• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Disallow the Ability to Build a Great Building beyond your Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshmeboy

Your proposal is simple...my answer too is simple... NO. It's customary to give reasons why for a nay vote and to ask questions and poke holes in any given proposal. It's YOU that have trotted out all this inane nonsense about prime directives, exploits, etc. What you ask is INNO to do is self defeating..they are a corporation with a team of bean counters who know EXACTLY how much money they make from every aspect of the game...from pvp to GvG to DCs, diamonds purchased before events, after and in between. They understand where every dime is being spent as any good business would, and, yes, they know how much revenue is earned from bps and goods purchased. You are asking a corporation to look at their tally sheet and clip a portion of incoming revenue because you, and only you, have magically discovered a hidden exploit that they, the developers were unaware of....that is completely ludicrous. In the end, this doesn't matter...Know why..? Cause your proposal needs to have general support during this process before the mods will allow it in the polls..Safe to say, this will never see the light of day....

DeletedUser35351

I'm done with you, buddy. You're just here to troll. You have no ground to stand on here. Good day to you.
First off as for trolling -- I am not the one that as been trolling -- I have simply responded to each and every one of the trolls but that does not mean I am the one doing the trolling. Of course, the eventual tit-for-tat (aka give back what I had been receiving to those delivering it) may have gotten you confused but you seemed to have had a better mind than that. *shrug*

You had a legitimate concept, that unlike the many of the rest was fairly well thought out. And you had the chance to explain how your concept would handle an issue that came to my mind about that concept but it seems that when faced with an actual problem with your concept and you could only bail. So sad as this was about the only one thus far that had any chance of speaking to the actual issue I presented. I had hoped you were made of sterner stuff and could actually defend your concept with other well formulated thoughts.

DeletedUser35351

Your proposal is simple...my answer too is simple... NO. It's customary to give reasons why for a nay vote and to ask questions and poke holes in any given proposal. It's YOU that have trotted out all this inane nonsense about prime directives, exploits, etc. What you ask is INNO to do is self defeating..they are a corporation with a team of bean counters who know EXACTLY how much money they make from every aspect of the game...from pvp to GvG to DCs, diamonds purchased before events, after and in between. They understand where every dime is being spent as any good business would, and, yes, they know how much revenue is earned from bps and goods purchased. You are asking a corporation to look at their tally sheet and clip a portion of incoming revenue because you, and only you, have magically discovered a hidden exploit that they, the developers were unaware of....that is completely ludicrous. In the end, this doesn't matter...Know why..? Cause your proposal needs to have general support during this process before the mods will allow it in the polls..Safe to say, this will never see the light of day....
Totally off topic and at this point since this basically means you do not have the intelligence to stay on the original topic there is no sense responding since you obviously would not be able to understand a response.

DeletedUser35351

"Each player is required to report serious errors immediately to the Forge of Empires Team."
https://us0.forgeofempires.com/page/the_game/rules/

BTW I want to thank you for this sloppyjoe as I will take your suggestion and bring it to the actual game designers direct attention and see what they have to say about it. Along with the the other exploit I came across Diamond Farms which in this rules section they call Pushing an aspect which is without a doubt against the rules. I will post back here once I have gotten a response from them on this as to whether it is an exploit they are simply okay with allowing or if it is not an exploit they are okay with allowing.

DeletedUser26965

BTW I want to thank you for this sloppyjoe as I will take your suggestion and bring it to the actual game designers direct attention and see what they have to say about it. Along with the the other exploit I came across Diamond Farms which in this rules section they call Pushing an aspect which is without a doubt against the rules. I will post back here once I have gotten a response from them on this as to whether it is an exploit they are simply okay with allowing or if it is not an exploit they are okay with allowing.
You've gone off the deep end lol. Sure, go ahead and tell them diamonds being crossworld is an exploit too along with getting GB's out of age, I'd love to see their response.

DeletedUser26965

Oh yes please do that and let us know what they say. I can't wait.
This is just too funny, he thinks "exploits" are things that go against his vision of what the game should be like. Reminds me of that other fella who thinks DC is overpowered, I guess DC is an exploit that should be removed from the game as it goes against the EN DNSL, Inno keeps violating their own Prime Directive!

upload_2018-7-2_8-33-10.jpeg

DeletedUser35351

This is just too funny, he thinks "exploits" are things that go against his vision of what the game should be like.
Actually you have yet to get this even close to being right but then again you have not yet so I doubt that you ever will.

And yes I am actually curious as to what they have to say about the GB exploit -- and the other -- you ought to read the rules a bit closer its called Pushing and its illegal

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3882

@DeJoker Good grief... I’ve tried to read the thread... I have, but a New York Times best seller ‘‘tis not and sludging through the pages enevitably makes one forget what the OP is even *about* :/

*Personally* speaking, I think the game changed for the worse in the release of the Arc and also unlocking bldgs above 10 in multiple aspects of the game, but that cats out of the bag and is a discussion for another thread. Similar, but not what this is about and I’m not typing more than I have to trying to explain more stuff that is way over this dudes head...

For this thread, what gripes me the most is a new, young, inexperienced player so steadfast in believing they know what’s best for the game when they haven’t even advanced past EMA!

From a personal advice standpoint, there’s a ton of value in trudging through the ranks and developing sound strategies and experience. There’s A TON of players that advanced too quickly and got in way over their heads but that is all personal choice. To place restrictions on someone from advancing (especially when spending real money) is akin to the “one and done” rule for NBA prospects (already a upcoming change to that fairly recent rule reversing its’ prime directive).

The only restriction I see is the need to block newer players from posting asenine proposals without “paying their dues” and advancing to a certain point or being required to do a little bit of research to understand that we’ve already been through issues concerning major changes to GBs and the resulting fallout.

Nerfing Attack GBs come to mind?!? Of course it doesn’t because you haven’t been around long enough!

Here’s one for you... The Oracle of Debacle debacle! Remember that one?!? It only happened a relative few months ago, but I’m not so sure that you’ve even been playing *that* long, but even if so, you were so new you had no worldly clue what it was even about and even less clue how many players were outraged, how many were affected and why, nor how many players may have even quit the game entirely.

Personal feelings aside, this would not improve the game, although it may help new players “learn”, again Cat -> Bag. What you are pondering is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AND CANNOT HAPPEN no matter how hard you try to defend it. At the very best, it would be a game breaker and FOE would quickly cease to exist due to the fallout.

The answer to your proposal is a BIG FAT NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Accept it, be done, and move on to another idea/thread/post/proposal.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3882

On a related note....

Have you ever actually tried to put a cat *in* a bag?!? Let alone *back* in one?!? 0_o

Agent327

Ding, ding! Do I win a prize? I'm so excited, it's the first time I've been ignored. Given it's this clown, I could not be happier. Unfortunately, him ignoring me let's me still see his posts ... Gotta go find that button.

You don't win a prize. I already beat you to it :D

Freshmeboy

Proposal Blindness. Definition: When an OP ignores all logical argument, dissent or proof his proposal is flawed, potentially abusive or unrealistic. Seen it before and it won't be the last time Joker...you are so in love with your idea you can't see the forest for the trees...this proposal will die an ugly death as more forum posters grow weary of his outrageous claims and surrealistic vision of FoE...

Salsuero

Proposal Blindness. Definition: When an OP ignores all logical argument, dissent or proof his proposal is flawed, potentially abusive or unrealistic. Seen it before and it won't be the last time Joker...you are so in love with your idea you can't see the forest for the trees...this proposal will die an ugly death as more forum posters grow weary of his outrageous claims and surrealistic vision of FoE...

Worse for him, I feel like he may have irreparably damaged any possible future credibility in these forums. I don't know that I can take anything he says seriously at this point. It all reads like logic diarrhea and the mental gymnastics required to believe in what he's written is staggering to say the least.

DeletedUser26965

Joke about if you will but it is pretty straight forward about describing what Pushing is and that is basically what a Diamond Farm is.
lolz, I'm not joking about the game rules I'm joking about your positions that diamond farming and GB's out of age are exploits and cheats that go against the "Prime Directive", I'm willing to bet I've reported more REAL cheaters than you have but you go right ahead and report all those cities with Wishing Wells on them, but don't forget to report all the cities using GE to get diamonds too, and report everyone with a GB out of age, post the responses you get, we'd all love to see them.

DeletedUser34800

I can't believe this thread is still going on. This proposal is not only terrible in every way, it's also wrong.

Getting GBs early is not an exploit or loophole, it's an intended part of the game. A diamond farm isn't an exploit or loophole, it's an intended part of the game (diamonds are shared accross the entire account, not just by world).

Inno designed this game how they wanted to, and getting GBs early has been a thing here forever. It's what Inno wanted for their game. Why? Because it makes money. Sure, people can trade and work for BPs and goods. Or they can buy diamonds and buy all the goods and BPs (after getting that first 1), which makes money.

It doesn't break the game to let people get GBs early. Everyone has the same opportunity. It's always funny how people think that they know more about what the game is supposed to be like than the team of devs who are actually designing it.

This proposal won't happen, ever. Anything that hinders Inno's ability to make money won't ever happen, especially not because an extremely small percentage of players have come to the forums and complained. Inno losing your business (or even the 9 other total players who may agree with you) won't affect them. Inno losing the business of all the whales that paid for their GBs will affect them. And making money for this game is all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.