• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Disallow the Ability to Build a Great Building beyond your Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31440

https://us0.forgeofempires.com/page/the_game/rules/ (The actual Prime Directive)

1. One account per player
It is allowed to use the same account to play on multiple worlds.

8. Pushing

Operating a push account or knowingly benefiting from it is forbidden. A push account is an account that is mainly used to help another account while neglecting other parts of the game. This means that it is not allowed to use an account solely for the purpose of helping another account grow, or to knowingly receive benefits or any kind of support from such account.

To help simplify it a bit:

An account refers to the player, in my case Ozyman Tremble Weaklings, not to the world. The way the rules are written my cities on E, F, W, X, & Y are all part of the same account. As a push account is mainly used to help another account diamond farms aren't considered push accounts.

Have fun, I'll be back on the forum in earnest in a month or so.

DeletedUser35351

lolz, I'm not joking about the game rules I'm joking about your positions that diamond farming and GB's out of age are exploits and cheats that go against the "Prime Directive", I'm willing to bet I've reported more REAL cheaters than you have but you go right ahead and report all those cities with Wishing Wells on them, but don't forget to report all the cities using GE to get diamonds too, and report everyone with a GB out of age, post the responses you get, we'd all love to see them.
Dude I would not be surprised if you are like 10 years old or younger. I fully understand the concepts of cheating and I am fully aware of folks that are cheating and those who are not. Have I reported anyone as of yet no... Instead I am willing to speak to the game designers to propose ideas that would curb or eliminate exploitation yes. Because that ounce of prevention beats your pound of cure every day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

I fully understand the concepts of cheating and I am fully aware of folks that are cheating and those who are not.

You are demonstrably not so.

Multiple accounts (meaning: multiple user names) is pushing, playing multiple worlds on the same account is not.
Acquiring GB prints beyond one's city's age is not cheating, it is an intentional feature.

These are objective facts.

DeletedUser35351

https://us0.forgeofempires.com/page/the_game/rules/ (The actual Prime Directive)

1. One account per player
It is allowed to use the same account to play on multiple worlds.

8. Pushing
Operating a push account or knowingly benefiting from it is forbidden. A push account is an account that is mainly used to help another account while neglecting other parts of the game. This means that it is not allowed to use an account solely for the purpose of helping another account grow, or to knowingly receive benefits or any kind of support from such account.

To help simplify it a bit:

An account refers to the player, in my case Ozyman Tremble Weaklings, not to the world. The way the rules are written my cities on E, F, W, X, & Y are all part of the same account. As a push account is mainly used to help another account diamond farms aren't considered push accounts.

Have fun, I'll be back on the forum in earnest in a month or so.

Hmmm okay so please enlighten me and I am serious -- how would Account A actually help Account B assuming these Accounts actually refer to two totally separate accounts rather than the same account on multiple worlds. The latter is rather obvious and are what Diamond Farms are all about specifically creating a city for the sole purpose of helping one of your other cities while neglecting other parts of the game. The only difference here between a Diamond Farm and a Push Account seems to be this definition of what they are referring to when they say Account. My mistake (if I actually made one) is in that I am not aware of a way that a separate Account could actually benefit another Account in a manner that would be unfair?

DeletedUser31440

Hmmm okay so please enlighten me and I am serious -- how would Account A actually help Account B assuming these Accounts actually refer to two totally separate accounts rather than the same account on multiple worlds. The latter is rather obvious and are what Diamond Farms are all about specifically creating a city for the sole purpose of helping one of your other cities while neglecting other parts of the game. The only difference here between a Diamond Farm and a Push Account seems to be this definition of what they are referring to when they say Account. My mistake (if I actually made one) is in that I am not aware of a way that a separate Account could actually benefit another Account in a manner that would be unfair?

FP dumping.

DeletedUser35351

You are demonstrably not so.

Multiple accounts (meaning: multiple user names) is pushing, playing multiple worlds on the same account is not.
Yes this appears to be the case and I have no trouble admitting when I am wrong. However as of yet it still does not make a lot of sense since I still cannot see within the game mechanics how this scenario (as it is being toted) would actually be all the much of a benefit.

Acquiring GB prints beyond one's city's age is not cheating, it is an intentional feature.

These are objective facts.
No the this second one is purely an opinion -- no one (and especially you) have as of yet proven this to be true in anyway shape or form. Your pure defense is ... well they have not done anything about it yet. So since no one seems to actually know I figured I would try and seek some real answers from those that should actually know instead of really on folks like you who seem perfectly content with blindly going about and believing assumptions to be the truth

DeletedUser26965

Dude you truly are infantile I would not be surprised if you are like 10 years old or younger. I fully understand the concepts of cheating and I am fully aware of folks that are cheating and those who are not. Have I reported anyone as of yet no... not my responsibility. Am I willing to speak to the game designers to propose ideas that would curb or eliminate cheating yes. Because that ounce of prevention beats your pound of cure every day.
It is your responsibility as I pointed out earlier "Each player is required to report serious errors immediately to the Forge of Empires Team." You've described GB's out of age and Wishing Wells as cheating so you better get on that reporting.

DeletedUser35351

FP dumping.
Okay by this I am going to have to assume you mean -- an Account that uses their FPs solely for donating to another players GBs ??

How is this in anyway more of an issue than that of a Diamond Farm ?? Where a Diamond Farm's sole purpose is to get more Diamonds for free and nothing else. Again I am just trying to understand this, since so far one seems a definite money issue and the (to me at least) the other is fairly insignificant.

DeletedUser31440

Okay by this I am going to have to assume you mean -- an Account that uses their FPs solely for donating to another players GBs ??

How is this in anyway more of an issue than that of a Diamond Farm ?? Where a Diamond Farm's sole purpose is to get more Diamonds for free and nothing else. Again I am just trying to understand this, since so far one seems a definite money issue and the (to me at least) the other is fairly insignificant.

Im not going to assume that I can speak for the game devs, just giving an example and letting you know that your interpretation of the legality of diamond farms is false.

DeletedUser35351

It is your responsibility as I pointed out earlier "Each player is required to report serious errors immediately to the Forge of Empires Team." You've described GB's out of age and Wishing Wells as cheating so you better get on that reporting.
No I have defined neither as cheating -- but as exploits. Cheating is breaking the actual defined rules. Exploits are something that has not been directly defined as cheating but due to creativeness on the part of the players simply goes against the spirit of the game. I am sure if it was actually against the rules and since it is so prevalent that yes this would have been stopped. However, just because its prevalent and does not break the official rules does not mean that it is a good thing for the game nor within the spirit of the game.

Now as I have stated in a previous post my understanding of Diamond Farming might be wrong in that it may not actually break the rules just simply be an exploit.

Still I never report things until I have determined without a doubt that they are truly breaking the rules and not simply an exploit. Exploits I simply do what I can to help put an end to since they simply go against the spirit of the game which thus far the only proof of what the spirit of the game per the designers I have already presented and no one as of yet has provided anything that even in any way contradicts the proof I have provided.

DeletedUser35351

Im not going to assume that I can speak for the game devs, just giving an example and letting you know that your interpretation of the legality of diamond farms is false.
Okay well so far I am not 100% sure my understanding of Diamond Farms is false -- but I imagine without being reported they would be fairly difficult to track down. Still as I said instead of wandering along blindly believing an assumption to be true I will continue to seek the truth.

So far in these forums I have yet to figure out how to get in touch with someone about getting real answers as opposed to pure opinions.

Salsuero

It's always funny how people think that they know more about what the game is supposed to be like than the team of devs who are actually designing it.

Well to be fair, the developers are in Germany, so they probably don't know as much about the game because this is the U.S. forum. Right? :rolleyes::D

DeletedUser35351

No I have defined neither as cheating -- but as exploits. Cheating is breaking the actual defined rules. Exploits are something that has not been directly defined as cheating but due to creativeness on the part of the players simply goes against the spirit of the game. I am sure if it was actually against the rules and since it is so prevalent that yes this would have been stopped. However, just because its prevalent and does not break the official rules does not mean that it is a good thing for the game nor within the spirit of the game.

Now as I have stated in a previous post my understanding of Diamond Farming might be wrong in that it may not actually break the rules just simply be an exploit.
Well to be fair, the developers are in Germany, so they probably don't know as much about the game because this is the U.S. forum. Right? :rolleyes::D
Precisely and the information I pulled game from the European server which theoretically has a closer connection to the developers than this US mirror site but then the basic reaction to that was -- its hogwash its not from the US server it means nothing

DeletedUser35351

You're doing NO SUCH THING!!! That is patently false. LMFAO. Seeking the truth. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Interesting when did you become omnipotent ?? Oh wait I know -- my not accepting assumptions and opinions as truth is not seeking the truth got it... sorry to inform you that just because a lot of people used to claim the world was flat did not make it the truth. Same thing different flies -- you ought quit sticking your head in it

Graviton

Your pure defense is ... well they have not done anything about it yet.

Yes, that is the defense of my position that building higher-age GBs is not an exploit: because it is widespread enough to be called commonplace, and Inno has said and done nothing to change it.

Your defense, if I am summing it up correctly, is that in your opinion it makes the game easier, and things that make the game easier are bad according to a post on a European server.

You're making assumptions as well. Which one of us is making more of stretch is the question.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26965

No I have defined neither as cheating
I fully expect -- heck no -- I love this cheat -- I mean feature -- it makes the game a lot easier and makes me much more wealthy in the game than I
1) Everyone can do it ? Okay just because everyone can cheat on their taxes should that make it legal to do so?

Man, you make this too easy.
the proof I have provided
Yes, I know, the Prime Directive of the EN Forum DNSL. Inno has violated their own prime directive for nearly 6 years now and somehow they're too blind to see it, how are you not emailing the CEO the moment you came upon this revelation? Let me help you get started so you can get right to the man and not bother with us plebes who can't comprehend the Prime Directive https://www.innogames.com/company/contact/

DeletedUser30900

Why people still here try to talk this guy out of this? It’s either never entering the vote stage or getting nothing but no at there.

DeletedUser26965

Why people still here try to talk this guy out of this? It’s either never entering the vote stage or getting nothing but no at there.
You're right, but it's been fun so let's put an end to this silliness once and for all;

...can you build a great building of an age you haven't yet reached?

5. Yes, but it's going to be difficult as Great Buildings require a lot of goods from their age to build.

Regards,

Anwar, Nov 22, 2012
(former Lead Game Designer)
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/great-building.1253/page-3#post-5931

I-Bring-the-HAMMER-OF-TRUTH.gif

upload_2018-7-3_13-48-20.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.