ARC bonus field should add the bonus and show the total amount of the reward (base+bonus)

Graviton

I don't like the ARC thing. I was hoping that it should show the total amount of the reward. It doesn't really help me that it shows the reward + the arc bonus, but not the total amount.

I would like to suggest the next update, the ARC bonus field should add the bonus and show the total amount of the reward (base+bonus)

Are you sure that isn't how it's displaying now? I assumed that the total is shown, then the part of that that's the Arc bonus is the new part.

Freshmeboy

So let's see here gprim...Before the update, you needed to bring out your calculator to figure your bonus or just eyeball it roughly and worry about the rest later...Now simple addition gives you your total and that isn't good enough...?

ODragon

Now simple addition gives you your total and that isn't good enough...?
Nope, there is way more than enough room to show both.

This addition doesn't save me any input into the calc than before. If anything, it is more input than before.

BruteForceAttack

So let's see here gprim...Before the update, you needed to bring out your calculator to figure your bonus or just eyeball it roughly and worry about the rest later...Now simple addition gives you your total and that isn't good enough...?

It's not about that, Inno did 99.9% of the work, but they didn't do the simple last 0.1 %. And the ROI on QOL for that last 0.1 % is a lot. Inno missed on this... Please add the total.

DawnLight the Just

I like it the way it is. I'd rather know the amount of the bonus I'm getting then sitting there trying to figure out what my bonus was. It's the only way to know that you are actually getting the bonus. It's much better than having to figure it out for yourself.

BruteForceAttack

I like it the way it is. I'd rather know the amount of the bonus I'm getting then sitting there trying to figure out what my bonus was. It's the only way to know that you are actually getting the bonus. It's much better than having to figure it out for yourself.

Would you rather not have all the three i.e. reward + bonus = total return?

instead of just reward , bonus ?

DeletedUser31592

The 'Defeat this army' thing needs to be looked at more closely. We are getting into the territory where you paid more coins to complete the quest than you were rewarded. I got a "Defeat this Very Large Army" quest. The chest? Military Genious (3 Rogues, 3 Color Guard, 3 Drummers, or 3 Champions). Between both waves, I will lose more than 3 troops. I actually forfeit the second wave because if I won, I would only have 1 or 2 units left. The reward wasn't worth it. I had the same quest in another world. I won a friggin' Palm Tree and the only reason I even won the dumb palm tree is because I used diamonds to restore units between the waves. I forgot what the chest was. Had I known, I would have forfeit that as well. I'm all for a new idea and I have worked on my military abilities. However, the cost can't be more than the reward.

DeletedUser26965

The 'Defeat this army' thing needs to be looked at more closely. We are getting into the territory where you paid more coins to complete the quest than you were rewarded. I got a "Defeat this Very Large Army" quest. The chest? Military Genious (3 Rogues, 3 Color Guard, 3 Drummers, or 3 Champions). Between both waves, I will lose more than 3 troops. I actually forfeit the second wave because if I won, I would only have 1 or 2 units left. The reward wasn't worth it. I had the same quest in another world. I won a friggin' Palm Tree and the only reason I even won the dumb palm tree is because I used diamonds to restore units between the waves. I forgot what the chest was. Had I known, I would have forfeit that as well. I'm all for a new idea and I have worked on my military abilities. However, the cost can't be more than the reward.
The rewards and chances for any given better reward are relative in value, there's no real way they can balance cost to user versus rewards, they can only do so within a reasonable range like obviously you won't have to pay 10,000 forge points as part of any given task, conversely finishing one 5 minute production for a single day wouldn't happen as well. I like the addition to DC simply because it's unique and offers a new route for completing tasks.

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Challenges

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31592

The rewards and chances for any given better reward are relative in value, there's no real way they can balance cost to user versus rewards, they can only do so within a reasonable range like obviously you won't have to pay 10,000 forge points as part of any given task, conversely finishing one 5 minute production for a single day wouldn't happen as well. I like the addition to DC simply because it's unique and offers a new route for completing tasks.

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Challenges

It can be better balanced than it is. Defeating a very large army to win 3 troops- which has a 50% chance of being a drummer or color guard? Not balanced. Maybe a small or medium army. The quest should never cost more than the reward, and requiring the defeat of a very large army for 3 troops will cost most people at least 3 troops.

When comparing a battle to a building reward, it is obviously subjective and can't be measured.

I know that with the change as it is, I will be skipping a whole lot more DCs. I skipped 3 today because the reward wasn't worth the battle- all large or very large armies for less than amazing rewards.

ODragon

I also got defeat Large Army today. It was my IA town so I was stocked as it was easy enemies and my rogues+heavy were able to take them down without losing a single troop.

DeletedUser32824

I know that with the change as it is, I will be skipping a whole lot more DCs. I skipped 3 today because the reward wasn't worth the battle- all large or very large armies for less than amazing rewards.
You also have to factor in that each DC is 1/7 of the weekly challenge--that 50FP or a chance at an SOK or WW would be enough for me to get a not so great reward for the quest.

As it is when my reward is a large coin package (18k coins and I have 8mil in HMA) I still do it so I can get more weekly challenges done.

__

I like the changes for the Arc bonus and will really like when it comes to mobile. I usually plug rewards into my spreadsheet while on PC, but on mobile I play much more on the fly, and being able to see my Arc bonus would be a great help with that.

RazorbackPirate

I got my first "Defeat this Large Army" quest in the Daily today. While I like the premise, I'm not a fan of the execution. I lost way too many unattached units completing it. It took two tries, but with way more unit loss that I want to do on a regular basis. 16 units to defeat all with both an attack and defense bost. I bought an attack boost from the tavern and every hit seemed to bounce right off. Not a fan of this one. Not the way it's set up to have us so outmatched.

DeletedUser31778

As amiar said, sometimes the daily prize isn't worth it, but it's still getting 1/7th the way to the weekly prize so I do them anyways, unless it's really costly. Another thing to consider with troops lost vs troops gained as a reward is if you use only attached units, you never truly lose them. You only lose the coins and supplies it takes to replace them. I only have two military buildings but that's enough to fight a battle without putting any unattached units at risk.